2019-03-28 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Re: 2019-03-28 snapshot

Post by NoFear345 »

For me the stutters were very brief in length maybe 1/2 second tops but would happen every 10-15 seconds. Turning off threaded optimization reduced/eliminated them but performance still seems a bit off to me lately. Who knows it’s been over a year since I’ve cleaned my pc maybe it’s clogging up on some dust bunnies :lol:
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

The stutters were happening constantly in that Demo jlv, after the 2 minute mark my game was freezing for about half a second every 5ish seconds.
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Had really bad frame skipping on Daytona tonight. Was fine in the 12 person heat, and then when the main happened, about three laps in I started getting really bad frame skips during the sand section, the section afterwards and the moguls across the track. It was extremely hard to play with in Erode.

I have a GTX1070 and an i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz. 32GB ram,

Had no issues until the main, not sure what happened, but hopefully things can get fixed for the next update.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

jlv wrote:I don't think there's any malicious intent. I'm just saying those tests are bogus. I was unable to reproduce it and then I noticed how the tests were actually conducted. He probably didn't do it on purpose but it's obvious what happened from looking at the videos.
I genuinely do not see what the obvious reason might be from looking at the videos, can you explain? What would be a more reliable test?
jlv wrote:"How big of a stutter are you guys getting? We're talking about a half second freeze right? Does it reliably happen in this round 15 main demo? Does /fpshist show it? (Type /fpshist once after loading in to clear the counters and again at the end of the demo.)"

It would help to know how long the stutters are so I can write some instrumentation code that actually records the right info.
I personally am not having the issue but it seems these guys are giving the information on the intervals that you requested.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
jlv wrote:I don't think there's any malicious intent. I'm just saying those tests are bogus. I was unable to reproduce it and then I noticed how the tests were actually conducted. He probably didn't do it on purpose but it's obvious what happened from looking at the videos.
I genuinely do not see what the obvious reason might be from looking at the videos, can you explain? What would be a more reliable test?
When the editor's up, the game devotes 8x more time to reshading so your edits will show faster. That leaves less time for erode to run. When you switch to the editor, it'll quickly reshade whatever the current terrain is. So if you wait a sec for the erode buffer to empty and then switch, you'll get the instant update. If you switch quickly so the erode buffer doesn't get a chance to empty out, it'll update slowly. His clips all followed that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

So what are the odds we just revert back to snapshot 1/20 area? Really haven’t been any key improvements other than more lag for everyone. I appreciate the work but it’s ruining the race season.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

NoFear345 wrote:So what are the odds we just revert back to snapshot 1/20 area? Really haven’t been any key improvements other than more lag for everyone. I appreciate the work but it’s ruining the race season.
It wouldn't fix anything. There have been no changes that would have impacted FPS so there's essentially nothing to revert.

Going to try raising the scheduling priority on Windows and add some finer grained frame time measurements so I can at least see if it tends to freeze in the same spot.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.