KTM's suck?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
rickles2k
Team: Privateer

KTM's suck?

Post by rickles2k »

Anyone else have absolute bullshit problems with ktms? Tell me your experience with them! All years as well, not just new!
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Re: KTM's suck?

Post by sethypeety »

I have 2017 factory edition, it works really good and is all around a great bike but I also have lots of very little problems. the only bike I have ever had other than a ktm was my 2015 crf250, it also was a great bike and it didn't have nearly as many little problems, but every once and a while I would have huge fatal problems with it (like when my bottom end came apart and put three holes in my cases) that I haven't had with the ktm(yet). BUT, I have had the starting problems, the cam tension-er issues, I have flat spots in my stock wheelsthanks horn rappidsand just a bunch of really small but annoying problems. I don't think ktm's(or any bike for that matter) really suck, but they do need to get the little usues they have had for the last few years fixed.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

This is why yamis are the best :wink:
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

rickles2k wrote:Anyone else have absolute bullshit problems with ktms? Tell me your experience with them! All years as well, not just new!
I like how they have hydro clutches. On my older CR I have to adjust the cable just about every ride since the clutch heats up and expands (I ride a 2 stroke and I'm hard on my clutches) but this fact itself really is appealing. It self adjusts which is amazing.

They are the most powerful in their classes, have electric start, are the lightest, and are always coming out with new models. The new models can be a bad thing however, because they won't have as many parts in the future and they tend to move on with their models quickly.

One thing about KTM's that I really like is their 2 stroke technology. They added their springs that adjust the valve to affect how the power comes on which IMO is great. You can mellow it out and get traction all day with a 2 stroke which if you've ever ridden one traction is a struggle.

Another point is as of 2017 their 2 stokes don't vibrate as much due to a counter balance in their motor. I really think you can get a 2017 250 Sx or 125 SX and be quick on one for a lot less than a newer 4 stroke.

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

808 wrote:This is why yamis are the best :wink:
I think they are great but it's all up to what the rider wants as far as how the bike feels. The yamaha is a tall ass bike. lol.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

I have had most brands of several different years, they all have some small tiny flaws. Immaculate maintenance is the best fix.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Finalmushroom wrote:
I think they are great but it's all up to what the rider wants as far as how the bike feels. The yamaha is a tall ass bike. lol.
Well what I meant was they are the most reliable.

still the best bikes anyways tho
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

ive had a lot of problems with 4 stroke race bikes as is. they make them as light as possible to try and get as much performace out of it as possible and im always having problems. thats why im going electric :D

right now i have a 2009 yz250f and its been nonstop problems. every time i get to the track i dont know if it will start or not. hyped to get an alta
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
rickles2k

Post by rickles2k »

Finalmushroom wrote:
rickles2k wrote:Anyone else have absolute bullshit problems with ktms? Tell me your experience with them! All years as well, not just new!
I like how they have hydro clutches. On my older CR I have to adjust the cable just about every ride since the clutch heats up and expands (I ride a 2 stroke and I'm hard on my clutches) but this fact itself really is appealing. It self adjusts which is amazing.

They are the most powerful in their classes, have electric start, are the lightest, and are always coming out with new models. The new models can be a bad thing however, because they won't have as many parts in the future and they tend to move on with their models quickly.

One thing about KTM's that I really like is their 2 stroke technology. They added their springs that adjust the valve to affect how the power comes on which IMO is great. You can mellow it out and get traction all day with a 2 stroke which if you've ever ridden one traction is a struggle.

Another point is as of 2017 their 2 stokes don't vibrate as much due to a counter balance in their motor. I really think you can get a 2017 250 Sx or 125 SX and be quick on one for a lot less than a newer 4 stroke.

-Jake
Jake i have a 08 125sx all done up, bought it used last month went through it and the back part of my engine case cracked where the swing arm bolt goes in....my 08 250sxf had an issue with the timing chain tensioner as someone said above. It dint cut the slack, and literally everything slipped and my valves snapped and seized the motor... even the kick start hits the foot peg and gets dented up, so many issues for such "high quality" bikes. I mean if you pay almost 10k on a brand new bike shouldnt it be all debugged... they are focused on alot of wrong things, like how to make things lighter. no wonder the shit breaks easily
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

rickles2k wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

-Jake
Jake i have a 08 125sx all done up, bought it used last month went through it and the back part of my engine case cracked where the swing arm bolt goes in....my 08 250sxf had an issue with the timing chain tensioner as someone said above. It dint cut the slack, and literally everything slipped and my valves snapped and seized the motor... even the kick start hits the foot peg and gets dented up, so many issues for such "high quality" bikes. I mean if you pay almost 10k on a brand new bike shouldnt it be all debugged... they are focused on alot of wrong things, like how to make things lighter. no wonder the shit breaks easily
I feel you on that. I really think it depends on the person and really the bike and your luck. My buddy as had his 07 KTM since it was new and it's still going. I've had great luck with my CR while others hate it. It's why if you can I'd recommend getting a new bike and keeping it forever. lol.

You'll know what was done to it then.

Personally, I love Honda's and Yamaha's. I think they both make great stuff.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

ktm57 wrote:thats bait
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

Finalmushroom wrote:
What yamahas have you ridden? The new 250 and 450 are waaaay lower than the KTM's. Coming from someone who recently switched from a 17 KTM 450 to a 18 Yamaha 450.

ONT: Sold my 17 KTM 450 with over 200 hours, no mechanical issues but a few eletrical that did my head in at times.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Lynch wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
What yamahas have you ridden? The new 250 and 450 are waaaay lower than the KTM's. Coming from someone who recently switched from a 17 KTM 450 to a 18 Yamaha 450.

ONT: Sold my 17 KTM 450 with over 200 hours, no mechanical issues but a few eletrical that did my head in at times.
A 08 YZ450F, YZ450f, and a 18 YZ250f.
I've only ridden a couple new KTM's so I'm not too well versed but the Yamaha's I've ridden felt tall. I don't mind but shorter guys seem to dislike them. Not sure. I like them!
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

One thing with my yzf (2015 yz250f) is how damn wide it is. Rode my buddies 2015 fc450 the other day and it felt like i was riding a bmx bike compared to mine. Also I too feel like the yamis sit way higher
MX|VISUALS

Post by MX|VISUALS »

all about the maintenance, raced them since 09, never had an issue besides mechanics error