Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post by jlv »

I think adding moderators has done more harm than good here. The truth is the only thing I've done here that actually helped the signal to noise ratio was to enable the moderation queue for first time posters (i.e. your first post must be approved by a mod). Now you're probably thinking, don't the moderators help with that? The answer is no. I approve/disapprove almost all of the first time posts myself, and if I don't, they sit in the queue for days.

So since I'm already doing pretty much all the moderation that I actually want myself, I may as well go back to no moderators and take the targets off of DJ, DDMX and Shack's backs. Feel free to make a case against this, but it will have to be pretty compelling to change my mind.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Re: Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post by FactoryBR21 »

It's all up to you , from what you said... i dunoo if moderators are any handy anymore. By the way i think we could edito and delete our posts , seriously its kinda bad , atleast for me.
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Can I be a mod? :D

*waits for picture of troll...*

Oh yea, can a mod please delete this post?

I think you need an amateur forum where users must gain themselves 15 or so useful posts before receiving their "pro-license" and posting with the big boys.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I say we keep Shack and add mxer323/James.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

wheels1758 wrote:
I think you need an amateur forum where users must gain themselves 15 or so useful posts before receiving their "pro-license" and posting with the big boys.
Ya thats a really good idea. :D
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

tyskorn wrote:I say we keep Shack and add mxer323/James.
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

Yzmxer for mod.
End of story
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

I forgot about Yz.I would have to agree with Butler there.YZ would be a really good mod and would definately help you out,Josh.
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

Shack and YZ should be mods, end of story.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

lol

Not sure on the logic of reading JLV's original post and deciding the right thing to do is start nominating people to be new mods :lol:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

But Shack is never on the forum,haha.I don't think he has ever banned anyone on here.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

tyskorn wrote:But Shack is never on the forum,haha.I don't think he has ever banned anyone on here.
You're banned

I think DJ has come to the realization that more than half the stuff said on these forums is completely useless in terms of progression as a community, he just got caught in it and realized it and did the noble thing and stepped back. I don't blame him, honestly. There an off topic section of these forums for a reason. Too many threads are skewing wayyyyy off key. Maybe us mods are getting caught up in the nonsense and its shadowing our real purpose? All 3 of us certainly dislike babysitting immature kids behind a keyboard day in and day out, and after a while we just get caught up in it.

In all honesty, i do try to help when I can. Lately i have been busy with work and studying for DAT's so i may not have been around the forums all too much. Whether you decide to demote us or not, i'll still be here helping whenever i can and wherever i can, because I enjoy this game and like to try to keep this community headed in the right direction... I've experienced about 5 or 6 racing communities and have seen some crumble and others prosper.

I'd also like to say that even though i do enjoy community time with a bunch of guys on Xfire, they know that I'm a moderator and they know that I'll still enforce the rules regardless if they are my buddy or not.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Any chance we could have a hidden part of the forum that can only be accessed by the more "veteran" or even just the mature members of the forum. That way we could go back to having civilised conversations about mx simulator without it turning into an internet brawl. Something similar to what has happened for that big track thing that a few of the guys were thinking of doing?

Im not sure if that is similar to what wheels said, im too lazy to read it haha.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I just think its these new guys. (Zack, Pinit)

Before people like that were here the community was great.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Lmao way to not single people out mikey, but yeah you have a point mr vegemike.