Ams and qualifying

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
TylerMac119
Team: AirDawg's MxDawgs

Ams and qualifying

Post by TylerMac119 »

I am an Am trying to qualify for races this sx season and have noticed that a lot of the fastest ams are able to out qualify the pros. I believe that if you're fast enough to be pro then that's the class you should race and not have to whoop up on us ams that are trying to battle with other actual ams. I know a simple solution is to just practice or to get over it but I'm just here to point it out. Please don't hate on this too much cause I'm bad or whatever but I had to bring this up.
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
dawsonsleeper

Re: Ams and qualifying

Post by dawsonsleeper »

1 fast lap doesnt mean you can go pro. anyone can run a heater.
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

The pros only get 1 hour to qualify, ams get like 4 days, also some pros shouldn't be pro, and some ams shouldn't be ams. Just how it is.

IRL some of the amateurs are way faster than most pros before they go pro, just part of the sport
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
TylerMac119
Team: AirDawg's MxDawgs

Post by TylerMac119 »

The pros only get 1 hour to qualify, ams get like 4 days
Is it possible ams could get the same format for the am races?
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

TylerMac119 wrote:
The pros only get 1 hour to qualify, ams get like 4 days
Is it possible ams could get the same format for the am races?
no
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

808 wrote:The pros only get 1 hour to qualify, ams get like 4 days, also some pros shouldn't be pro, and some ams shouldn't be ams. Just how it is.

IRL some of the amateurs are way faster than most pros before they go pro, just part of the sport
Agreed! MX needs to come up with a class system similar to BMX racing. I grew up racing BMX and once you have so many wins you're forced to move up. You can't sit in 250C class going as fast as the 250A class kids. lol.

-Jake
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Finalmushroom wrote:
808 wrote:The pros only get 1 hour to qualify, ams get like 4 days, also some pros shouldn't be pro, and some ams shouldn't be ams. Just how it is.

Agreed! MX needs to come up with a class system similar to BMX racing. I grew up racing BMX and once you have so many wins you're forced to move up. You can't sit in 250C class going as fast as the 250A class kids. lol.

-Jake
That's how it is also in moto though. But its not as well enforced locally. your always going to have sand baggers no matter what sport.
Insid1ouZ

Post by Insid1ouZ »

One way they could do it would be to cut off AMs qualifying something like 24 hours after qualifying opens only giving poeple one day to qualify. that way you wont have people tryharding for 4 days to get a good time. they can still do it for the race but this gives slower but consistent players a better chance of getting in while hotlap heroes who crash 99/100 laps don't have 4 days to run that 1 magic lap that gets them in.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

AtlasZoor wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

-Jake
That's how it is in moto though, not BMX. But its not as well enforced locally. You're always going to have sand baggers no matter what sport.
Not from my experience. It goes like this in most local races. Official: "What's your class sir?" Me: "250C"
They don't even care man unless they know you personally and know you're a fast rider but you can race in another state and no one will know you.

Last summer I raced a kid in 450C and later saw him racing his 450 in the 250C class. He was running the same 450 in the 250C and 450C class and no one said shit. lol. It's a joke at most local spots.

But with BMX all of the races you have to utilize USA BMX's (The racing organization) system and you have to log into their system to run races and log in race results. It's all systematic and controlled. Most MX organizations are private unless you're racing at Loretta's for an area qualifier and therefore they utilize their own system and have their own rules and rule books. There needs to be a professional organization (Shit AMA should run it) that all private organizations have to report to just like in BMX. Sand baggers will still pull seconds instead of wins to not move up but fuck em.

-Jake
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Finalmushroom wrote:Not from my experience. It goes like this in most local races. Official: "What's your class sir?" Me: "250C"
They don't even care man unless they know you personally and know you're a fast rider but you can race in another state and no one will know you.

Last summer I raced a kid in 450C and later saw him racing his 450 in the 250C class. He was running the same 450 in the 250C and 450C class and no one said shit. lol. It's a joke at most local spots.

But with BMX all of the races you have to utilize USA BMX's (The racing organization) system and you have to log into their system to run races and log in race results. It's all systematic and controlled. Most MX organizations are private unless you're racing at Loretta's for an area qualifier and therefore they utilize their own system and have their own rules and rule books. There needs to be a professional organization (Shit AMA should run it) that all private organizations have to report to just like in BMX. Sand baggers will still pull seconds instead of wins to not move up but fuck em.

-Jake
Like I said, its not well enforced locally and I agree the system should be better.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

AtlasZoor wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:Not from my experience. It goes like this in most local races. Official: "What's your class sir?" Me: "250C"

-Jake
Like I said, its not well enforced locally and I agree the system should be better.
Agreed. I think Sim should enforce classes more. Often what happens is AM's who don't qualify for AM's run in the Novice class. It's BS. They need to give one license and leave it all season. We saw this last year when some 250 riders (Rush) run the 450 class after he wrapped up the championship. This can happen IRL (Hill and Creg last SX season) but throws a wrench in the current points chase. lol.
shanebell

Post by shanebell »

I would be fine with a 24 hour qualifying session or something similar.
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.