NEW to the game

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
d3034
Team: Privateer

NEW to the game

Post by d3034 »

Been playing for a couple of days, went right to the most realistic settings and physics I could find online, not playing arcade mode.... And I gotta say, after playing and then watching a few of you pros on YouTube races, holy damn shit. One hell of an achievement, this game seems like it will take me years to master. You guys make it look so damn easy.

Maybe dumb question but gotta know? Is it possible to get good in 1st person ( way I prefer to play, but usually see people playing in 3rd)

Second, does anyone have a suggestion for like the most basic track, to practice really simple stuff, like an oval with a double and maybe woops section or whatnot. (not rabbit hill) The blockpound is pretty cool to play around on, but still too advanced for me.

Lastly, this game is pretty awesome from what i've seen. I can barely stay on the bike, but still I haven't been able to put down the controller on this.

Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place and am pissing everyone off. Paise!
Damon Warlick
Moto332

Re: NEW to the game

Post by Moto332 »

https://discord.gg/pay9wWA my discord, if you need anything, feel free to ask, everyone is chill
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

d3034 wrote:Been playing for a couple of days, went right to the most realistic settings and physics I could find online, not playing arcade mode.... And I gotta say, after playing and then watching a few of you pros on YouTube races, holy damn shit. One hell of an achievement, this game seems like it will take me years to master. You guys make it look so damn easy.

Maybe dumb question but gotta know? Is it possible to get good in 1st person ( way I prefer to play, but usually see people playing in 3rd)

Second, does anyone have a suggestion for like the most basic track, to practice really simple stuff, like an oval with a double and maybe woops section or whatnot. (not rabbit hill) The blockpound is pretty cool to play around on, but still too advanced for me.

Lastly, this game is pretty awesome from what i've seen. I can barely stay on the bike, but still I haven't been able to put down the controller on this.

What's up man?

I'd recommend any JGMX or JGSX tracks.
That's where I learned and I think he makes great tracks that have some roughness but isn't to the RF/EMF replica tracks.
I would figure out the game for a couple of months and then get into those replica tracks. The earlier you learn them the more they become "normal" to you.

You can find them as well as other really cool custom tracks here: http://www.tmfactory-racing.com/amatracks.html

-Jake
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

d3034 wrote:Maybe dumb question but gotta know? Is it possible to get good in 1st person ( way I prefer to play, but usually see people playing in 3rd)
Alot of the top people in this game play first person.
d3034

Post by d3034 »

Finalmushroom wrote:
d3034 wrote:Been playing for a couple of days, went right to the most realistic settings and physics I could find online, not playing arcade mode.... And I gotta say, after playing and then watching a few of you pros on YouTube races, holy damn shit. One hell of an achievement, this game seems like it will take me years to master. You guys make it look so damn easy.

What's up man?

I'd recommend any JGMX or JGSX tracks.
That's where I learned and I think he makes great tracks that have some roughness but isn't to the RF/EMF replica tracks.
I would figure out the game for a couple of months and then get into those replica tracks. The earlier you learn them the more they become "normal" to you.

You can find them as well as other really cool custom tracks here: http://www.tmfactory-racing.com/amatracks.html

-Jake
Its

Thanks will try those, and I have been playing basically only the replica tracks and to my suprise have actually been picking up speed. Its strange how just out of nowhere a lightbulb will go off and you can do something you couldn't do a lap earlier. I will try the jg tracks as well cause I don't think i've seen any of those.
Damon Warlick
d3034

Post by d3034 »

Quinten wrote:
d3034 wrote:Maybe dumb question but gotta know? Is it possible to get good in 1st person ( way I prefer to play, but usually see people playing in 3rd)
Alot of the top people in this game play first person.
Good I wasn't sure, but finally decided screw it I just don't like it the other way so i'm gonna stick to this. But that is good to know cause I was afraid there was just some major detriment that would never allow you to be as good as you could be. be cool to be able to glance left or right though. But overall its legit!
Damon Warlick
d3034

Post by d3034 »

I'm getting better after around a month or so, at the moment I am having a real tough time with understanding how people are getting a little hop off a table top? I see the veterans and they hit em in the rythm section or whatever and just hop right off the top like a little bunny hop. I have only been able to a few times just spazzing on the controller and not even sure how I did it? Usually I go straight off and case into the following jump. Also, kind of been wondering exactly what are good situations for using the back break? For some reason I naturally feel better using the front brakes for everything, but obviously I could be ass backwards on this.
Damon Warlick
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

d3034 wrote:I'm getting better after around a month or so, at the moment I am having a real tough time with understanding how people are getting a little hop off a table top? I see the veterans and they hit em in the rythm section or whatever and just hop right off the top like a little bunny hop. I have only been able to a few times just spazzing on the controller and not even sure how I did it? Usually I go straight off and case into the following jump. Also, kind of been wondering exactly what are good situations for using the back break? For some reason I naturally feel better using the front brakes for everything, but obviously I could be ass backwards on this.
I would lean back and then forward quickly kind of like a preload on an arcade game. What bike are you riding? The 450's is normally easier to do this and the 250's are a lot harder and you have to carry more speed, typically up shift, and do that up and down effect to get the rider to lift the bike and you should make it.

