Thoughts on this front end traction?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Thoughts on this front end traction?

Post by Finalmushroom »

What's good guys.

Anyone else think it's funny when you miss a rut and ya damn front end slides like we're in the damn 2018 winter Olympics??

Shits dumb as hell but funny too.

I still think the traction model is flawed I don't care what you guys say. :mrgreen:

-Jake
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Thoughts on this front end traction?

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It is especially bad when you get on the outside slope of a berm, then it's goodnight Charlie. That's to be expected. If you can anticipate it, let off and tap rear brake to load the front.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TiddyG

Post by TiddyG »

If the rut was a little deeper I'd say that's pretty realistic, but yeah on a rut that small i see where you're coming from. It still wasn't too bad though considering your front end didn't just give way completely
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

TiddyG wrote:If the rut was a little deeper I'd say that's pretty realistic, but yeah on a rut that small i see where you're coming from. It still wasn't too bad though considering your front end didn't just give way completely
When in the real world do you slide 10 feet with your front wheel turned to the side like that? Maybe down a really steep hill on some sand but you eventually will fall over. This is like a skating rink.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

To me it looks like you missed the main line and ended up on the rearside of a rut, which in this game is deadly for people who use front wheels. This happens to everybody it's just something you gotta learn how to counter
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
TeamHavocRacing

^This^ Rear end steering is the zone to be in. I can do some of it on stock tracks like Alcrest.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

I feel like it started happening after the snapshot that enabled us to drag bars better about a year or two ago. I don't really remember sliding this much in the past 4 or 5 years ago, but maybe I wasn't fast enough lol.
I did this earlier when my front end washed out...
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

To me it feels like (especially on the 250s) the back end is literally weightless. You'll be going down a perfectly straight line and start applying pressure to the front brake and your back end just starts leaving. Even more so on outdoor tracks, like you're back tire is straight off a crotch rocket
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

LKR47 wrote:I feel like it started happening after the snapshot that enabled us to drag bars better about a year or two ago. I don't really remember sliding this much in the past 4 or 5 years ago, but maybe I wasn't fast enough lol.
I did this earlier when my front end washed out...
Lol. This shows another flaw to the games physics. You were turning and because you lost traction and were beginning to lean the games "Spectrum" like turning system made you spin. I do 360's all the time in a burm like TF?? lol.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

808 wrote:To me it looks like you missed the main line and ended up on the rearside of a rut, which in this game is deadly for people who use front wheels. This happens to everybody it's just something you gotta learn how to counter
I did miss the rut but if you miss the rut IRL you straighten out, get cross rutted, and then get out of the rut and into the next outside rut and go about your day. This game you slide 15 ft and don't have the opportunity to grab the next rut because you're too busy on ice.

Just because it happens to everyone doesn't mean that it's not broken. You feel me? I understand that I can get better which would help my case but doesn't mean it's not flawed!

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:^This^ Rear end steering is the zone to be in. I can do some of it on stock tracks like Alcrest.

I've been trying to get my advanced back to where I can rear end steer. I've been adding more sag which is helping. It's just finding the balance because as you add the ability to rear end steer you loose the ability to point and shoot into corners like you do with a front end steering set up. I like a good balance

Rear end steering in this game is kind of wack too due to the lack of traction. You slide a lot more in game than someone would IRL when you try to accelerate out of a slide when exiting a corner. Unless you have the over powered 450 of course. :roll:

-Jake
TeamHavocRacing

Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Image
lol.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Image
What setting would you recommend if I'm trying to get the bike to sag more. I decreased the shock preload which should give me more sag but then gives me more range of motion for that shock to operate. Should I increase my compression to help stiffen it up and make it less springy?

Thoughts?
TeamHavocRacing

Mind you this was on the stock track Ekswanbee, so it's slick as. I wouldn't have any helpful setup tips for sliding. Maybe Phathry25 since he was a real flattracker.