Lag spikes and FPS drops

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
GM55
Team: Privateer

Lag spikes and FPS drops

Post by GM55 »

I use my Macbook to connect to my 24 inch monitor and play sim, recently Ive been experiencing lots of fps issues with my game. Ill drop to 30 frames on some outdoor tracks and usually stay around 20-30 frames in supercross

If you play on macbook can you share your graphic settings? Or does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this FPS and Lag
Juggernaut

Re: Lag spikes and FPS drops

Post by Juggernaut »

GM55 wrote:I use my Macbook to connect to my 24 inch monitor and play sim, recently Ive been experiencing lots of fps issues with my game. Ill drop to 30 frames on some outdoor tracks and usually stay around 20-30 frames in supercross

If you play on macbook can you share your graphic settings? Or does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this FPS and Lag
Didnt even know u could play on mac
Will93

Post by Will93 »

Pretty sure they play through WINE or a similar program
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Juggernaut wrote:Didnt even know u could play on mac
There's a pinned thread in the Help & Troubleshoot section :wink:
GM55 wrote:I use my Macbook to connect to my 24 inch monitor and play sim, recently Ive been experiencing lots of fps issues with my game. Ill drop to 30 frames on some outdoor tracks and usually stay around 20-30 frames in supercross

Share your ingame settings and it might be easier to see if you can do something.
GM55

Post by GM55 »

My i game settings are just the default "FPS" mode. Looks awful though
zen-ef

Post by zen-ef »

GM55 wrote:My i game settings are just the default "FPS" mode. Looks awful though

What year MacBook and what GPU are you using?

I'm running a mid 2010 iMac 27 with hd 5670 512mb GPU lol (dogshite) but get decent frames for my monitor (external as my LCD connection needs re soldering).

Running external monitor will decrease the FPS straight away but I have found suitable settings for most tracks and that is;

Ground geometric details-50 (I haven't found reducing or increasing affects FPS)
Ground textures-8/9 (depends on track)
Ground resolution-128/256 depending on the track.
Mipmaps-yes (seems to help with FPS)
Terrain rendering method-hardware direct (better FPS)
Use shader programs-yes (seems to give better FPS)
Model geometric detail-3/6 (the lower the better FPS but you won't see object till you're basically right next to them if it's a lower number, if the track seems to be ok on FPS you can increase it)
Model texture-8/9 (depends on track)
Roost density-0/500 (again depends on FPS on track)
Enable lense flair-no (you can have it on but depends on track as sometimes it messes the display).

Another thing I'd like to add is I'm assuming you're using wine to run the game? Depending on what GPU you have you may need a certain version of wine as some GPUs have integration problems with wine so knowing your GPU you should deffo have a look on Google about your GPU and the version of wine to see if there are any bug's and what version will run smoother.

I hope this helps.