RF's Anaheim SX track VS EMF's MxGR Anaheim SX Track

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

RF's Anaheim SX track VS EMF's MxGr Anaheim SX Track

RF's Anaheim SX track
88%
EMF's MxGR Anaheim SX Track
12%

Total votes: 155

Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Re: RF's Anaheim SX track VS EMF's MxGR Anaheim SX Track

Post by Finalmushroom »

nickuzick wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
nickuzick wrote: Bro
Yeah! Use words sir. Care to expand?
Lets put it this way, the 6 people who voted EMF either work on the tracks or with EMF.
Maybe. lol. We all like different things and that's ok.
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Finalmushroom wrote:
WellsMX524 wrote:Fair analysis:

EMF tracks look like they're from 2010. Track makers can't make jump transitions. Tracks feel like they're a mile wide, jumps look really bad and not smooth. EMF, if they want to actually get a ROI this year need to start focusing on making the GP series. I gave A1 a fair shake, and it looked really bad visually, and doesn't even compare to RF tracks. Erode is the future, not running it is trying to stay in the past and not progress the game.
I personally felt that the new EMF track looked better than the new RF one. I think it was the dirt and the lack of those beaming stadium lights. I understand why Rf runs them but as far as looks go I liked the EMF one.

I agree with you about erode though. After I posted this I realized that I didn't have my erode on (I just had downloaded the new snapshot) and really enjoy the Rf track with erode. Erode is a really fun aspect to this game which I really enjoy!

Thanks for the good points though!
The dirt is so light because of erode, #1. Second, it's a major league baseball stadium. There are supposed to be bright lights. That's the cool part about supercross. The decals on EMF's A1 had fall leaves in them if you look close enough. The rF track is astronomically better than the EMF product.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Finalmushroom wrote:I think it was the dirt and the lack of those beaming stadium lights. I understand why Rf runs them but as far as looks go I liked the EMF one.

Im not hating, but if you turn your graphics up and actually look at the dirt, the environment, all the fine details I think you would come to appreciate it.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Racers52 wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:I think it was the dirt and the lack of those beaming stadium lights. I understand why Rf runs them but as far as looks go I liked the EMF one.

Im not hating, but if you turn your graphics up and actually look at the dirt, the environment, all the fine details I think you would come to appreciate it.
You're trying to kill my PC. lol. Turn my graphics up and she dies. :mrgreen:

I think both are pretty good. Not hating on RF's (I love brownie dirt so I'm biased on the dirt).
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

WellsMX524 wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
WellsMX524 wrote:Fair analysis:

EMF tracks look like they're from 2010. Track makers can't make jump transitions. Tracks feel like they're a mile wide, jumps look really bad and not smooth. EMF, if they want to actually get a ROI this year need to start focusing on making the GP series. I gave A1 a fair shake, and it looked really bad visually, and doesn't even compare to RF tracks. Erode is the future, not running it is trying to stay in the past and not progress the game.
I personally felt that the new EMF track looked better than the new RF one. I think it was the dirt and the lack of those beaming stadium lights. I understand why Rf runs them but as far as looks go I liked the EMF one.

I agree with you about erode though. After I posted this I realized that I didn't have my erode on (I just had downloaded the new snapshot) and really enjoy the Rf track with erode. Erode is a really fun aspect to this game which I really enjoy!

Thanks for the good points though!
The dirt is so light because of erode, #1. Second, it's a major league baseball stadium. There are supposed to be bright lights. That's the cool part about supercross. The decals on EMF's A1 had fall leaves in them if you look close enough. The rF track is astronomically better than the EMF product.
I understand why they run lighter dirt. I remember some people talking about it on AZ's track last year since the dirt was light IRL and dark in game. The lights are there IRL absolutely (I've been going to SX races since the early 2000's and remember some epic RC#4 and CR#22 battles when Ricky was on the 02Cr250R :mrgreen: ) but I felt like the lights are really beaming! Maybe it's just me and I do run my graphics on the high FPS setting which maybe makes the lights look like a blop and less of a focused point like IRL?
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Finalmushroom wrote:I understand why they run lighter dirt. I remember some people talking about it on AZ's track last year since the dirt was light IRL and dark in game. The lights are there IRL absolutely (I've been going to SX races since the early 2000's and remember some epic RC#4 and CR#22 battles when Ricky was on the 02Cr250R :mrgreen: ) but I felt like the lights are really beaming! Maybe it's just me and I do run my graphics on the high FPS setting which maybe makes the lights look like a blop and less of a focused point like IRL?
Your problem is running high fps settings instead of going into advanced graphics and fine tuning things to your PC’s needs. It’s ok that you like EMF’s track better, doesn’t mean it’s the better track though.
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

WellsMX524 wrote:if they want to actually get a ROI this year need to start focusing on making the GP series.
Nailed it'
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

reddead422 wrote:Why isn't jgmx A1 an option we need to include all options next time guys cmon :evil:

i still would vote for rf sorry JG <3
no discredit to the guy, he is awesome but he has been trying to make his tracks to realistic and honestly i don't, nor does anyone i talk to really like his new tracks, as before his tracks honestly arguably the best tracks in the game, such as renus bandinus sx, greef compound etc.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

ColtHans wrote:
reddead422 wrote:Why isn't jgmx A1 an option we need to include all options next time guys cmon :evil:

no discredit to the guy, he is awesome but he has been trying to make his tracks to realistic and honestly i don't, nor does anyone i talk to really like his new tracks, as before his tracks honestly arguably the best tracks in the game, such as renus bandinus sx, greef compound etc.
It's all personal. I have enjoyed all of his tracks to date. I'm just glad people keep making these tracks! It's great to have more and more content. Which is where I was going with this poll. I wasn't wanting people to just bash on a track because most of the people talking crap probably don't make content. It's really cool just to see all of the content and how receptive the community is of this said content. That being said, this community is fairly toxic and loves to talk crap. lol. :mrgreen:
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

ColtHans wrote:

I honestly think his realistic tracks are better because they require a larger skill gap to ride. It's more technical instead of his fun tracks that he used to make. Yeah 5th gear wide on a 450 is fun and all, but realism is what makes MX Simulator a simulator. It also takes a larger skillset to make a realistic track instead of a fun track.

I'm also assuming that you and the people you talk to aren't very good at the game yet. This makes his harder, realistic, tracks seem more "aids" then it would to someone who's had more experience playing the game. You're allowed to have your own opinion on his tracks, but I'm sure your opinion would change a little if you were better at the game.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
ColtHans wrote:

I honestly think his realistic tracks are better because they require a larger skill gap to ride. It's more technical instead of his fun tracks that he used to make. Yeah 5th gear wide on a 450 is fun and all, but realism is what makes MX Simulator a simulator. It also takes a larger skillset to make a realistic track instead of a fun track.

I'm also assuming that you and the people you talk to aren't very good at the game yet. This makes his harder, realistic, tracks seem more "aids" then it would to someone who's had more experience playing the game. You're allowed to have your own opinion on his tracks, but I'm sure your opinion would change a little if you were better at the game.
I enjoy the JG MX/SX tracks. + Jakob said you have to be good at sim to enjoy these tracks = Jakob stated that I'm good at MX SIm!?!?!?!
LOL. JK bro. Sick ride Wednesday by the way! :mrgreen:
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
ColtHans wrote:

I completely agree with you on realism making the game a simulator, but it is fun to break away from that every now and then, and he was one of the only people who made tracks that were fun, flowy while still being wide open, i want to see him keep making tracks like he does now yes, but it would be nice if every now and then he would make something like his old style.
Ty59
Team: MotoWhips

Post by Ty59 »

In my personal opinion, I like the RF tracks better. HOWEVER, the tracks this year are much harder than last year. On some tracks I cant seem to do the fast lines on a 250f. I thought an idea to help this would be to have RF track officials set the track up for amateurs the day after the pro event. For instance San Diegos big triple line through the back rhythm is almost impossible for me lol. But, I think adding a bit more lip on the 3rd kicker would make life much easier. Or set the AMs up on a futures track like they do in real life haha.

What are anyone else's thoughts on this?