Why dont you guys do erode tests?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
higgy

Re: Why dont you guys do erode tests?

Post by higgy »

xsrE wrote:I haven't been apart of this community for very long and i would hate for it to fall apart anytime soon but i thought i would just deposit my 2 cents in, The fast lines will always be the fast lines, regardless of erode or not, yes erode definitely makes those lines a lot more visible and sometimes a lot rougher, therefore forcing alternate lines. Even if the races didn't use erode there would still be fast lines, why slow up for an inside just to "mix it up" when you can hold it pinned around the outside. i speak bullshit i know :mrgreen:
Brad_Smith

Post by Brad_Smith »

I Agree with Hunter 110%..

Erode is killing the game whether we like it or not.. I know to alot of you its just "Another shit opinion" but its the truth. I Like what Jlv says in regards to getting rid of erode and having the game back the way it should be.. the sim everyone enjoyed and not split the community up and make everyone argue because of a feature that JLV has added.. #SAVESIM
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

Ddavis wrote: Take a lot of shit on this game for granted
^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
This sums up the MXS community and the community is the one killing itselves. Not erode.
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

Here's a couple of things that i think that will help erode and bring more people into the game! If EMF/RF track crew build the track just like they use to be but for the race/qualifying they do erode but again on a small percent so the main line builds chop and not a taller berm/rut.
2016 Southwick was a lot fun to play today because i did not have to wait to create bumps and ruts, Biggest problem with erode is that it takes way to much time for the track to be somewhat fun to play. From the little bit i play it usually takes 6 minutes for the track to be good with people then the race is over at 10 minutes so you have 4 minutes to run a lap that's a big problem for qualifying and the average player like me to have fun with the game.
2018 Southwick
Another thing is it's time for ruts on face of a jump faces!
Ruts on the face of jumps are so sick and fun I don't know why we don't have more of these on erode tracks it helps a lot on the fun/challenge factor of the game!
Ruts in valley would be amazing also like this!
Also the track scale needs to be changed because the tracks are way to fast and wide.
Chris, I understand that your trying to make erode make the bumps and ruts but i just don't think it's healthy for the future of the game because of the time it takes to do that in single player and server.
Peter, that photo of Redbud was 2013 where it was perfect mix with skill , realistic and fun. I agree 2012 Redbud was little to much for sim.
EMF did the GP round with bumps and ruts and it seemed to be pretty damn good with changing lines so I do think this could be the fix for the people that say erode sucks and people that love erode best of both worlds. Tysen, Shipley ,Smith ,Crain ,Dennis and Valtteri What's your IMO on fixing erode and the decline of sim?
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Valtteri has been drunk since 2017
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

Bubba40 wrote:I think erode can work if EMF/RF build a full blown track but they need the erode on a really small scale like so the bumps and corners get little bit more chop in the main line so you have to change lines at some point in the race because at this point the tracks are not fun/challenging.
I kinda like this idea. Don't get me wrong, erode is not perfect and with the state of the game, it is going to take a lot of testing to somewhat perfect it. That is the wall we face today with the lack of presence including myself, I admit it to the test races. I like erode, but think it would be better if we followed something similar to what Hunter stated, "build a full blown track but they need the erode on a really small scale like so the bumps and corners get little bit more chop in the main line so you have to change lines." I do feel like more people played prior to the erode racing scene but it's not my decision to decide the fate off this game. I may not have a good opinion here to most but, I do like this idea a lot. Would require somewhat a little less testing I think, idk.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Wanting erode out of the game fixes nothing. If you vote for erode to be gone its because you cant ride or adapt to a more realistic track deformation. The whole point here is that Chris cant get people to show up for testing to improve it for racing situations you are all currently bitching about. No offense but we should go back to where we starting so guys like Hunter and Tysen will show up and smoke everyone again? Erode is a much needed equalizer in this game and honestly its been nice to see people having to make changes from their normal setup to adapt to a track. The only reason i am still here is because JLV finally added erode online and worked his ass off to improve it as much as possible for us and for EMF/RF to implement into online racing. Now we have Chris doing just that and instead of anyone trying to help the problem they all want to bitch about it.

