2019-01-01 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Re: 2019-01-01 snapshot

Post by aaronr5 »

jlv wrote: Nice! How did you discover the move_statue function? I guess it'd be easy to list the properties of "mx" but kudos for working out what the parameters do.
Yeah I just listed out the properties with a "for (key in mx)" loop and printed them out with mx.message. I had to guess on the parameters but it wasn't too hard I assumed it would just be the object index and the x,y,z values. Is there any way to set a track object to be at a consistent height instead of based on the terrain below it? as you can see the object jumps around based on the terrain height below it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

aaronr5 wrote:Yeah I just listed out the properties with a "for (key in mx)" loop and printed them out with mx.message. I had to guess on the parameters but it wasn't too hard I assumed it would just be the object index and the x,y,z values. Is there any way to set a track object to be at a consistent height instead of based on the terrain below it? as you can see the object jumps around based on the terrain height below it.
No good way right now. It's not ideal but you could make an object with one bone and move the bone instead of the object. I'll add a move call that isn't ground relative.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Would sounds be possible to add? I think ambient noises could add a nice touch to the game!
mxcowboy14
Team: SBFR

Post by mxcowboy14 »

AtlasZoor wrote:Would sounds be possible to add? I think ambient noises could add a nice touch to the game!
this could make it to where you really can hear tom hanks in the ocean
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Can we use gifs as textures? or do flames need to be a sequence for example.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Paulo#33
Team: Me and God

Post by Paulo#33 »

Jlv, any prevision for MXS support Light Shadows?
Hello i'm MotocrossPlays Channel
Check out and subscribe
http://youtube.com/user/pingo33
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

JLV I know you had discussed this before in a previous topic but I cannot remember the outcome. Is there any changes that can be made to keep people from timing out in organized races due to extended load times created by SCRAM files?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

AtlasZoor wrote:Would sounds be possible to add? I think ambient noises could add a nice touch to the game!
Yes, but first I want to do other stuff like make a script to export armatures/keyframes from Blender. Really looking forward to ditching the sprite flaggers.
AWood wrote:Can we use gifs as textures? or do flames need to be a sequence for example.
You can do animated flames with the current seq files. What the script will do is let you control the timing so you can run the animation at the appropriate time.

You wouldn't want to use GIF because it doesn't support alpha. The transparency is all or nothing.
Paulo#33 wrote:Jlv, any prevision for MXS support Light Shadows?
Sorry, no shadow buffers yet.
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:JLV I know you had discussed this before in a previous topic but I cannot remember the outcome. Is there any changes that can be made to keep people from timing out in organized races due to extended load times created by SCRAM files?
Using smaller files will help. I bet most people would prefer lower res skins for other people's bikes. Or just don't use scram files. I could make a faster/weaker file scrambling algorithm. Not sure if it'd be worth the time though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

You're an evil one for no documentation, but it makes you learn. Was able to create an armature which I've never done before, on a cube and figure out how to animate it using your script. A few questions for a noob as I am new to both the armature setups and javascript.

Either I setup the same exact bone structure in blender as you by luck, or the placement doesn't matter. With your same pose rotations duplicated the cube moves exactly the same as yours. Does the position of the bones in the armature matter or is that overwritten by the center and position values in the pose_statue function?

Where does the count of 6 come from? I have 2 actual bones on the armature, and 8 vertices. I was able to add 2 more for 8 (just adding to count and center lines) adding more lines to bone_rotations as well but saw no effect. I'm guessing each line in bone_rotations is x,y,z for each bone. I did play with the values for positions, centers, and rotations but am having a hard time telling where each correlates to on the model.

Thanks for the new content addition! I'm sure people will soon figure out cool things to do with it. As a total noob to javascript I can imagine what aaron did to find the functions, but I'll have to research syntax and see if I can figure it out.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:You're an evil one for no documentation, but it makes you learn. Was able to create an armature which I've never done before, on a cube and figure out how to animate it using your script. A few questions for a noob as I am new to both the armature setups and javascript.
Going to make some documentation but I need to hurry if I want to get 1.13 done before the supercross seasons starts!
yzmxer608 wrote:Either I setup the same exact bone structure in blender as you by luck, or the placement doesn't matter. With your same pose rotations duplicated the cube moves exactly the same as yours. Does the position of the bones in the armature matter or is that overwritten by the center and position values in the pose_statue function?
https://i.gyazo.com/4b800118a3b0951ad38 ... 016d57.png
You did come up with the same bone structure I had. The placement does matter but since the script only rotates around the Y axis it doesn't matter if the bones have different positions along Y. For each vertex in the affected mesh, the bone shader subtracts the center from the vertex, applies the rotation and adds the position to get the final location for the vertex. It does that for each bone and the final position is the weighted average according to the bone weights in the mesh.
yzmxer608 wrote:Where does the count of 6 come from? I have 2 actual bones on the armature, and 8 vertices. I was able to add 2 more for 8 (just adding to count and center lines) adding more lines to bone_rotations as well but saw no effect. I'm guessing each line in bone_rotations is x,y,z for each bone. I did play with the values for positions, centers, and rotations but am having a hard time telling where each correlates to on the model.
If you mean bone_centers and bone_postions, the count of 6 is the x, y and z coords for the 2 bones. bone_rotations is a 3x3 matrix for each of the 2 bones.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Thank you! I'm guessing it's x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2 for centers and positions, and 111,222 going down in the matrix?

BTW, you can answer later if you want post #13,000 to be something special :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Just quickly - what is the format for mx.move_statue?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I knew scripting would bring you back!
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

DJ99X wrote:Just quickly - what is the format for mx.move_statue?
The parameters seem to be like this "mx.move_statue(statue_index, x, y, z, rotation)" where statue_index is the index of the statue you want to move in the statues file and x, y, z are the location you want to move the statue to.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

statue_index is zero based, just a fyi for everyone else.