Harry Potter Hacks?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Racers52

Re: Harry Potter Hacks?

Post by Racers52 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:The moment you started messing with the .exe it was already too late for redemption. The leak was your fault, how the hell you think it's not is beyond me. Really in touch there.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I only wanted to help JLV, I even asked
I don't see how anything you're doing is helpful
Pitbikes would make this game fun!
You're literally hacking the exe!
I sent you my UID, you could've just banned me!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Jim Kinson wrote:in case none of you guys can read i said 'i am learning only by trial an error' which mainly consists of change number, see what happens, repeat... i wasn't offering to send JLV a download link to cheat engine, i would have sent over every cheat table and saved line of code i have so far... so he can see which addresses are valuable and add stronger encryption or a check on that value... How the hell would i have been 1 up from that?
What a freaking dumbass. I have the source code. Do you think I don't know where the freaking gravity variable is? Now I don't get to just write "x=gravity", now I get to have some monstrosity like "descramble_memory(&gravity, sizeof(gravity)); x=gravity; scramble_memory(&gravity, sizeof(gravity)); if (user_is_a_scumbag_modifying_memory_with_cheat_engine(&gravity)) flag_cheater(uid);" and repeat that for every single variable that could be used for an exploit. Really going to help with the readability, efficiency and maintainability of my code! Thanks for the help man!

And yes, I was just kicking the can down the road. Some scumbag was going to force it eventually. That scumbag happened to be you. I wanted to work on things that make the game better rather than work on something that just prevents it from getting worse while making my code a huge mess, so I hoped that you were honest and I wouldn't see exploits posted crediting you. Bad decision on my part.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:The moment you started messing with the .exe it was already too late for redemption. The leak was your fault, how the hell you think it's not is beyond me. Really in touch there.
It's all totally innocent. He was just using something called, er, cheat engine to make positive contributions to the game.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

jlv wrote:What a freaking dumbass.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Where do we get this cheat engine from? Asking for a friend.
Hi
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Post by Brock1198 »

Boblob801 wrote:Where do we get this cheat engine from? Asking for a friend.
*cough*youtube*cough*
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

jlv wrote:flag_cheater(uid)
Friend was wanting to know if by flag you were just referring to kicked from a server. She feels as though what she does in the comfort of her own single player should be private and have no impact on her uhhh uid standards?
Hi
m121c

Post by m121c »

Dumbbelly29 wrote:
I think you got the wrong end of the stick there... i was looking for people to help me, i already found the weight of each bike part and the amount of power that the bike outputs at a certain rpm (i believe.. feels like it.)... and that was simply to weed out anyone that didn't have enough of a brain to get to where i was at (want to work with people not be trying to teach them everything)

you are wrong, but i'm no l33t haxxer or developer... attempting to mod the game with only prior knowledge being plugging usb's into my xbox and shooting paintballs at zombies. i'm not trying to get anyone do 'do it for me' only trying to weed out people too lazy to learn for themselves... if you want proof i have already done these things i have gyazo's out the ass

'lets not credit yourself with a developed software that's not yours'

yeah mason you created your honda in blender so you're gonna have to credit blender for that and not yourself... geez

--------------------

Besides, you're listing things you think are impossible - but really aren't, with someone that has enough knowledge on the subject we could implement this kind of stuff.. i can already mimic new 125 dynos by editing old, i can already change weight of 50's to be more fun to ride and actually feel light... things like geo, bones, collision files are difficult... i'm not saying i'm a genius, idk where tf to start with those - so i'm trying to find people who can help so that progress isn't whenever i get the time to trawl through values changing stuff to learn via trial and error. I posted my idea about dyno specific geo in suggestions yesterday... as currently i don't know what i need to change to do myself.

( i can also change the pivot point for my rear wheel to be 50ft behind me, edit sounds, pitch, tempo, make 4 strokes wind down quicker, more bark less ttr, remove certain etc) which could come in useful at some point but for now near useless because i simply don't have the knowledge to find the other values required
I didn't get the wrong of the stick, I know bullshit when I see it. You have no clue what it means to create something yourself, so I dont expect you to understand where I am coming from.
Jim Kinson
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Jim Kinson »

m121c wrote: I didn't get the wrong of the stick,
Did you get hit with the stick?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Boblob801 wrote:
Friend was wanting to know if by flag you were just referring to kicked from a server. She feels as though what she does in the comfort of her own single player should be private and have no impact on her uhhh uid standards?
I won't guarantee it'll only flag you if you're online and it's not going to kick you; it's going to quietly flag you so you can be banned at a later date. Since there's no true way to prevent cheats from working if the hacker is careful enough you have to make the detection hard for the hacker to test for. The cheater is never sure if his hack is undetected or if the detection just hasn't reported him yet. If it reported instantly the cheater could test and be sure it's safe.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

jlv wrote:
Boblob801 wrote:
I won't guarantee it'll only flag you if you're online and it's not going to kick you; it's going to quietly flag you so you can be banned at a later date. Since there's no true way to prevent cheats from working if the hacker is careful enough you have to make the detection hard for the hacker to test for. The cheater is never sure if his hack is undetected or if the detection just hasn't reported him yet. If it reported instantly the cheater could test and be sure it's safe.
Is there a set of rules outlined somewhere? For example it's obviously not against the rules to mod the game buuut it also is... so where would said line be?
Hi
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

That's so cute that you think it's only jlv's rule... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:That's so cute that you think it's only jlv's rule... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
So we're banning 99% of the community for modding sim or???? There's rules right.........
Hi
wilson213

Post by wilson213 »

Boblob801 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:That's so cute that you think it's only jlv's rule... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
So we're banning 99% of the community for modding sim or???? There's rules right.........
It's pretty obvious where that line is imo. Basically when you Start messing with stuff never intended to be messed with. Jlv has been very open to moders but once you crack into the games code it's over for sim.
ThatMxGuyThing
Crushed Dissenter

Post by ThatMxGuyThing »

oof..

This isn't where I parked my car. my bad