MX Sim update

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

MX Sim update

Post by Whiteracing204 »

I was wanting to know how hard it is to make your own bike sounds in the game? Id love to see JLV come out with new bike sounds in the new snapshot but i know its not a priority but i just think it would be cool to have different sounds in the game. let me know if you can help! Thanks!!!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MX Sim update

Post by jlv »

I might take another shot at it. I actually did just buy a cheap audio capture gadget that does stereo. The plan is to capture audio in one channel and engine timing in the other. It's kind of easy to get lost trying to figure out the RPM from just the sound.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
moto28

Post by moto28 »

jlv wrote:I might take another shot at it. I actually did just buy a cheap audio capture gadget that does stereo. The plan is to capture audio in one channel and engine timing in the other. It's kind of easy to get lost trying to figure out the RPM from just the sound.
I think it would be great. How hard would it be to get a Tachometer and try to keep the bike revved at x RPM, record the sound up into the next 1000 rpms?

By that i mean possibly you could record idle, (<1000RPM) and record the transition in sound into =1000RPM, and do the same thing for each thousandth of an rpm doing seperate recordings. Though i know it may hinder the quality doing seperate recordings but it seems like a semi decent way to keep track of which audio file is designated to a particular RPM.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Are we talking distilled water, deionized water, purified water, heavy water, holy water, bong water or just ball sack water?
Whiteracing204

Post by Whiteracing204 »

jlv wrote:I might take another shot at it. I actually did just buy a cheap audio capture gadget that does stereo. The plan is to capture audio in one channel and engine timing in the other. It's kind of easy to get lost trying to figure out the RPM from just the sound.
That would be awesome! id love to hear new bike sounds in the game I've wanted to that happen for a while! When do you think you might come out with them?
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

I'd be down, this would be a cool update.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

This tool is pretty cool. You supply an audio clip and it samples the levels to find the sound at x rpm. Milestone and Turn10(makes the Forza games) use this. It's a little pricey for an independent dev, though.
This is a test I did with the trial software and a low-quality GoPro video that I had on my computer from a few years ago. Only spent 5 minutes fine-tuning the sampling.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AZgWAe ... sp=sharing
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Whoops, put the wrong link to the software. http://www.crankcaseaudio.com/
Whiteracing204

Post by Whiteracing204 »

I don't know how hard it is but it would be super cool if each bikes rev limiter was different because irl the hondas limiter is slow and the kx and rmz are pretty fast limiters. i'm not talking about how fast they get to the rev limiter, im talking about how the rev limiter sounds
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Whiteracing204 wrote:I don't know how hard it is but it would be super cool if each bikes rev limiter was different because irl the hondas limiter is slow and the kx and rmz are pretty fast limiters. i'm not talking about how fast they get to the rev limiter, im talking about how the rev limiter sounds
Wouldn’t work, some people would run Suzuki models on ktm or husqvarna dynos. There would only be a single sound for 125s, 250s, and 450s.