2019-04-21 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Chandler Bloxom
Team: DaBaum Designs

Re: 2019-04-21 snapshot

Post by Chandler Bloxom »

chaseb31 wrote:Not sure if im any help at this @jlv, but I just raced my heat tonight and the stutter freezes are way worst. As the heat race goes on its fine the first couple laps then the stutter freezes comes into play. About every single 3rd second I get a stutter and freeze, and the freeze would get slightly longer each freeze. Almost seems something to do with erode as it builds.
I had the same problem and it was even happening for me in the outdoor server also. I have a beast PC and it still has the stutter problem and i shouldnt have that.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

Chandler Bloxom wrote:It was even happening for me in the outdoor server also. I have a beast PC and it still has the stutter problem and i shouldnt have that.
Likewise,
i7 6700k // 1080 and similar results with relatively low in-game settings.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

I have an AMD 8350 and a 660 and don't have issues. I only get like 80 fps with a full gate but not skipping :)
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

KaseoDip wrote:I have an AMD 8350 and a 660 and don't have issues. I only get like 80 fps with a full gate but not skipping :)
What's everyone running for the reshade delay?
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

aeffertz wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:I have an AMD 8350 and a 660 and don't have issues. I only get like 80 fps with a full gate but not skipping :)
What's everyone running for the reshade delay?
This is what I run
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

i7 8700k and 1080 and i play this with no lag

aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Hmm, I had mine at 1 and was getting the stutter every 2 seconds problem. Maybe I'll try increasing that and testing that out.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Just in case anyone missed this:
jlv wrote:If you're getting the stutter, two things would be helpful.

Type "/fpshist", do whatever makes the stutter happen, and type "/fpshist" again. Post the numbers. (It'll be in the lastlog so you can cut and paste it from there.) If you can do it with a demo it'd be better for the sake of repeatability.

Type "/reportstutter .25" in the chat screen, make the stutter happen, and post the lastlog file if it hits anything. If it doesn't say "Stutter in x - x seconds", you need to use a lower value. If you want, just post the fpshist numbers and I'll tell you a good value to use.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

jlv wrote:Just in case anyone missed this:
jlv wrote:If you're getting the stutter, two things would be helpful.

Type "/fpshist", do whatever makes the stutter happen, and type "/fpshist" again. Post the numbers. (It'll be in the lastlog so you can cut and paste it from there.) If you can do it with a demo it'd be better for the sake of repeatability.

Type "/reportstutter .25" in the chat screen, make the stutter happen, and post the lastlog file if it hits anything. If it doesn't say "Stutter in x - x seconds", you need to use a lower value. If you want, just post the fpshist numbers and I'll tell you a good value to use.
I would’ve done that during the races if I knew it was a thing :lol: I didn’t realize there was a new snapshot so I had to update at the last second. It seemed to me like the stutter got worse and worse as the race went on. And I’ve never had any stutter issues before this snapshot.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

AHeckman2 wrote:I would’ve done that during the races if I knew it was a thing :lol: I didn’t realize there was a new snapshot so I had to update at the last second. It seemed to me like the stutter got worse and worse as the race went on. And I’ve never had any stutter issues before this snapshot.
If you can make it happen with a demo that'd be better for the sake of repeatability. I'm going to need follow up tests to narrow it down to the exact spot it's happening.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

jlv wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:I would’ve done that during the races if I knew it was a thing :lol: I didn’t realize there was a new snapshot so I had to update at the last second. It seemed to me like the stutter got worse and worse as the race went on. And I’ve never had any stutter issues before this snapshot.
If you can make it happen with a demo that'd be better for the sake of repeatability. I'm going to need follow up tests to narrow it down to the exact spot it's happening.
I don’t think it happens in the demo :/ I’m pretty sure it only happens while riding.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

AHeckman2 wrote:
jlv wrote:
I don’t think it happens in the demo :/ I’m pretty sure it only happens while riding.
I didn't think demos eroded the track.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

aeffertz wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:
jlv wrote: If you can make it happen with a demo that'd be better for the sake of repeatability. I'm going to need follow up tests to narrow it down to the exact spot it's happening.
I didn't think demos eroded the track.
They do erode the track.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Wahlamt wrote:They do erode the track.
Will it erode the same as it did in the server? Do I need to adjust my .exe commands at all?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

aeffertz wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:They do erode the track.
Will it erode the same as it did in the server? Do I need to adjust my .exe commands at all?
It does like it did in the server.