Why dont you guys do erode tests?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
motocross_will

Why dont you guys do erode tests?

Post by motocross_will »

Just wondering why some people dont show up to the erode tests? Because the people that dont need to realize that it is hurting the game and racing more than you think. If checkerz stops testing erode and ends up leaving the sim community its GG racing is over. So start showing up plz <3
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Why dont you guys do erode tests?

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

How the hell would we know?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

motocross_will wrote:Just wondering why some people dont show up to the erode tests? Because the people that dont need to realize that it is hurting the game and racing more than you think. If checkerz stops testing erode and ends up leaving the sim community its GG racing is over. So start showing up plz <3
i usually try my best to make the test races... my problem is i have to wake up at 6am est to go to work so when they're at 10:30 its just a bit too late normally. the only night i stay up is for the am races but i really hope he keeps trying and testing
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Game is in a really bad decline right now.

Go on SYS and the average views for other moto games is like 37k and the average for a sim video is like 3.5k....

IMO the only thing that could revive the game is a new lighting engine with HDR environments, terrain tessalation and 4k terrains, and scripting.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Racers52 wrote:Game is in a really bad decline right now.

Go on SYS and the average views for other moto games is like 37k and the average for a sim video is like 3.5k....

IMO the only thing that could revive the game is a new lighting engine with HDR environments, terrain tessalation and 4k terrains, and scripting.
or $100,000 a year job for me. I'd release a new track every day and run a race on it every night.

Yep, sounds sick right? JLV, you in?
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Racers52 wrote:IMO the only thing that could revive the game is a new lighting engine with HDR environments, terrain tessalation and 4k terrains, and scripting.
And optimization to allow the use of more than 1 core in your processor.
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

cuz erode is shit and killing the game :D
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

checkerz wrote:
Racers52 wrote:Game is in a really bad decline right now.

or $100,000 a year job for me. I'd release a new track every day and run a race on it every night.

Yep, sounds sick right? JLV, you in?
Do it bro! (Talking about taking a good job)
Time isn't free and doing shit for free doesn't pay the bills! lol.
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

maggett wrote:cuz erode is shit and killing the game :D
its a simulator
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It seems like a lot of the erode test races (all of the ones for which I'm seeing announcements) are run with very little lead time. It is difficult to find that chunk of time if I've already committed to something else or if there's no time to find out that a test race is happening. I understand that these things can't be scheduled out in advance as well as the race series, but maybe a schedule of 2 or 3 over the course of a week would be cool, especially since we love to gang up in teamspeak servers for organized races and hoot around.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

KTM57 wrote:It seems like a lot of the erode test races (all of the ones for which I'm seeing announcements) are run with very little lead time. It is difficult to find that chunk of time if I've already committed to something else or if there's no time to find out that a test race is happening. I understand that these things can't be scheduled out in advance as well as the race series, but maybe a schedule of 2 or 3 over the course of a week would be cool, especially since we love to gang up in teamspeak servers for organized races and hoot around.
I agree, and I've tried to show up for erode tests but usually don't find the time. I understand everyone's busy and has lives outside of sim, including Chris when he's hosting them, but the short amount of time that he has to host an erode test with maximum 2-3 hours notice is hard to keep up with, especially when I don't play from the time the second moto ends until qualifying begins for the next week (so I don't touch sim from Wed night until Monday night usually). I know Chris has a family and kids but a lot of us work or go to school (the latter for me) and I feel like the majority of the people who don't show up are usually playing other games (sometimes CS) when there isn't races going on for sim, and we usually don't even check the forums for races. Another problem is the amount of ddosing, because I feel like that's drawn the majority of the people away from TS and the old fashioned "hop in another channel and say erode test is happening". Discord isn't really comparable since people are usually in 5-10 diff discords and it's hard to keep track with constant alerts and notifications. Chris and I went back and forth last week because I've felt like I attended a fair amount of erode tests, when in reality I did 1 during SX and 2 during MX, mainly because I've felt like there was a lack of community effort and it wasn't worth showing up for when there's 5-10 people showing up and just fucking around punting each other. That isn't going to do anything productive for Chris or the EMF crew. I don't know what to tell Chris, but it doesn't help that he's been pretty critical of our opinions on erode. He'll continuously try and update it and make it work well, but there's also a fair amount of frustration coming from him and it's apparent during the test races. Whenever people start discussing the erode and try to explain how they think it's better, it just turns into Chris accusing us of bitching all the time and never giving feedback and just tries to say we bitch about it, which isn't necessarily true. We've all raged at erode during qualifying because it's usually pretty bad and lines don't really form well, but I've been honest after the races and admitted that I liked how it formed. I thought GH was too high, and for whatever reason it didn't form at all in the 2nd moto until really late in the race which was frustrating, but other than that I've enjoyed the progress made with erode. Lastly, this community has gone from OGs who loved the game even at its worst point and played during the early days of RFG, whereas now it feels like the community is vastly consumed by entitled teenagers who expect that they can sit on their asses and demand erode and free races and prizes without putting in any effort from their end, and that's driven the majority of OG players away from this game, and honestly why I only show up for race nights and don't really put any effort towards erode tests or local races (not because of guys like Chris, but the community members who are the majority of people who show up for them). Chris likes to point his finger at me and say I'm the reason why this game is dying (he actually said that...), but I think it's the large number of newer generation racers who are a bit younger and take a lot of shit on this game for granted whereas there's still some of us who enjoyed racing this game when the tracks weren't good and everything was a bit hit or miss, whereas nowadays everything seems pretty dialed in.
Jared133mx

Post by Jared133mx »

sim is dead
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

Devin can you write my essays?
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

IMO Why Sim is on a decline, It's because of the erode on outdoors it's just not fun or cool let's be honest you can't have a fun a flat track on sim it's terrible 1 lined around most of the tracks and you can't do sick pro line jumps, bumps, and rail different corner then someone else it's slot car racing. Racing seems to be terrible, the little bit i watch it no one is having fun on the game that i talk to mostly also the lag doesn't help at all I get 90 to 125 FPS on outdoors and it sucks just watching it and playing. I Can't join a server unless you have 10 players cause the track is a flat turd not fun at all. You can't relate to someone going fast on the track because it's always different.
Here's some photos of the good times on the game that the track just looks fun and changeling!
Here's a photo of 2018 Thunder Valley
Thinking about who want's to play MX Sim when there bored a lot people you can't play the national tracks because there flat and boring people like having a challenge and these tracks are not fun unless you have 10 people playing. Also i can't join a freaking server because it's locked so i'm stuck playing a flat track. Also this whole damn lock angle BS people are running it a 5 is kinda killing the game for me watching people play with it at 5 is arcade game now. This is IMO Please don't post a reply saying erode is amazing when it's killing the game.
I understand a lot community has been working really hard on erode settings but for the causal gamer erode is terrible for them and we need them to help grow the game.
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

^^^ This.
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.