HOW TO CHANGE SERVER NAME?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
simonsonter
Team: Privateer

HOW TO CHANGE SERVER NAME?

Post by simonsonter »

Hi!
I made an online server yesterday and I wonder how I name it. Most servers I play in is named like "jdbdvej.mxsim.com:19637" but my server name is my ip. What if I want it to be like "sonter.mxsim.fr:19801"?
Help.....
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: HOW TO CHANGE SERVER NAME?

Post by Wahlamt »

You can have it to anything, but unless you own "simonsonter.com" for example, people won't be able to use "Click to connect", but having to still use your IP.

Either way since you asked, you set the server "name" on the same line as "--result-cmd".
simonsonter

Post by simonsonter »

You have to make me a video, dont understand yada
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

If you don't buy some "website" with a website name, you will have to stick with your IP. Me for example, I own storkenmxs.com, so I have it set that when someone connects to server.storkenmxs.com, they will end up in another place, where my server is. So you would need to buy "mymxsimsite.com" or something, if you want an address like that. The " .mxsim.fr" specifically is EMF rented servers, .flowtech.com is flowtech servers.
simonsonter

Post by simonsonter »

ahaa, now I get it. But if someone else wants to join my server, they have to type in my IP and my port that I did forward?
Like 192.168.1.1:19800 ?
Or do they just type in my IP?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you don't give the port number it defaults to 19800.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

simonsonter wrote:ahaa, now I get it. But if someone else wants to join my server, they have to type in my IP and my port that I did forward?
Like 192.168.1.1:19800 ?
Or do they just type in my IP?
Also 192.168.1.1 is a private IP, so unless you're on the same network you'll have to use your public IP. If you don't know what that is, go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and look up your "Public IPv4 address".