The 1:1 Scale Tracks?!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
rickles2k
Team: Privateer

The 1:1 Scale Tracks?!

Post by rickles2k »

So I recently got back into Mx Sim (Played since 2011-12) I'm going to get back into the racing side of things with EMF. But i was scrolling through some of the tracks over at the TM Factory Racing site and saw a Anaheim 1 Replica 1:1 scale, downloaded it and literally fell in love with the whole idea. Now, is that something that would possibly come to the EMF series? Like all Motocross and Supercross tracks will be 1:1? I feel like the whole feel and racing would be different. Its literally the closest to real life. What do you guys think about it? Just curious.
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Re: The 1:1 Scale Tracks?!

Post by sethypeety »

Honestly, I love the idea of 1:1 tracks, I have only built one track that wasn't to this scale that I can think of. people tend to shy away from the the smaller tracks though, they are a bit more narrow and easy to hit massive lines on if not built correctly on the other end of the spectrum, they can be extremely hard to ride on for people that are just starting to get into the game because of how small they can be. I would love if the pro racing went to 1:1 or if more track creators built tracks to this scale, but I just don't see it happening any time soon.
rickles2k

Post by rickles2k »

I think the idea would be great, i mean its literally as real as it gets, the anaheim 1 replica 1:1 was outstanding in my opinion!
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

rickles2k wrote:I think the idea would be great, i mean its literally as real as it gets, the anaheim 1 replica 1:1 was outstanding in my opinion!
They would have to slow the bikes down IMO to do this. The 450 is so much faster in game than IRL.
I can run -2, 2 (Which is 11 front sprocket, 51 rear) and still hit 150 ft jumps in like 3rd gear. lol.

Most 450's are stock gearing is about 13/49 and you'd hit a jump that big in about 4th.

This would have to be changed since as you state people could currently jump a 1:1 section in two jumps. lol.
rickles2k

Post by rickles2k »

Finalmushroom wrote:
rickles2k wrote:I think the idea would be great, i mean its literally as real as it gets, the anaheim 1 replica 1:1 was outstanding in my opinion!
They would have to slow the bikes down IMO to do this. The 450 is so much faster in game than IRL.
I can run -2, 2 (Which is 11 front sprocket, 51 rear) and still hit 150 ft jumps in like 3rd gear. lol.

Most 450's are stock gearing is about 13/49 and you'd hit a jump that big in about 4th.

This would have to be changed since as you state people could currently jump a 1:1 section in two jumps. lol.
Now that you put it that way it makes way more sense. I love the 1:1 feel, maybe the game needs a complete change who knows. mx sim will always be the best tho
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

rickles2k wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

Now that you put it that way it makes way more sense. I love the 1:1 feel, maybe the game needs a complete change who knows. mx sim will always be the best tho
I agree it is. But change for the better is what keeps us going.