Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Re: Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post by Mittocs »

I think that is a very good idea. I wouldn't mind making a "getting started - the basics to riding" tutorial, i'll see what I can come up with tomorrow. I've got work early in the morning so I can't get to it tonight.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

I like the idea. and i completely agree with jlv. I'm sure iv probably been rude to some noobs or even non noobs, but its time for it too stop from everyone... Arguing on the form will prevent this community from expanding. I'm sure it already has...
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
Goardy
Team: Satan

Post by Goardy »

the thing about that though is that it is dependent on the new people actually going to the right place and looking at the right threads, and, judging from what ive seen, people that are new to forums and such dont tend to do that.
However, i guess all it would take is a hyperlinked response and theyd be on their way *shrugs*.
Get a pack of dogs up ya!
ゲイセックス、笑
yomo

Post by yomo »

How about when a new question is asked, the first person to see makes a simple answer

Here, check out the FAQ - Link

Next time if you have a question try looking through the FAQ and after you have read it and if you still have a question post it in the FAQ thread and someone will answer it.

Dont add any hate and no one else reply afterwards the the topic will die off the front page and people will slowing get trained up
robjevv

Post by robjevv »

Duckstream wrote:I STILL LIKE THIS IDEA:
Members who have been seen doing good stuff, being smart or releasing something good, can join one section / has rigths for them,
noobs has own section, they could see the "older gues" section, but cant post anything there.
that would easy up...
every once in a while someone find some cool dude on the noob section who get a transfer to oldies ;)

that is my suggestion.
No dont think that will be the solution, that is a lot of unnassisary work. (spelled wrong I think:P)
Stocksy's solution will be the best for everyone I think.

It is a good thing all of this, in this way we will get a stronger community, that is easier to manage.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

well i think the people who are noobs know they are noobs so a noob room would draw their attention. i know mxghqs noob room helped me when i was a mva noob. and i would have been an epic noob here if mikey didnt help me. a noob room would be great imo
Mutt
Team: Privateer

Post by Mutt »

I dont think its a good idea having no moderators. This forum seems already like a mess and as the game gets bigger more moderation will be needed. Add some serious and mature moderators, make more specific rules, stick to it and those that dont get a ban. Also I think it would be good to have it more strict and organized in the forums, catagory wise ex. Like a beginner/noob forum since there are a lot of beginner questions. Also some sort of technical problems category I think becuase there seems to be a lot of those too. I would also make a category each for screenshots and videos instead of just having one huge thread just makes it hard to find the stuff your looking for.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

+1 on the noob room.

"New Riders - Come here to ask any question about the game."

Put it above general discussion, add up to date tutorials (I still like the wiki manual idea) and stuff, then people will be all over it.
Juan357

Post by Juan357 »

Shack and yzmxer for moderator ;)
Track Comp 2010 Champion!
chris465

Post by chris465 »

I don't think going to no additional moderators is going to fix the situation. I think people need to realize that there is another person on the other end, not just a computer. Treat people as you would like to be treated. If you don't have something useful to say, maybe just keep your opinion to yourself.

One other thing that I was wondering, is why do we not have the ability to edit our posts? I have had to put double post numerous times when I could have just edited it and not had another usless post. Just wondering?
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

chris465 wrote:I don't think going to no additional moderators is going to fix the situation. I think people need to realize that there is another person on the other end, not just a computer. Treat people as you would like to be treated. If you don't have something useful to say, maybe just keep your opinion to yourself.

One other thing that I was wondering, is why do we not have the ability to edit our posts? I have had to put double post numerous times when I could have just edited it and not had another usless post. Just wondering?
Agreed with you man. And the editing posts part, some people were abusing it, like posting something bad then editing out before mods/other people see it. I still think it should be brought back.
Tyler 258

Post by Tyler 258 »

How about a 30 minute time out on editing post, i know on other forums you can edit untill a 30 minute mark,
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I agree with Tyler on this one, at least something done to the post editing. Most times if there is a fight people quote the posts, so if something really is wrong and edited out there is a good chance of it still being there somewhere.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

As far as post editing goes, I'd rather have the double post. A second post with a correction is better than an edit because it bumps the topic and lets people know there is something new to read. If you just edit the original, the people who already read your post will probably never see the correction.

The only time editing would make more sense is when no one has read the post yet. PhpBB3 doesn't have an option to only allow editing when the post hasn't been read though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

What about a timer? Like for 30 seconds after you post it you have the ability to go back and edit or delete it.