Let me know if this helps man.

-Jake
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lnxa »

d3034 wrote:I'm getting better after around a month or so, at the moment I am having a real tough time with understanding how people are getting a little hop off a table top? I see the veterans and they hit em in the rythm section or whatever and just hop right off the top like a little bunny hop. I have only been able to a few times just spazzing on the controller and not even sure how I did it? Usually I go straight off and case into the following jump. Also, kind of been wondering exactly what are good situations for using the back break? For some reason I naturally feel better using the front brakes for everything, but obviously I could be ass backwards on this.
The 2018 SX tracks have had some hard tables to step off of if you're on a 250. To answer your brake question, A lot of newer people like to just stick both brakes on the same button so it's less to worry about but I use 2 buttons and pretty much only use my rear brake when I need to slow down really quick at the last second or something. Also it's kind of a mix between 1st/3rd person in pros so it just depends what you like.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
d3034

Post by d3034 »

Lnxa wrote:
The 2018 SX tracks have had some hard tables to step off of if you're on a 250. To answer your brake question, A lot of newer people like to just stick both brakes on the same button so it's less to worry about but I use 2 buttons and pretty much only use my rear brake when I need to slow down really quick at the last second or something. Also it's kind of a mix between 1st/3rd person in pros so it just depends what you like.
Thanks! I kind of do the same, mainly use only front and have been playing around with trying to remember to hit both when I REALLY need to slow down quick. Also I have been mainly riding 450 since it seems like a little less technical with having to switch gears. Also was wondering, I recently switched bike models from crf450 to sfx450 or fcx450 one of those (can't recall) mainly because I found a skin for the other that I could edit and put my number on and what not. For some reason It almost feels like the other model actually is performing a little different? Is that my imagination? I know different engine sizes make a big difference but do different models of the same year 2018 have performance differences? I would have thought it would just be litterally different shapes and parts for LOOKS only but it feels like almost a different bike?
Damon Warlick
d3034

Post by d3034 »

Finalmushroom wrote:
I would lean back and then forward quickly kind of like a preload on an arcade game. What bike are you riding? The 450's is normally easier to do this and the 250's are a lot harder and you have to carry more speed, typically up shift, and do that up and down effect to get the rider to lift the bike and you should make it.

Let me know if this helps man.

-Jake

Also do I get on the gas as soon as I hit it, while rocking back then forward? I'm on 450. Sometimes I'll be able to barely skim over the next jump, but can't quite get that little HOP i'd rather have to get over it with a little breathing room. My vertical spring is 100 and forward spring is 90 (maybe doesn't matter). I messed around and got some low stability settings which were way way too hard for me in the beginning, but I didn't know to leave that alone until I got better. have already been riding for a good while, so no going back now. I would like to ride around with some other people before too long, but on the server list http://mxsimulator.com/servers/ how do you know which server you should and should not be trying to get on? Are you just welcome to go wherever? I don't want to jump on track with someone and be ruining an otherwise good race.
Damon Warlick
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lnxa »

d3034 wrote:
Lnxa wrote:
Thanks! I kind of do the same, mainly use only front and have been playing around with trying to remember to hit both when I REALLY need to slow down quick. Also I have been mainly riding 450 since it seems like a little less technical with having to switch gears. Also was wondering, I recently switched bike models from crf450 to sfx450 or fcx450 one of those (can't recall) mainly because I found a skin for the other that I could edit and put my number on and what not. For some reason It almost feels like the other model actually is performing a little different? Is that my imagination? I know different engine sizes make a big difference but do different models of the same year 2018 have performance differences? I would have thought it would just be litterally different shapes and parts for LOOKS only but it feels like almost a different bike?
Yes each dyno handles different/has more or less hp than others.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Moto332

Post by Moto332 »

https://discord.gg/pay9wWA here mate, this is a discord only mx simulator use, we got some dope people and a few pros that can help out, your welcome to join at any time!