Poll for later tracks for realism

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

Would you rather have the track the week after IRL pro racing to have the track closer to IRL?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 54

DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Poll for later tracks for realism

Post by DBRider251 »

I might catch a lot of hate, but I’m just curious.

Who would be in favor of having the track come out the week after the pros race IRL to have a closer track to IRL? I understand if the track is completely different than what is designed that it would be a problem. But Hangtown and Washougal last year had minor changes from Sim to IRL that could have probably been fixed with a couple days to work on it.

I also understand that the tracks terrains are finished 1-2 weeks before the actual sim race, and the rest is just billboards, statues, shading, and testing.

Just wanna hear the rest of the community’s thoughts and honest opinions.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Racers52

Re: Poll for later tracks for realism

Post by Racers52 »

Less hype with a release after the IRL race.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

DBRider251 wrote:Who would be in favor of having the track come out the week after the pros race IRL to have a closer track to IRL?
If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this....well, just look at YZed's sig.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Would you rather have the track a few weeks after IRL pro racing to have the track closer to IRL?
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Would you rather have the track a few weeks after IRL pro racing to have the track closer to IRL?
Please explain how it would be a few weeks to change minor things to make it more realistic. I actually want to know, not trying to be sarcastic or mean.

From my understanding, there are certain people who have certain jobs for each track. X makes terrain, Y places billboards, Z does lighting and so on. Instead of sending the terrain back to X, just give it to a guy, A, who can re-adjust everything to fit the changes in a couple of days. Since X, Y, and Z are working on other tracks already, A can finish up the needed changes and still have the track out by the race days.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Who would be in favor of having the track come out the week after the pros race IRL to have a closer track to IRL?
If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this....well, just look at YZed's sig.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

DBRider251 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Please explain how it would be a few weeks to change minor things to make it more realistic. I actually want to know, not trying to be sarcastic or mean.

From my understanding, there are certain people who have certain jobs for each track. X makes terrain, Y places billboards, Z does lighting and so on. Instead of sending the terrain back to X, just give it to a guy, A, who can re-adjust everything to fit the changes in a couple of days. Since X, Y, and Z are working on other tracks already, A can finish up the needed changes and still have the track out by the race days.
If guy A can do the jobs of X, Y, and Z then it will look worse. X makes the terrain, giving it to Y for statues/billboards/timing gates, probably decals and lighting too. Z most likely is there to assist Y or test for X or working on the next week. Lighting is a render for shadows once everything is placed. If anything is changed in the environment or terrain the whole lighting render has to be done again. To keep styles and feel similar you would want the same track maker to make the changes to whatever turns/jumps to the rest of the track. Once those changes are made then values for placements will have to be fixed again for visuals. What might be small changes, to ask them to finish a track then finish it again in a few days while finishing next weeks is not reasonable.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

This wouldn't be a problem if this was a full-time gig for any of us. We're all capable and talented enough. However, currently we simply have between now and whenever the race is to finish the track. Vacations, life, family, etc. can all happen in that time without consequence.

What you're asking for would require the track maker to be available immediately after Saturday's racing to update the terrain to then get to the person who does decals and objects and such and get it packaged. Again, not impossible, but not something most of us who have been through this quite a few times are interested in doing. It's stressful enough week in and out!

Plus, I agree part of it is the hype for the upcoming week and the exposure for the game via YouTube views and such of hotlaps.

Hope that helps explain it.