how do I keep straight through whoops

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Chicken_Burrito
Team: privateer

how do I keep straight through whoops

Post by Chicken_Burrito »

I have been playing for a few days now and feel comfortable on some sx tracks but i keep getting caught up in the whoops. i try to hit the as straight as possible but after a few my bike wants to turn on me. any tips on how to prevent this?
MxShippie50
Team: Crush Kawasaki Racin

Re: how do I keep straight through whoops

Post by MxShippie50 »

Chicken_Burrito wrote:I have been playing for a few days now and feel comfortable on some sx tracks but i keep getting caught up in the whoops. i try to hit the as straight as possible but after a few my bike wants to turn on me. any tips on how to prevent this?
Use your dab button that its set on, try that. If it doesnt IDK
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

you're probably over correcting or your stab is just bad.
OR your controller's sticks are messed up
OR OR you need to turn off automatic shifting
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
christianjonse
Team: Privateer

Post by christianjonse »

What gear are you doin the whoops? I usually hit the whoops in 2nd or 3rd and i go through them smoothly
JPDFR
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JPDFR »

There is two ways you can try. Enter the whoops leaning back on everyone or try leaning back on every whoop. 2nd or 3rd are mostly good on a 250 and 450 2nd works usually good sometimes 3rd aswell. :D
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

I say:
1. Ensure you're hitting them very straight (You'll learn to slowly correct as you dance around later but you very slowly move over or your front wheel will turn too much and catch causing you to go over the bars)
2. Carry good speed but on the slower side. I'm not the fastest guy through them but I'm really consistent in whoops and don't hardly crash there anymore.
With this I think it's best to find a gear where you can put it in that gear and hold it wide open. I do 1st on the 450 and 2nd on the 250f. This will be really consistent instead of trying to get the perfect amount of throttle.
3. I try and not lean forward or back and this all depends on your set up. Some allow for you to stay neutral most of the time only leaning back as you hit the whoop a couple times per section to stay nose high while others require you to tap back on every whoop. I always go for the consistent route because that's more important than speed for me. This game as a lot of hot lappers.
4. Keep practicing and keep making changes to your suspension. I think finding a good set up that works for YOU is what's so fun about this game.

I'd be happy to get into a server with you and get onto discord and help you out if you need man. As well as give you my set up for a possible base.
I'm available on the weekends if so.

-Jake
patrickadizzle

Post by patrickadizzle »

lean back and pin it
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Mess a little with the landing damping settings and see if that makes a difference. The high-speed rebound damping settings can change the whoops handling as well as compression and springs. It's a tradeoff in other areas like cornering.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.