The Future of Sim

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
GM55
Team: Privateer

The Future of Sim

Post by GM55 »

I know its sort of a loaded subject but its one that I think should be brought up and get some input on what some of you guys out there think..

I ve been playing the game off and on for about a year now, but as of about 4 months ago I started dedicating about 2-4 hours a night to just getting better at the game. I know I can compete in AMs right now but my PC is shit and wont be upgraded until this summer so I plan on joining in during outdoors and starting my career..

well. thats the plan.

I wanted to make this post for myself and on behalf of tons of other riders who are putting hours and hours into the game with hopes to one day become pro and win a Pro event.

The problem is knowing for sure if Sim will still be the same Sim 3-4 years from now. I have hope for the future but it just seems like the game is almost starting to get more and more toxic and with erode now throwing a curve-ball at everyone.

I have hope for the future of Sim and I hope that it only keeps improving and stays around so in 2-3 years I can compete with these guys every Wed night on stream in front of hundreds of people.

I dont think the game is dying, per say, but I am just uncertain if putting in the hours and hours of practice and dedicating time and money to the game will be worth it i a few years if the game isn't even relevant anymore.

If Kellen quits....RF and Checkerz and them decide their over it....what will Sim be?

Like I said I have hope for the future of the game and I know that there are tons of peopel still playing and still interested in it, I just wanted some more experienced and more knowledgeable input from some of you pros and others who have been here forever.

Long ass post..tryhard as hell...

Dope though... cause its a good ass question.
mxr449
Team: SYS / FAMmx Design

Re: The Future of Sim

Post by mxr449 »

I feel as though Sim will be around for years to come. We have a lot in our corner to help make this game last a long time.

1. JLV. It's been a little over a decade I believe since the game was made and I haven't seen any signs of JLV slowing down. He continues to make updates and he is actively on these forums not only reading what we're talking about but replying to many threads as well. He's not shy to tell everyone what his plans are and what he is currently working on. He is also open to ideas and willing to implement them based on our comments.

2. While new games are coming out every year with modern graphics, it still isn't filling the void when it comes to physics. Other games are geared towards the average consumer and therefore are going to be easier to play. I don't see this changing for any future mainstream game. I think we can all agree that while some of the MVA titles are fun to play, they just don't give you the same feel that Sim does. Not only do we know this, but Sim is also highly talked about in many other MX related forums. While some people might say it's too hard to learn, there seems to always be a group of people who come in expressing how much more fun and worthwhile Sim is once you learn how to play. Also, I'm sure JLV is aware of the new games that are coming out and I would assume he is looking at these games for inspiration of what he might want to add in the future.

3. All of the options Sim has to offer. I don't look at Sim as a Motocross only game in a sense. There are so many things to do with Sim. You can play the game, download an unlimited amount of tracks, create tracks, stream or make YT videos, compete in organized series, develop and organize a team, learn how to make models, design graphics, etc.

4. For a series to be hosted, you have to have some kind of organization. We've been fortunate to have this every year since I believe 2012? JLV did it first, then RaceFactory Gaming, then MXS Central came along, EMF, etc. I'm pretty sure there are even a couple other organizations for France and Brazil. Then you have MXSLobby who has all the tools readily available to anyone who would want to host a series. If for some reason, all of these organizations closed down, I'm sure there would be someone who would step up to the plate.

5. Start your systems. Kellen has taken the streaming and videos to an entirely new level than what it was before. It would be hard for anyone to do what Kellen does with his professionalism and dedication and I don't see any signs of him slowing down either. With that being said, there are also a lot of other streamers who do a great job too. Before Kellen, there was still streams, just not as professionally or regularly done. Again, I think someone would be ready to step up to the plate and stream the races if Kellen were to stop.

6. Track creators. We are fortunate to have Checkerz, Barrington and others on the rF staff that helps build tracks. Having worked with these guys in 2016 and 2017, I can definitely say that their dedication and time that they put into producing tracks is insane. Their dedication will be hard to match for sure. Fortunately, there are a ton of people who enjoy building tracks for Sim. If something were to happen and all of the rF track builders were to stop, I'm sure someone would step up to the plate.

7. Activity. A lot of times we focus on the main Supercross and Motocross series but throughout the year there are countless series and events being held and we aren't limited to what the game says we can or can't do. In Sim, you can pretty much do any kind of event in any kind of format that you want. "Game modes" have even been added in the past when rF had the Automated racing series that automatically divided riders up into two heats, had an LCQ and the main event every hour.