Think about it, Its kinda like thinking evolution off all things today. Every thing we see and or have today is because someone continued to work a problem to make it better instead of scraping it because people would rather complain then help give feedback. People are no leaving because of erode. they are leaving because the game needs a serious update. Its way outdated. And for the people that are leaving or not racing due to erode, Do you show up to a real track and after open practice say well fuck this track sucks its to rough for me?
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Bubba40 wrote:Here's a couple of things that i think that will help erode and bring more people into the game! If EMF/RF track crew build the track just like they use to be but for the race/qualifying they do erode but again on a small percent so the main line builds chop and not a taller berm/rut.
Starting with a rougher base is something to try for sure. It too would need testing with 40 riders to perfect the lower settings. I do know that with current settings bigger bumps get ruts through them instead of building up so it would need work for sure.

One issue I can think of with erode in general is visuals, chatter is very hard to see and causes frustration with people crashing on what looks to be smooth. I think that a graphics update like JLV was planning is a HUGE piece to the puzzle which is 100% needed to make things work properly. Stutters wouldn't be a bad thing if you could see them. People would start switching lines earlier if they could actually see how treacherous the lines were without crashing first. :lol:

Going back to the original issue, regardless of how erode is used, there needs to be racer participation in test races to have accurate settings. A 40 rider gate cannot be simulated to develop settings nor can settings be changed on the server to correct issues during a race. It needs to be finalized prior to track release.

Maybe having the ability to adjust tileinfo server side is something that could be added in the future.
Bubba40 wrote:Image
Ruts on the face of jumps are so sick and fun I don't know why we don't have more of these on erode tracks it helps a lot on the fun/challenge factor of the game!
We had ruts on jump faces at Muddy Creek, that was something Chris was working on implementing in recent erode tests...
Bubba40 wrote:Peter, that photo of Redbud was 2013 where it was perfect mix with skill , realistic and fun. I agree 2012 Redbud was little to much for sim.
My mistake, was hard to tell from the photo as they were very similar.

I agree, I enjoyed 2013 besides the object placement. However, just like 2012 lets not forget that Gio was chased away by the community for these tracks being challenging...

checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

While you may feel the current erode is not good, I don't believe you can say "erode is not good" because none of us know if erode is good or not. We may never know if erode "is good".

What do I mean? Erode and erode settings are still being developed. We don't know if erode is or isn't good because erode isn't done.

You have an argument to make if you want to say erode isn't ready for the premier racing series, but I'd argue that without it being used and developed there it would just continue to be a feature of the game that never gets touched.

You say erode is killing MXS, I say a stale game and shit community is killing MXS.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I know you're speaking to those who are saying erode is not good, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks that way.
checkerz wrote:While you may feel the current erode is not good
Ddavis wrote:but I've been honest after the races and admitted that I liked how it formed
but other than that I've enjoyed the progress made with erode.
team canada

Post by team canada »

I also think the ability to have the eroded track carry over from moto to moto would help solve a lot of problems. As it stands right now we're trying to go from a completely smooth track to a track that has multiple lines that also gets rough enough that you have to switch lines all within 30 minutes, which is what takes place throughout the whole day of racing at a real national. I understand that with the way the game works it's not very easy to make that happen but in my opinion it's something we really should have considering that the track getting rougher throughout the day is a crucial part of racing in real life.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Ddavis wrote:I know you're speaking to those who are saying erode is not good, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks that way.
checkerz wrote:While you may feel the current erode is not good
Ddavis wrote:but I've been honest after the races and admitted that I liked how it formed
but other than that I've enjoyed the progress made with erode.
How are you confusing his terminology? He clearly is using the word you to address a person. :lol:
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

I don't think erode is the only reason why this game is dying, I think its the biggest reason tho. The concept of erode is good but it just doesn't work now and no matter how hard you try and how many settings you can change, Its just not built to work the way we all want it to. I think erode took all the fun out of sim and instead of having some of the best tracks sim has to offer like we had 2-3 years ago for the nationals, we have flat tracks that I haven't played since it came out because they just aren't fun to play.

