Server broadcast's with messagelines 0

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Atom6246

Server broadcast's with messagelines 0

Post by Atom6246 »

Is there a way to see server broadcast's while having messagelines on 0? I believe Yohann said you could do something like "server,ignore none" but don't think that actually works.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Server broadcast's with messagelines 0

Post by jlv »

Use "server, ignore all".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Gotcha. How would I go about that for when I am hosting races? When I need to see chat, but still without seeing people disconnect and reconnect while riding.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Actually that will hide the chat but not the connect messages. If you're hosting it's probably a bad idea to hide anything.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

jlv wrote:Actually that will hide the chat but not the connect messages. If you're hosting it's probably a bad idea to hide anything.
Yes I understand I shouldn't hide anything while hosting but I also race. I want to hide the message lines because it's distracting while racing. I don't want to block the messages in the chat though. I'm asking if it's possible or a possibility to have a function where I can see broadcasts in the message lines without completely blocking chat.

It's really not a big issue since I'm the one sending the broadcast's but thought it was worth the ask.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You'd have to write a script to do that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

jlv wrote:Use "server, ignore all".
I believe this only works for the current restart. After that it continues to block all messages.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Atom6246 wrote:
jlv wrote:Use "server, ignore all".
I believe this only works for the current restart. After that it continues to block all messages.
It doesn't reset on restarts but if the server admin used an allignore command your setting will be changed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com