2019-01-01 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2019-01-01 snapshot

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:Thank you! I'm guessing it's x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2 for centers and positions, and 111,222 going down in the matrix?

BTW, you can answer later if you want post #13,000 to be something special :lol:.
Yes, the first 3 are the coords for bone 0, next 3 are for bone 1 etc. I believe the matrix is transposed so the columns are actually 012, 345, 678 instead of 036 etc. I'd have to double check to be sure. I usually just go for an even number of sign errors and rotation matrix transpose errors.

I'll save 13,000 for the return of DJ...
DJ99X wrote:Just quickly - what is the format for mx.move_statue?
Like this:
mx.move_statue(statue_index, x, y, z, angle);
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Watch out, he's a comin'!

Any reason why this can't work with collisions? Is it a bit more complex to move the collision with it?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

DJ99X wrote:Watch out, he's a comin'!

Any reason why this can't work with collisions? Is it a bit more complex to move the collision with it?
That's pretty good considering you hand coded it so fast! I hope it isn't too hard to do natural looking movement in Blender.

I didn't allow moving statues with collisions because it would take some special care by the script to avoid making the different clients' tracks evolve differently. Also, the "frills.js" script isn't added to the track checksum so it can't be allowed to make changes that would give an advantage. I figure I'll add a "required.js" script that's part of the checksum after a while that can change the physical track. But that script will definitely need to be written with special consideration to network issues.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I keep forgetting to ask this - what do you guys think the bone limit should be? It's 16 right now and I'm not sure that's enough. I don't want to be wasteful but I don't want to run out either.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

If the rider has 9 currently, I think 16 might be too low (just using a human figure as an example). Maybe 32? I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier if you can make it use keyframes from blender. I guess I don't know how much processing power it takes per bone.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Yeah, I think 16 is low but 32 might be overkill. Probably doesn't waste too much space but I wonder if anything would really use that much.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

jlv wrote: That's pretty good considering you hand coded it so fast! I hope it isn't too hard to do natural looking movement in Blender.

I didn't allow moving statues with collisions because it would take some special care by the script to avoid making the different clients' tracks evolve differently. Also, the "frills.js" script isn't added to the track checksum so it can't be allowed to make changes that would give an advantage. I figure I'll add a "required.js" script that's part of the checksum after a while that can change the physical track. But that script will definitely need to be written with special consideration to network issues.
Eh, they are pretty dodgy movements. The arms just follow the same sinusoidal rotation as your cube, and the lower legs follow a sinusoidal position shift. I started experimenting with more complex movements, but I need to work out how the bones interact with one another, and what the angular matrix actually represents, as some of the numbers I put in did not respond the way I expected.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Post by Smidly »

jlv wrote:Yeah, I think 16 is low but 32 might be overkill. Probably doesn't waste too much space but I wonder if anything would really use that much.
Might as well go overkill incase someone needs it. Unless it like, breaks something to have too many.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Smidly »

DJ99X wrote:Watch out, he's a comin'!

AW LAWD, HE COMIN'!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

DJ99X wrote:Eh, they are pretty dodgy movements. The arms just follow the same sinusoidal rotation as your cube, and the lower legs follow a sinusoidal position shift. I started experimenting with more complex movements, but I need to work out how the bones interact with one another, and what the angular matrix actually represents, as some of the numbers I put in did not respond the way I expected.
If the rotation is backwards transpose it. If it's rotating around the wrong point you have the centers in the wrong spot.
Smidly wrote:
jlv wrote:Yeah, I think 16 is low but 32 might be overkill. Probably doesn't waste too much space but I wonder if anything would really use that much.
Might as well go overkill incase someone needs it. Unless it like, breaks something to have too many.
Looks like the "basic human" meta rig in Blender is 28 bones, so 32 might be low if anything. I just don't want to set it too high and find out there's a low end GPU that can't handle that many uniform variables. I think I'll probably go with 32.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I managed to get a list of all the keys out. A couple of suggestions for your next round of additions:

Move billboard - I think this would be handy for animating a few things like dust, rain etc. Include a transparency factor
Play Sound - Play a sound, location based, % volume
Rider Wheel Spin (velocity) - Do things like play sound based on acceleration spin or braking sliding
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Smidly »

DJ99X wrote:I managed to get a list of all the keys out. A couple of suggestions for your next round of additions:

Move billboard - I think this would be handy for animating a few things like dust, rain etc. Include a transparency factor
Play Sound - Play a sound, location based, % volume
Rider Wheel Spin (velocity) - Do things like play sound based on acceleration spin or braking sliding
These would be pretty tight.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

Would a “scripted sound” include chattering of the chain when breaking? You can hear it more so on a 2stroke? But thats something Ive always wanted lol petty right?
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
K-Xtreme
Team: Privateer

Post by K-Xtreme »

Will the game be optimized a little ( for GPU ) because I think that 50% usage of my GPU is not really optimized. I could easily run ultra tracks at 144FPS but I can't run it steady because of this...

And a suggestion: I play Iracing the car simulator and If you look at the dirt track racing, the dirt actually moves. like roost get thrown and lay on the grown and stays there until someone passes there and make it move to an other place. I think it could help the erode function to create nice deep ruts that look like MX ruts.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

There is literally no way you can run ultra tracks at 144fps. It’s impossible.

The dirt does move and build up already.