2019-04-21 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jmayo_2

Re: 2019-04-21 snapshot

Post by jmayo_2 »

Seems to have fixed it for me!
Wardy
Team: Privateer

Post by Wardy »

jlv wrote:Changes:
  • Fixed crash when renderstats is enabled with software terrain textures.
  • Now sets scheduling priority to "high" on Windows.
  • Fixed volume attenuation for environmental sounds when paused or in menu.
  • Fixed bug where buffered erode events from previous race carried over to next race.
  • Added "/reportstutter seconds" command. Use "/reportstutter .25" to get info on where freezes over a quarter second are happening.
  • Client version is now 37.
Windows users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2019-04-21-1494.exe
Linux users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2019-04-21-1494

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

• Fixed bug where buffered erode events from previous race carried over to next race.
  • Added "/reportstutter seconds" command. Use "/reportstutter .25" to get info on where freezes over a quarter second are happening.
Mine is saying can’t find game data, can someone help me please

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Thank you Wardy, very cool!

All seriousness tho thx jlv
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

aeffertz wrote:That fixed it for me! The volume buttons also now don't cause any sort of tics or spikes.
The volume thing is going to be a coincidence. Probably only lags you the first time you press it or something like that. The update I posted would only fix the .1 second stutters.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Mine says when I try and start it up ‘can’t find game data’
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wardy wrote:

Mine says when I try and start it up ‘can’t find game data’
It's not in your program files folder. Look at jlv's quote for the directory.
caden__s144
Team: Phil's

Post by caden__s144 »

can we worry about optimization over erode? People with computers that can play super taxing games run them at 100fps while this with 30 people struggles for 80...
Guggen

Post by Guggen »

I tried using both snapshots april snaps, stutter went away with the 2nd but the thing I dont understand is why my fps drops by 40 from my old snapshot to these new ones. I am not changing any settings from one snap to the other, just replacing the exe file. I havent played in awhile so the previous snap I was using was 2018-7-28-1418. On this older snap I'm always locked at 125 fps no matter the erode settings or if the gate is full. Right now playing in 1801 with on the latest snap I'm hovering 80-90fps. Switching back to old snap and right back to 125 fps.

First april snapshot I bounce from 125-80fps, I'm guessing this is the stutter everyones mentioning. The 2nd one posted here I'm just stuck 80-90fps.

My computer has an i9-9900k and a 1080ti. While looking at the performance, 30% of GPU being used and 70-90% of 2 CPU cores is used on new and old snaps.
moto683
Team: D ROB Factory Racing

Post by moto683 »

moto28 wrote:
Mfrosty5 wrote:the stutter is unplayable, the game like micro freezes every couple of seconds
Had the same issue during the erode test. I have constant 125fps, till a stutter hits and i shoot down to 15 or less. It occurs extra bad anytime i tab, spectate type or anything, that usually brings me down to 2 fps and i freeze on the screen for around 5 seconds. I would try changing graphics settings but i wouldn't be holding a constant 125 fps when it wasn't happening.

Also if it helps at all JLV, some issues i notice when a stutter hits: If an input is given when a studder occurs, that input gets locked. For example if i shift up a gear i get stuck in that gear and have to shift up and down and up again to be able to get out of my current gear. Also happened to me when i went down and had to reverse, my reverse was stuck until i hit my reverse button again then i was good. Stutters seemed extra bad this update, but it could've just been alot of stress on whatever is causing the stutters from the erode test. Had to quit midway through because i could not even ride a clean lap around the track.
Same thing is happening to me too.
garrettolver
Team: MV Films

Post by garrettolver »

Game crashed both motos within the first ten minutes.
joejan88

Post by joejan88 »

yeeeeeeerrrrrr new snap is great thanks :)
cmiller493

Post by cmiller493 »

Anybody else keep losing sound while playing? Restarted the game and tried time trial and once I did a lap, I could hear my ghosts' bike but had no sound from mine. Once I close out and start the game back up it works for another minute or two and then goes silent.
cmiller493

Post by cmiller493 »

cmiller493 wrote:Anybody else keep losing sound while playing? Restarted the game and tried time trial and once I did a lap, I could hear my ghosts' bike but had no sound from mine. Once I close out and start the game back up it works for another minute or two and then goes silent.
Big lag spike as the sound goes out as well...
Honda 138
Team: @Moto.Fails

Post by Honda 138 »

The micro freezes are unbearable