Why do you not play/race on MX Sim anymore?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

Why do you not play Sim anymore?

Got bored of it
12%
The toxic community
21%
Did not like racing with Erode
36%
PC couldn't handle Erode
6%
Don't have time for it anymore
17%
Personal Reason
No votes
Other reasons (explain below)
8%

Total votes: 86

SMITH_119

Why do you not play/race on MX Sim anymore?

Post by SMITH_119 »

I thought this may be an interesting topic, not sure if there is already a topic about it... But for anyone that may not play the game anymore and you still browse the forum for the hell of it, what made you quit racing or playing the game all together?
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Re: Why do you not play/race on MX Sim anymore?

Post by dbaum25moto »

Dont have the time is why i quit competitive racing. I'd rather just chill with friends anyway tho so it works out.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

How do I vote more than once?
The community is pretty meh, but it never bothered me that much.
Don't like erode much, it's too pixelated on the height map.
I don't really have the time to commit to this game anymore, as most of you knew, I would half ass model stuff, take other peoples models, gear etc and tweak it (before private content days). My content wouldn't really get released because I'm lazy af and now the games at the stage where there is almost zero new content so if I want anything I have to make it from scratch and I REALLY don't have the patients or time for that.
Plus now I suck shit at the game.
Hi
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The only thing that would prevent me from continuing racing is if my PC isn't able to handle erode. I upgraded my graphics card and it didn't do anything for me FPS wise... I'll probably have to upgrade to an i7 before nationals.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Because I sucked, and Vanderlee was ashamed of my sexual orientation.
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

To start this off, I have been playing since late 2008 and wow has this game changed. I was never really active with racing and the community that this game has created until somewhere in 2015 but I have always watched and read the forums etc. I took a break from the game from 2013-2015 and when I came back, I would say that is the most active I have seen the community in a while. Back then I started hosting the Tier 1 Races and the Keystone stuff and that stuff used to be so full for each class without any hesitation. There were people still actively releasing gear, bikes, tracks and hosting lots of fun races. Well with that being said I think it all started to crash downhill starting around like 2016…. The community has slowly grown to be negative and a lot of content creators leaving due to either personal reasons or just tired of dealing with the people. So I take another break from the game and come back a couple weeks ago and don’t see much happening, so I say fuck it ill host another series, mine have always had good turn outs and maybe it will get some activity going on in here. That didn’t work as I thought it would, I haven’t even been able to fill two classes of 20 gates…. I don’t understand why 75+ people signup and run times but don’t even race. Not only has the racing scene sort of died down, but there is a major lack in content. There are probably 2-3 people making gear, one who has now made his stuff private. Jeremy seems to be the only one left modeling bikes, and track creators have dimmed down quite a bit as well.
I am not sure what has slowly killed the community whether it be the community, erode racing, or people just getting older and bored of it. I still love the game and I don’t think any other mx game will ever take over the passion this game creates. I would like to see things get a bit more active, but I am not sure what can save it. I’d like to see some things other people say about this topic.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Ddavis wrote:The only thing that would prevent me from continuing racing is if my PC isn't able to handle erode. I upgraded my graphics card and it didn't do anything for me FPS wise... I'll probably have to upgrade to an i7 before nationals.
This game is definitely CPU demanding for sure but a i5 would still work aswell. You just need to buy a CPU that has a strong single core strength since the game only can use one core. I used a 15 2500k for years and it was amazing. I am now using a 17 8700k and love it except its a very hot chip.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Yamaha285 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:The only thing that would prevent me from continuing racing is if my PC isn't able to handle erode. I upgraded my graphics card and it didn't do anything for me FPS wise... I'll probably have to upgrade to an i7 before nationals.
This game is definitely CPU demanding for sure but a i5 would still work aswell. You just need to buy a CPU that has a strong single core strength since the game only can use one core. I used a i5 2500k for years and it was amazing. I am now using a i7 8700k and love it except its a very hot chip.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Voted for "Don't have time" which is sort of true. I do as much as I can in the matter time allows. But working full time, having quite a drive to work, wife, dogs and a house definitely leaves far less time than high school did. Unfortunate in one way, but life progresses in another...
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Pro racing was the only reason I was playing the game, I would hop on do the sx races and then not touch it for most of the week. Now that erode came the racing isn't fun for me anymore.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

TBH along with what everyone else has said, the majority of the community has simply grown out of the game. New players are generally kids/ teens who are too lazy to grind the game to the point that its fun.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

im banned
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
JettWisdom

Post by JettWisdom »

Rush wrote:im banned
noob
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

That sounds like a you problem
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

AHeckman2 wrote:
That sounds like a you problem
sounds like i dont give a shit tbh, told myself all i wanted to do in this game is win a championship. I did that plus some, at this point id just race for fun sometimes since im going to club mx this year...
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink: