Why dont you guys do erode tests?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: Why dont you guys do erode tests?

Post by checkerz »

DBRider251 wrote:bunch of talking out ass...
If you'd been to the tests, you'd answer all your questions...

I can't just "test erode on a tavella bros track for free" because every track erodes significantly differently. The only way to develop erode on "National Track A" is testing on a version of "National Track A". A setting that is sweet in one corner is complete shit in another even though you'd think they were practically the same turn.

I can't just "test with 20 guys". It isn't better than nothing. All it is is chasing your tail. What you get with 20 guys is completely different than 40, so much so that all it does is lead me in a wrong direction. Same with turning the erode off of 1.0. Every variable changes significantly the outcome. We learned this through testing.

And you're right, why should people do something when there is nothing in it for them. That is why testing and development is done.

Can't wait to hear your great, helpful feedback from Red Bud.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Lets Be Honest, There are multiple reasons people are not participating anymore.

Game needs a major update - Basically everything but physics would bring a lot of people back and a lot of new people in. I would pay again for a update or new game.

Community - All the content that was created and released back at the start up to a few years ago. People were just getting ungrateful then and those were the good days. Well those guys all left because they new what was to come.

The start of selling content - People that understand work has a value and that a person has the right to ask for compensation is not wrong. The work and skill these guys have does not happen overnight. Its years of experience and 100's of hours of work on each project they do. But people left because of this. You cant blame the creators as they have to protect themselves as well due to all the ripping and sharing. And after that starts they have enough and leave as well.

Paying to race - Once again to understand what goes into the site work, the servers, the stats and records as well as the tracks and content on tracks its a no brainer to charge a bit. Its a small fee to pay even if you do not race every race.

Erode - If anything i think erode actually brought some hope for a bit. A new challenge that could level the playing field a bit. You could no longer learn the lines on a pre built blown out moto 2 version track and or run ridiculous settings on your bike. Now you have to actually test and find a more realistic base that fits each track. Not to mention you will have a slight idea of how the track will break down and ride but only a slight idea.

These could all be reasons why people are not here participating. Matter fact i'm sure they are all reasons and there are many more like growing up and moving on to a different phase in life. As a community we should want to all be investors of this game not collectors. No matter the cost or the time it takes.

We all need to work together to help steer this into the right direction. Just because JLV is the owner of the game it does not mean our input is not valuable. This game has lasted 10-11 years and that's not all due to Josh. It' due to guys like DJ, Checkerz, DDmx, DJD, Wilson the list goes on and on and on with so many talented people that took time out of there normal day to day schedule to help invest in a game to make it better. They did it for FREE. They helped people do the same even though they did not have to. They were even taken advantage of but still stuck it out as long as they could.

At the end of the day you can blame whatever you want but id recommend looking into a mirror. Its how things are demanded more then asked. Suggestions that did not have much thought but were said in a ungrateful manor. We say a lot but we don't seem to do much to help!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

A new game with the same physics engine but an updated lighting or shaders-type of system like Race mentioned would be a huge update. Perhaps a new UI for the start menu, being able to inspect bikes/gear in-game, etc would be something to get people interested.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Ddavis wrote:A new game with the same physics engine but an updated lighting or shaders-type of system like Race mentioned would be a huge update. Perhaps a new UI for the start menu, being able to inspect bikes/gear in-game, etc would be something to get people interested.
Exactly! I would love to see my bike and rider in the main menu screen change to the bike and gear i pick.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Thanks for that data Devin, helps to visualize it!

Also 2016 was the first year with pay to race
kawasakirider616

Post by kawasakirider616 »

I'll add my two cents to this even though im pretty late.

IMO erode is fun for playing around on but I do not enjoy it while racing. Ive had more random fall offs and crashes this year than any other year. The races are fun for the first 20 minutes and then it turns into a survival. I know people are going to say that its a simulator and that it shouldn't be consistent but we don't have near the control that they have in the real life over our bike. Our guy has the arm strength of a cooked spaghetti noodle and flops over when you breathe on him. Also, I really dislike qualifying on erode... you waste half the session sometimes waiting for the lines to form. Along with what Hunter said you have to have enough people in the server for it to be worth it. If there is only 3 people in the server its not even worth it to try and play in it.

I also think this has made the skill gap go down. I don't any offense by this as Atom has gotten really fast but I don't he would be close to leclair if it wasn't for erode. Maybe this is a good thing I don't know, but I personally don't think its a good thing. As dumb as this may seem the most fun ive had on this game is "tryharding" for a hotlap. It was always fun to me to try and be the fastest on the track and I would find myself playing for a while just to try and get better, I don't get that with erode. With erode I don't even find it worth it to do that because i know it won't be worth it for the race. With erode you can go the same speed as somebody that put in a lot of work with 1 race on the track. So to me its like why put all this time into the track when Joe Motocross can keep up with me because theres one line on the track?

