white track

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
keithm18
Team: Privateer

white track

Post by keithm18 »

alot of the tracks i download are white does anyone know why this is happening
Tommy black
Team: RideLife

Re: white track

Post by Tommy black »

keithm18 wrote:alot of the tracks i download are white does anyone know why this is happening
dont have the track objects that they used dont worry its not on you.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

If the tracks you extract are in a subfolder, that will yield this result. Like if you use the option "extract to mynewtrack" instead of "extract here", then you'll end up with mynewtrack/mynewtrack/-files- which breaks the file references. Or if you have it like:

Code: Select all

Mx Simulator/2018 tracks downloaded/2018unadilla.saf
that will also break your references.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, saf files have the complete pathnames inside so the references will still work if the saf file is in a different folder. It will change the load order though. E.g. "a/z.saf" will take priority over "b.saf".

Tracks that aren't saf files will break if you change their directory structure.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:Actually, saf files have the complete pathnames inside so the references will still work if the saf file is in a different folder. It will change the load order though. E.g. "a/z.saf" will take priority over "b.saf".

Tracks that aren't saf files will break if you change their directory structure.
So saf's can be anywhere? It'll "strip it's parent folder by itself", for putting it simply? Or adding the parent folder.

However if I make a track and have @mytrack/statues/trees.saf where it has tree.png .jm and and .shp in it. How would I reference that correctly? Never figured that out really.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If "trees.saf" has "tree.png" in it you'd reference it as "@tree.png". Doesn't matter where "trees.saf" is located.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:If "trees.saf" has "tree.png" in it you'd reference it as "@tree.png". Doesn't matter where "trees.saf" is located.
Guess this is why it never works for me.... Thanks!
keithm18
Team: Privateer

Post by keithm18 »

so what do i do to solve this
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Make sure the track isn't in a subfolder like Wahlamt said. What I said about .saf files doesn't apply to tracks that are just a zipped folder. For those the pathname has to be correct.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com