As to why I (And maybe other people) don't show up for the erode testing is it just isn't fun. There are tracks where I can play multiple 30 min motos on without even realizing it but the nationals now I get 10 minutes in and I'm over it because 6 of those minutes are riding a flat track and the last 3 minutes I'm in the race the track is too rough to ride already.
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Brad_Smith wrote:I Agree with Hunter 110%..

Erode is killing the game whether we like it or not.. I know to alot of you its just "Another shit opinion" but its the truth. I Like what Jlv says in regards to getting rid of erode and having the game back the way it should be.. the sim everyone enjoyed and not split the community up and make everyone argue because of a feature that JLV has added.. #SAVESIM
02RR02 wrote:
Ddavis wrote: Take a lot of shit on this game for granted
^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
This sums up the MXS community and the community is the one killing it selves. Not erode.
Robin hit the nail on the head. Although I am sure he doesn't agree with the point I am about to make, but it stems off of what he stated. I feel like racing has put this game in a decline. I wouldn't say RF because they were just the one's to facilitate the racing aspect, and let's face it this game is a dirt bike racing simulator so of course racing should be at the forefront. However, now everyone is so wrapped up in teams, racing, stats etc etc basically the politics of the community. I don't view this community as fun as it once was, maybe that's because most of us have gone on to focus on the real world more, and grow up so to speak ( I don't mean that in a bad way ). Racing has split everyone up, built cliques, and is just pure nastiness in my opinion. This game needs more fun, and less seriousness if it wants to make a return at being big again. Big as in back in the vmg days, every video uploaded regardless of the game uploaded people used to always mention mxs. Now, no one seems to care and arcade style games is on the uprise.
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Haberfield24 »

MXJProductions wrote:Robin hit the nail on the head. Although I am sure he doesn't agree with the point I am about to make, but it stems off of what he stated. I feel like racing has put this game in a decline. I wouldn't say RF because they were just the one's to facilitate the racing aspect, and let's face it this game is a dirt bike racing simulator so of course racing should be at the forefront. However, now everyone is so wrapped up in teams, racing, stats etc etc basically the politics of the community. I don't view this community as fun as it once was, maybe that's because most of us have gone on to focus on the real world more, and grow up so to speak ( I don't mean that in a bad way ). Racing has split everyone up, built cliques, and is just pure nastiness in my opinion. This game needs more fun, and less seriousness if it wants to make a return at being big again. Big as in back in the vmg days, every video uploaded regardless of the game uploaded people used to always mention mxs. Now, no one seems to care and arcade style games is on the uprise.
That's what many people are trying to say about having fun? You can't go on the pro national replicas and have fun on your own because they're completely flat. I don't even have 10 friends to play with to make the erode create lines let alone 10 friends actively online in an evening to do it. Same goes for qualifying. I enjoyed racing the NA series and didn't really mind staying up to race when daylight is rising. But i don't want to be qualifying at that time two days before. I'd rather do it when i have some free. But when i have free time nobody is on so the track is completely flat, dudes that are a similar speed are running 5 seconds a lap quicker because they've got perfect cupped out ruts because its peak qualifying stuff which blows.

I don't agree with this: "everyone is so wrapped up in teams, racing, stats etc etc basically the politics of the community."

I think the game wouldn't be half as fun if it wasn't for teams, racing and stats. When i first got into the game in 2012 nothing was more appealing to me then being on a team with my buddies. Matching gear & bikes trying to make shitty edits, screenshots and skins all night long. That's what got me so hooked. Being able to manage a team without a few million in my bank account.