2019-03-28 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
BydesigndecalsCO
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: 2019-03-28 snapshot

Post by BydesigndecalsCO »

Imagine having a game that well optimised for current technology. but na we got scripts to add flames now.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I don't think it was 2019-03-20 since the only rendering difference is resetting the shader when the object list ends with a spec but no normal object. Should be the same in other cases. You could try disabling shaders but it'll probably just run slower.

Could also be an Nvidia control panel application profile thing using different settings for different exe's.

Another possibility is demo recording. If you have a funky disk driver that hangs when it flushes its buffers you'll get glitches like that. With erode on the demos will grow much faster and the buffer flushes will happen more often.
BydesigndecalsCO wrote:Imagine having a game that well optimised for current technology. but na we got scripts to add flames now.
If you search for "nvidia stutter", all you see is people complaining about MX Simulator!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

I turned off threaded optimization in my nvidia control panel and it seemed to work for the race, I wasn't getting stutters like Houston
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I lowered my ground detail settings from 70/7 to 50/5 for the main and I wasn't getting any stutter like I was in the heat.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

motomaniak wrote:Im on an AMD R9 290 and also have these spikes.
Same card, i get spikes pretty bad. Not to mention my FPS went from a solid 125 to 60-70.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

I was in 2/20 snapshot prior to this with zero issues. For the main I switched threaded optimization to “off” and I don’t really remember any stutters but I was going down every other corner so I wasn’t really paying much attention but I know it was better than the heat race where it was a stutter every 3-5 seconds constantly.
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

I tried threaded on and off both and still getting the small stutters. Also tried lowering graphics. I would agree with Devin with it being every 3-5 seconds constantly. Also happened weather erode was high during a race or not. Played sum 01 last night with the same settings and switched threaded on and off and tested both. But outdoors was even worst. Could be on my end but it seems its coming from a few people. Hate to be the one to say it like usual, but its hard to wanna play this game knowing I paid to race a series and can't even feel good about racing or have a fun time racing while I have stutters all night. So I really do wish and wish jlv finds something, cuz I don't want to race the rest of the season like this.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

On this snapshot my buttons stick.

For example I will go to sit down, then when I try to stand back up I cant. I have to spam the button to get it back to standing.

I have a brand new controller and I was not experiencing this on previous snapshot.
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

big problem with stuttering and lag issues
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Racers52 wrote:On this snapshot my buttons stick.

For example I will go to sit down, then when I try to stand back up I cant. I have to spam the button to get it back to standing.

I have a brand new controller and I was not experiencing this on previous snapshot.
That’s just your controller man. If I were you, I’d take a look at the inputs and calibration to make sure nothing is wrong with this new controller. If there’s nothing wrong then I’m not sure. I just got a new controller as well and it works fine.
TrentAdams
Team: DX3

Post by TrentAdams »

It seems like I've had some lag issues as well.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:

That’s just your controller man. If I were you, I’d take a look at the inputs and calibration to make sure nothing is wrong with this new controller. If there’s nothing wrong then I’m not sure. I just got a new controller as well and it works fine.
No its not, it's the lag. I get it too and always have when things make my sim stutter. I had multiple incidents in the main with my bike shifting itself down, locking wide open or full brake. It's an in game issue, not controller issue. Been a long standing sim issue.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

DannyBoy wrote:No its not, it's the lag. I get it too and always have when things make my sim stutter. I had multiple incidents in the main with my bike shifting itself down, locking wide open or full brake. It's an in game issue, not controller issue. Been a long standing sim issue.
Yes this does happen with lag. Race didn't mention the lag so I thought he was just having issues with his controller. But I've heard people saying try turning off threaded optimization in your nvidia settings to fix the lag.
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:

The exact same thing is happening with me. Although it always seems to be getting either stuck in gear. (My controller is about 3montha old and has never done it prior to this snaphot). Or the throttle will just stick wide-open, I know that Mullins said his was doing the same thing too.

I'm also always getting microstutters, and sometimes quite a large ones.
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Hate to be the guy who says it, but first thanks to jlv for the help and ideas. But is there a way we can problem solve our self or can you find something that may be the issue, I hate asking this like this but we are still racing each week ad doesnt seem to stop the racing weather its happening to majority of the riders, and we paid to race its kinda sucky to have to race with this going on. Would love to get it fixed so we can finish out the last couple rounds and be amped on Outdoors to come.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based