8. Community. While a lot of people complain about the community, I think this could also be what keeps the game together. It's kind of like living in a city versus a small town. Sim is a small town so everyone knows each other. If someone messes up, everyone knows about it while in other games, there are so many people that you are simply a number in the system. JLV even knows a majority of the players on sim because he is active in the community and I personally have met 50x more people on here that I keep in contact with than any other game. With Sim being a smaller community, I think it gives people more motivation to get better at the game or become a content creator. With sim, you can actually rise to the top. Not to say you can't do this with other games but you don't have hundreds of thousands of people to compete against. Most of us know or have heard of the top 40 qualifiers each week and with practice, it's not too far out of reach for many of us. Same can be said with content. If you put the time in to learn how to model or create tracks and your content is good, It will be noticed and praised.

So to sum that up, I don't think Sim has any threat to its future as long as it keeps going like it is and if something changes, there are other people that step up to the plate.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

mxr449 wrote:
Right on Blake
GM55
Team: Privateer

Post by GM55 »

mxr449 wrote:I feel as though Sim will be around for years to come. We have a lot in our corner to help make this game last a long time.

1. JLV. It's been a little over a decade I believe since the game was made and I haven't seen any signs of JLV slowing down. He continues to make updates and he is actively on these forums not only reading what we're talking about but replying to many threads as well. He's not shy to tell everyone what his plans are and what he is currently working on. He is also open to ideas and willing to implement them based on our comments.

2. While new games are coming out every year with modern graphics, it still isn't filling the void when it comes to physics. Other games are geared towards the average consumer and therefore are going to be easier to play. I don't see this changing for any future mainstream game. I think we can all agree that while some of the MVA titles are fun to play, they just don't give you the same feel that Sim does. Not only do we know this, but Sim is also highly talked about in many other MX related forums. While some people might say it's too hard to learn, there seems to always be a group of people who come in expressing how much more fun and worthwhile Sim is once you learn how to play. Also, I'm sure JLV is aware of the new games that are coming out and I would assume he is looking at these games for inspiration of what he might want to add in the future.

3. All of the options Sim has to offer. I don't look at Sim as a Motocross only game in a sense. There are so many things to do with Sim. You can play the game, download an unlimited amount of tracks, create tracks, stream or make YT videos, compete in organized series, develop and organize a team, learn how to make models, design graphics, etc.

4. For a series to be hosted, you have to have some kind of organization. We've been fortunate to have this every year since I believe 2012? JLV did it first, then RaceFactory Gaming, then MXS Central came along, EMF, etc. I'm pretty sure there are even a couple other organizations for France and Brazil. Then you have MXSLobby who has all the tools readily available to anyone who would want to host a series. If for some reason, all of these organizations closed down, I'm sure there would be someone who would step up to the plate.

5. Start your systems. Kellen has taken the streaming and videos to an entirely new level than what it was before. It would be hard for anyone to do what Kellen does with his professionalism and dedication and I don't see any signs of him slowing down either. With that being said, there are also a lot of other streamers who do a great job too. Before Kellen, there was still streams, just not as professionally or regularly done. Again, I think someone would be ready to step up to the plate and stream the races if Kellen were to stop.

6. Track creators. We are fortunate to have Checkerz, Barrington and others on the rF staff that helps build tracks. Having worked with these guys in 2016 and 2017, I can definitely say that their dedication and time that they put into producing tracks is insane. Their dedication will be hard to match for sure. Fortunately, there are a ton of people who enjoy building tracks for Sim. If something were to happen and all of the rF track builders were to stop, I'm sure someone would step up to the plate.

7. Activity. A lot of times we focus on the main Supercross and Motocross series but throughout the year there are countless series and events being held and we aren't limited to what the game says we can or can't do. In Sim, you can pretty much do any kind of event in any kind of format that you want. "Game modes" have even been added in the past when rF had the Automated racing series that automatically divided riders up into two heats, had an LCQ and the main event every hour.

8. Community. While a lot of people complain about the community, I think this could also be what keeps the game together. It's kind of like living in a city versus a small town. Sim is a small town so everyone knows each other. If someone messes up, everyone knows about it while in other games, there are so many people that you are simply a number in the system. JLV even knows a majority of the players on sim because he is active in the community and I personally have met 50x more people on here that I keep in contact with than any other game. With Sim being a smaller community, I think it gives people more motivation to get better at the game or become a content creator. With sim, you can actually rise to the top. Not to say you can't do this with other games but you don't have hundreds of thousands of people to compete against. Most of us know or have heard of the top 40 qualifiers each week and with practice, it's not too far out of reach for many of us. Same can be said with content. If you put the time in to learn how to model or create tracks and your content is good, It will be noticed and praised.

So to sum that up, I don't think Sim has any threat to its future as long as it keeps going like it is and if something changes, there are other people that step up to the plate.
Well said, and great points.
Thanks buddy
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

Sim for life.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds