How MX Simulator Has Changed Lives...

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Team: CANVAS

How MX Simulator Has Changed Lives...

Post by 317 »

I've been really thinking lately, and out of boredom and wanting to share my thoughts I decided to write a small article. Many people in this small community do not realize the valuable skills that come out of putting your all into this game, and how it has changed lives for several if not many people. When I first purchased this game in early 2013, I had no idea the people I would meet and the things I would learn. Shortly after playing the game, I was teaching myself how to use Adobe products such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and Lightroom. Most people in the community don't realize how skilled some of the people that make content for this game actually are, and that's what I'm going to touch on in this article.

I'm going to start off talking about P2sta, and how legendary and insane his work is. He started doing renders for the MX Simulator community, for small donations. He is now changing the face of the Motocross industry with his renders for different companies such as Split Designs and other top name graphic companies. I don't know much about P2sta, but if I had to guess, he is most likely making a living off of doing these renders. The craziest part of it all.. he started right here on this game. Just how everyone goes into the Adobe products or Blender not knowing a single thing, and we all are self taught. Maybe some go to college or had previous experience, but from everyone I know, we all learned from eachother or Youtube. That's pretty rad.

The next person I want to talk about is one of my closest buddies, and a huge inspiration to most people within the design community. Jason Felkey has upped his game within the past couple years, and is continuing to gain extreme opportunities from this passion of making motocross graphics, logos, and apparel that he has. In 2010-2013, Felkey was just getting into graphic design, starting from drawing designs on paper to making motocross graphics on MX Simulator. He self taught himself to use Inkscape, and started making MX Simulator graphics for the game. After several years of building a strong portfolio of MX Simulator content, Felkey landed a job at what was BentleyGFX, a local motocross graphics business in Michigan. From there, he drastically improved his designing, and was able to make insanely unique designs that brought him to landing a job in Illinois at one of the busiest motocross graphics companies in the world, DeCal Works. Felkey went from MX Simulator graphics to a full time salary, all because of this creative community. Felkey is continuing to gain opportunities, and looks forward to getting even further into the motocross industry with brand name companies soon.

The point of this article isn't to just show what these two creators have done, it's to show how creative MX Simulator can bring people to be, and the opportunities that are right in front of us all. The skills that I see from the bike modelers, gear creators, track makers, video producers and more in this community are insane, and it blows me away how almost everyone that creates has learned everything on their own. I want to applaud everyone who creates in this community, as everyone has a unique skill set, and I hope people continue to chase their passions and creating rad content.

The biggest applaud I want to give is to JLV, for not only creating a beautiful game, but for creating careers. JLV, you are a badass.
ScrubDatMx
Team: Late Night Crew

Re: How MX Simulator Has Changed Lives...

Post by ScrubDatMx »

Will93
Team: Privateer

Post by Will93 »

Right in the feels :D
Jay

Post by Jay »

dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

Will93 wrote:Right in the feels :D
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
yan24
Team: Privateer

Post by yan24 »

:?: :?:
tommyz2121
Team: Eminet Co

Post by tommyz2121 »

when i started making edits in this game i was doing it just for fun soon after i got a camera and decided to do it for fun on the weekend just to film and edit now im running a media and clothing company named @eminetco if i didnt edit on sim probably never would have never done it in real life tbh :roll:
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

tommyz2121 wrote:when i started making edits in this game i was doing it just for fun soon after i got a camera and decided to do it for fun on the weekend just to film and edit now im running a media and clothing company named @eminetco if i didnt edit on sim probably never would have never done it in real life tbh :roll:
I’m about to start the same thing. Going to get into filming bmx and stuff for fun
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Sim has given me a few gray hairs and an absolute disgust for entitled teenagers and adults that act like teenagers. Definitely life changing.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

checkerz wrote:Sim has given me a few gray hairs and an absolute disgust for entitled teenagers and adults that act like teenagers. Definitely life changing.
:lol:
Team: CANVAS

Post by 317 »

checkerz wrote:Sim has given me a few gray hairs and an absolute disgust for entitled teenagers and adults that act like teenagers. Definitely life changing.
Haha! The community wouldn't be where it is without you though as well. You are also a badass. Thanks for everything you do.
Cumb694
Team: SCR

Post by Cumb694 »

bro I couldn't agree with you more
Max1633du16

Post by Max1633du16 »

Great article man !

"Same way" like Jason, start to make tracks in 2012 for Mxs (learn photoshop alone to create textures ect...), after started to make motocross graphics kits on mxs (learn ilustrator). Since two years thanks to my experience on Mxs, I created my own motocross graphics brand in France (Twelve design), and in january 2019 I find a job at Kenny racing (biggest motocross gear company and european too= without american brand) like graphic designer for custom gears (athlete jerseys) and collections.

I must certainly this evolution to MXS and JLV which made me unravel my creative sid! Thanks Thanks to this game and Jlv.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

When i saw the title i was like, oh cool, maybe i should post here too so people can see how my life changed due to MXS, and then i proceed to read your post and well now i don't need to, haha.

Thanks man!

I knew quite a lot about 3ds max and photoshop before mxs, but was doing architecture mostly. Thanks to MXS i focused on mx world and i knew there is a place for my work that could change the way people do mockups, just needed enough time and determination to basically go a year without proper income building my bike models that i would be able to use in future, hoping companies would eventually come to me. And with help of BGFX, RivalInk and PrimalX i now have more than 100 companies i did renders for up to date. I work with some big names lately doing renders for factory teams and top riders. Working with Canvas on gear for Travis Pastrana and tons of other pro athletes. Like you said, right now its my fulltime job!

All thanks to the fact i wanted to play an mx game i saw a video off on my friends pc back in 2009.

Thanks to everybody who supported me and to all that still do even tho i don't really do anything MXSim related anymore.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

p2sta wrote:When i saw the title i was like, oh cool, maybe i should post here too so people can see how my life changed due to MXS, and then i proceed to read your post and well now i don't need to, haha.

Thanks man!

I knew quite a lot about 3ds max and photoshop before mxs, but was doing architecture mostly. Thanks to MXS i focused on mx world and i knew there is a place for my work that could change the way people do mockups, just needed enough time and determination to basically go a year without proper income building my bike models that i would be able to use in future, hoping companies would eventually come to me. And with help of BGFX, RivalInk and PrimalX i now have more than 100 companies i did renders for up to date. I work with some big names lately doing renders for factory teams and top riders. Working with Canvas on gear for Travis Pastrana and tons of other pro athletes. Like you said, right now its my fulltime job!

All thanks to the fact i wanted to play an mx game i saw a video off on my friends pc back in 2009.

Thanks to everybody who supported me and to all that still do even tho i don't really do anything MXSim related anymore.
You're the standard of awesomeness. Just last week saw a render that I thought was IRL and then a popular modeler enlightened me. We were lucky to experience your talents.