R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ac Dash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post by Ac Dash »

I think sim went downhill due to rippers and then the creators charging so much for content. In the creators minds thinking a high price solves the solution to ripping when imo it makes it worse for the creators and consumers because there are very few people willing to pay that price. So they get it from a friend instead of buying it. It only takes ONE person to send someones work around for it to get into the hands of everyone else.
And now the rippers are trying to make a buck off of someone elses work too.

I think if JLV were to have licensed bikes added to the game along with the bike models/rider models it would solve a lot of problems.
Obviously it wouldnt be free content but he'd be able to use the current top tier creators to help build a dev team for this sort of thing while obviously the creators would get paid of course.

Sim is very far ahead of all the other MX games as far as physics go. But its also far behind in many ways too.
I believe Mx Sim could be a AAA game if JLV were to put his foot down and use the assets he has now before they're all gone.
You can only do so much being one person.

Sim WILL die off in the next few years if it keeps going the way it is.
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:It seems now creators and hosts tend to focus on negativity like "track is aids" and "game is broken" and "sim is dead". I think new life has been breathed into the game with the scripting and ambient sounds.
There has always been dumbasses in the community. The difference is that before, those dumbasses were kissing creators' asses telling them how awesome their content was (even when it wasn't good) and everything was fine. Now that they're telling them it sucks (even when it doesn't) they're mad.

The scripting is great but still not having basic things like shadows after 10 years baffles me.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

One guy with a day job. People need to get over it.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Race, that was such a foolish comment on page 1, pathetic really.

Shame for DJ, DDMX, Chex and others, I was going to compliment how amazing this game is because of all the work and time spend teaching others.. but you didn't charge so yeah... you're both fucking terrible and all your content in 2010 looked sooooo 2007.

Wait, what.. They didn't charge for any of their work or time!?! But Race top tier track creator/better than the rest/2009 track comp winner with his 2019 decals said nothing in life is free!

Yes, MXS is obviously terrible but it certainly isn't the games fault.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Don't see the issue with returning the investment in creators time. Sure the early days of sim were great (I sadly didn't experience them, I joined as Andy's Kawi was THE model), but can anyone really expect all this content to be free forever?

I agree it cause's more problems but $50 to be running a much needed rider model that took who knows how much time to make doesn't seem like the end of the world. :roll:
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:One guy with a day job. People need to get over it.
JLV does a great job developing MXS. I just think he's had his priorities wrong a few times like the lighting.
We've had trouble seeing ruts and breaking bumps since the decals maps came out and now it's just worst with erode imo.
Atom6246 wrote:I agree it cause's more problems but $50 to be running a much needed rider model that took who knows how much time to make doesn't seem like the end of the world. :roll:
Depending on what you get for $50 (jm, psd, source files), I don't think that's too bad.
pulse

Post by pulse »

I would have to agree then game went down hill with the privet servers and paid content. I think the most fun was in 2011 and 2012 after that slowly went down hill, No I hop on here and seeing whats going on just makes me not want to pick this game up again.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Ac Dash wrote:I think if JLV were to have licensed bikes added to the game along with the bike models/rider models it would solve a lot of problems.
Obviously it wouldnt be free content but he'd be able to use the current top tier creators to help build a dev team for this sort of thing while obviously the creators would get paid of course.

Sim is very far ahead of all the other MX games as far as physics go. But its also far behind in many ways too.
I believe Mx Sim could be a AAA game if JLV were to put his foot down and use the assets he has now before they're all gone.
You can only do so much being one person.
I completely agree and I would bet that a lot of content creators would love to help get that whole proccess started. The next problem is, where will the money come from for him to pay the content creators? Since he is one man, it would come out of his own pocket. He would somehow have to find sponsors. There are a lot of details that he would have to spend a long time to try and find companies to sponsor the game.
Atom6246 wrote:Don't see the issue with returning the investment in creators time. Sure the early days of sim were great (I sadly didn't experience them, I joined as Andy's Kawi was THE model), but can anyone really expect all this content to be free forever?

I agree it cause's more problems but $50 to be running a much needed rider model that took who knows how much time to make doesn't seem like the end of the world. :roll:
Agreed Ayetom. Especially most of the creators are my friends, so i have no problem helping them out
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

[quote="yFMX"]I'm blaming those people more than the creators for the situation the community is in now.
You're blaming people for paying for good work? Yikes.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

yFMX wrote:I'm blaming those people more than the creators for the situation the community is in now.
You're blaming people for paying for good work? Yikes.

oops
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

Mikey wrote:Yes, MXS is obviously terrible but it certainly isn't the games fault.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:One guy with a day job. People need to get over it.
Best comments in this entire thread. There are a lot of arm chair game developers in this community. The argument that MX Simulator could be an AAA game if only jlv would allow content creators to help him develop the game is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Mikey wrote:Race, that was such a foolish comment on page 1, pathetic really.

Shame for DJ, DDMX, Chex and others, I was going to compliment how amazing this game is because of all the work and time spend teaching others.. but you didn't charge so yeah... you're both fucking terrible and all your content in 2010 looked sooooo 2007.

Wait, what.. They didn't charge for any of their work or time!?! But Race top tier track creator/better than the rest/2009 track comp winner with his 2019 decals said nothing in life is free!

Yes, MXS is obviously terrible but it certainly isn't the games fault.
I didnt say it was bad content, I just couldnt find anything.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

DP

I am grateful for the process the earlier guys went through, I learned pretty much everything I know from the GOAT, Hagg, and im not trying to be disrespectful.

But in my honest opinion paid content has made this game better as a whole.
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

DBRider251 wrote:You're blaming people for paying for good work? Yikes.
No, I'm blaming them for the situation we're in. I just wish more people would be willing to work on stuff themselves instead of relying on a few creators.
Racers52 wrote:But in my honest opinion paid content has made this game better as a whole.
I kind of agree and disagree at the same time.
The models that are paid content are for the most part the best ones for sure but I think that if for some reason paid content wasn't allowed, we would still have models close to what we have now.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

yFMX wrote: No, I'm blaming them for the situation we're in. I just wish more people would be willing to work on stuff themselves instead of relying on a few creators.
Most people can't seem to name a file correctly, let alone pay for programs and teach themselves how to use them.
yFMX wrote: I think that if for some reason paid content wasn't allowed, we would still have models close to what we have now.
100% not.