I think Hunter hit the nail on the head with this one for sure and I agree with the things he said. Also, I know we don't have the best history Chex but I do hope that you can see my point of view.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

kawasakirider616 wrote:I also think this has made the skill gap go down. I don't any offense by this as Atom has gotten really fast but I don't he would be close to leclair if it wasn't for erode. Maybe this is a good thing I don't know, but I personally don't think its a good thing.
Looking at this year so far compared to last, it seems like theres actually a bigger skill gap. in the top tiers at least*
Also if I'm understanding this correctly how is it a bad thing I'm close to Leclair? Would it be better if he was cake walking his way to another championship? Or if Jesse was here DDoSing his way to another one as well?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I agree in some ways of Kyle, but I do think Atom stepped it up big time, and Atom did win a moto last year without erode, and I'd say he's gotten way faster since then since I was able to battle with Atom a bit last season and he's been untouchable (for me) this season.
kawasakirider616

Post by kawasakirider616 »

Atom6246 wrote:
kawasakirider616 wrote:I also think this has made the skill gap go down. I don't any offense by this as Atom has gotten really fast but I don't he would be close to leclair if it wasn't for erode. Maybe this is a good thing I don't know, but I personally don't think its a good thing.
Or if Jesse was here DDoSing his way to another one as well?
Yes because Jesse DDoS'd his way to a 73 point lead last year :roll: Whether or not he DDoS'd for a championship I don't know but what I do know is that he was one of the fastest dudes on the track week in an week out. He put in the time to be the best in the game and to discredit 3 championships is stupid IMO. You are misinterpreting what i was saying about you being close to Leclair. I think its great for racing but what im saying is that Leclair is the fastest person in the game no questions asked. If it wasn't for erode he would destroy everybody. Thats what i mean by the skill gap, im not talking about points im just talking about raw talent.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Ddavis wrote:I agree in some ways of Kyle, but I do think Atom stepped it up big time, and Atom did win a moto last year without erode, and I'd say he's gotten way faster since then since I was able to battle with Atom a bit last season and he's been untouchable (for me) this season.
Appreciate it Devin.
kawasakirider616 wrote:Yes because Jesse DDoS'd his way to a 73 point lead last year :roll: Whether or not he DDoS'd for a championship I don't know but what I do know is that he was one of the fastest dudes on the track week in an week out. He put in the time to be the best in the game and to discredit 3 championships is stupid IMO.
Lol I was memeing my guy chill.
kawasakirider616 wrote:You are misinterpreting what i was saying about you being close to Leclair. I think its great for racing but what im saying is that Leclair is the fastest person in the game no questions asked. If it wasn't for erode he would destroy everybody. Thats what i mean by the skill gap, im not talking about points im just talking about raw talent.
I agree he has been the fastest rider for the longest time. But if you want to talk about raw talent Leclair isn't in the question IMO. Homie does so much to his game/setup to be where he is. Then you have people like Tysen, Seabolt, and yourself that can hop on whatever track and get it down to a insane pace without much time. That's raw talent.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Everyone acts like erode is a big deal when really it should have been developed and released years ago.

This is a feature that most current gen moto games come with standard.

What hurts erode the most is the inability to see breaking bumps, chatter and ruts.

Without full perception of the changing track in front of the rider, it's like sending a blind man through an obstacle course.

IMO, fix the lighting/environment issues and you fix erode.
Will93
Team: Privateer

Post by Will93 »

How about an option to scale erode up or down over a period of time? If you could set it up so it's at a higher value earlier in the race and scale down at a determined rate/curve over a set time period (say 45 minutes) you could have lines begin to form up earlier and at the same time minimize the extreme chop and roughness by the end of the moto as it'll be scaled down by that point. I think that wouldn't be too difficult for JLV to implement and it should fix a lot of the complaints of the riders while at the same time allowing far more control over how much it erodes and when. Just my thoughts as an observer :D
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

Erode actually fucked the qualifying. For 10 lap of qualifying session , we have the first 4-5 lap useless cause the track is flat , and the last few lap too much rought, so we can only go for a laptime during 2 or 3 lap, or even sometime during only one or two lap like thunder or hangtown. And we have to wait for people join the server because we canno't do better than 2.05 alone....
I think we should have a quali track without erode, and a racetrack 1 hours before the race, so we can take fun again on qual and don't have to wait for people to train erode, that remove erode tryharder and put everyone on the same scale for qual and the race.
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National