Classic Stability Vs Cornering Moto talk

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Classic Stability Vs Cornering Moto talk

Post by Finalmushroom »

Hey dudes,

So I'm curious what you guys prefer and are there some settings where I can find a good middle ground (Specifically speaking advanced here and I know suspension effects this too but I've already moved the forks in the triple clamps :mrgreen: )

But what are some suggestions for your vertical/forward spring and rider mass (I think most dudes run .48).
I run a lower mass (.40 - .43) which I feel gives me better cornering feel (IMO) but I sacrifice stability down the straights. I'll start getting kicked and I can tell I can't leverage the bike as well when running a lower mass as to when I increase it.

Can I combat this by running a .48 mass with a lower leveling and maybe some other decreased dampening settings?

Thinking about this as far as physics goes I would think that as the riders weight increases (Higher rider mass setting) it wouldn't matter if I allowed the rider to lean over faster or slower the feeling (Top heavy to me) would be the same. I could just lean over quicker which could help my case but I'm looking for a specific feel.

I'm weird but anyways what are you guys thoughts on this?

P.S. I'm not looking for a pro set up nor want to buy one. I'm just having fun learning and playing with the different in game settings and trying to learn the game slowly as I'm a busy guy!

-Jake
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Classic Stability Vs Cornering Moto talk

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I'm pretty sure that the lowest number means he's as far forward on the bike as possible. The higher number means he's farther back.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I'm pretty sure that the lowest number means he's as far forward on the bike as possible. The higher number means he's farther back.
In regards to rider mass its up and down not forwards and back, .50 means all the weights in his head and .33 means its all in his ass
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

I suggest copping heckman's setup. Possibly learn from it.

James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

CeeJayHDz wrote: .50 means all the weights in his head and .33 means its all in his ass
So .33 is Steve Matthes and .5 is Shack? Thanks! Always thought is was forward and back.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

808 wrote:I suggest copping heckman's setup. Possibly learn from it.

I'll have to check this out. I don't like making huge changes to my advanced since its a huge change and I feel like it makes me worse until I get used to it I guess. lol.