I'm a noob and i need help.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
vicatoren
Team: Privateer

I'm a noob and i need help.

Post by vicatoren »

I have some problems, espesially with jumps. The first is, i really don't understand why the front wheel dips in the air even pinned. I can fix this on big jumps because thay have big takeoffs and thus lots of time to prepare, but smaller rythm sections in supercross you don't. How do I make the bike not do that?

The second is: how the h*** do you whip? I've tried sitting down and turning, but I just do the puniest litte whip i've ever seen, even on massive jumps with five sec air time. What can I do to make the whip truly nasty? And any tips for landing straight?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: I'm a noob and i need help.

Post by Wahlamt »

Hey! Few quick things:
-This game has a steep learning curve, go slow and you'll make more (faster) progress than if you crash all the time.
-For the front end, turn "rider mass distribution up to 0.43, should do something. Also try to mix with when to pull back in the jump. If you just go pinned, it might not help. Pull the rider back when hitting the jump should help (once you're experienced, you'll never think of this again. It's just annoying when you're new, trust me!).
-If you're using a rather high stability, you won't get those nasty whips.

IF you want to learn the fastest and make the most progress, practice consistency and not crashing. I did the opposite, I went as fast as I could until I crashed, or threw whips. Took me a very long time to just be able to ride a clean lap. But then, as soon as I started practicing consistency, my skill level skyrocketed in comparison how it had developed before.

For whips, try to learn to ride first, eventually you'll put it a little sideways over a jump and it comes more natural.
TiddyG

Post by TiddyG »

Wahlamt wrote:Hey! Few quick things:
-This game has a steep learning curve, go slow and you'll make more (faster) progress than if you crash all the time.
-For the front end, turn "rider mass distribution up to 0.43, should do something. Also try to mix with when to pull back in the jump. If you just go pinned, it might not help. Pull the rider back when hitting the jump should help (once you're experienced, you'll never think of this again. It's just annoying when you're new, trust me!).
-If you're using a rather high stability, you won't get those nasty whips.

IF you want to learn the fastest and make the most progress, practice consistency and not crashing. I did the opposite, I went as fast as I could until I crashed, or threw whips. Took me a very long time to just be able to ride a clean lap. But then, as soon as I started practicing consistency, my skill level skyrocketed in comparison how it had developed before.

For whips, try to learn to ride first, eventually you'll put it a little sideways over a jump and it comes more natural.
This is good advice, another thing I would add for jumps to stop your front end from dropping through the air make sure your not at the top of the rpm in the gear when you take off from the jump. Try either shifting up on the upramp (probably a better option on supercross then the next tip) or try letting off the throttle on the flat coming into the jump then give it full throttle as you come up the jump face.

Keep practicing mate, consistency is important to learning, lap times don't matter when you can't do them consistently.
vicatoren

Post by vicatoren »

Ok, thanks. Ill try those things, took me a while to reply because i was sailing.