To whoever is hacking Reg Keys

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
SMITH_119

To whoever is hacking Reg Keys

Post by SMITH_119 »

So, I've had the game for about 4-5 years, played on and off for that period, I've never really talked to or argued with anyone in the game to the point where someone would want to target me and hack me, I don't know a single person on the banned lists that RF puts out for hacking, and I've definitely never given my reg key to anyone. But someone hacked it and I messaged JLV about it and unfortunately he had to deactivate my key. He explained that he has to be very strict on hackers which I completely understand and agree with. It's just a bummer that this hacker must have randomly picked a key out of a hat and it happen to be mine which automatically puts me in the discussion of "hackers". I'm probably unknown and unimportant to most people because I never get involved in anything related to the game. hell i have 70 post in 4 years. I'm assuming if I bought a new reg key it would be immediately banned and I'm not going to make up a fake name just to attempt to play a game. I guess I'll have more time to spend with my wife now :shock: :lol: Suck though cause its an addicting game. Also sucks that hackers are ruining it. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Good luck
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: To whoever is hacking Reg Keys

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

PM me for $$$.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

I'm sorry Trey! That was in poor taste like many other posts of mine.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Reid

Post by Reid »

dang that sucks sorry trey. thats not fair at all tbh. youre getting punished for something you didnt do at all lol
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

Image leave them a message once known
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

Reid wrote:dang that sucks sorry trey. thats not fair at all tbh. youre getting punished for something you didnt do at all lol
yeah man. I don't think its fair either, I think JLV was kinda quick to just assume I am hacking and didn't ask me a single question about it, he just said sorry I have to deactive your key. I was in his elsinore 01 server when it happened so being the creator of the game I would think he'd be able to do a little bit of digging into it to find out who did it, but maybe im wrong and theres nothing he can do? I just would like to see the outcome if it would have been a player more involved like Jeremy or Checkerz maybe? Would he immediately shut their key down and not give them another one no questions asked? I thought by not getting involved with drama and toxic people in this game would be best but apparently anyone is at risk if me out of all people ended up in this situation.
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

SMITH_119 wrote:
Reid wrote:dang that sucks sorry trey. thats not fair at all tbh. youre getting punished for something you didnt do at all lol
yeah man. I don't think its fair either, I think JLV was kinda quick to just assume I am hacking and didn't ask me a single question about it, he just said sorry I have to deactive your key. I was in his elsinore 01 server when it happened so being the creator of the game I would think he'd be able to do a little bit of digging into it to find out who did it, but maybe im wrong and theres nothing he can do? I just would like to see the outcome if it would have been a player more involved like Jeremy or Checkerz maybe? Would he immediately shut their key down and not give them another one no questions asked? I thought by not getting involved with drama and toxic people in this game would be best but apparently anyone is at risk if me out of all people ended up in this situation.
It would be interesting to see what he would do if it were Jeremy or checkers but I don't think there is much he can do besides give you a new key for free. Did you ask for a new key?
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

Whiteracing204 wrote:
SMITH_119 wrote:
It would be interesting to see what he would do if it were Jeremy or checkers but I don't think there is much he can do besides give you a new key for free. Did you ask for a new key?
Yeah, he said he has to be strict about denying cheaters keys. Saying that I am the cheater in this situation..?
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

SMITH_119 wrote:
Whiteracing204 wrote:
SMITH_119 wrote: yeah man. I don't think its fair either, I think JLV was kinda quick to just assume I am hacking and didn't ask me a single question about it, he just said sorry I have to deactive your key. I was in his elsinore 01 server when it happened so being the creator of the game I would think he'd be able to do a little bit of digging into it to find out who did it, but maybe im wrong and theres nothing he can do? I just would like to see the outcome if it would have been a player more involved like Jeremy or Checkerz maybe? Would he immediately shut their key down and not give them another one no questions asked? I thought by not getting involved with drama and toxic people in this game would be best but apparently anyone is at risk if me out of all people ended up in this situation.
Yeah, he said he has to be strict about denying cheaters keys. Saying that I am the cheater in this situation..?
I really dont know... Either way your probably not going to get to play again unless you buy the game again.
Chandler Bloxom
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by Chandler Bloxom »

SMITH_119 wrote:So, I've had the game for about 4-5 years, played on and off for that period, I've never really talked to or argued with anyone in the game to the point where someone would want to target me and hack me, I don't know a single person on the banned lists that RF puts out for hacking, and I've definitely never given my reg key to anyone. But someone hacked it and I messaged JLV about it and unfortunately he had to deactivate my key. He explained that he has to be very strict on hackers which I completely understand and agree with. It's just a bummer that this hacker must have randomly picked a key out of a hat and it happen to be mine which automatically puts me in the discussion of "hackers". I'm probably unknown and unimportant to most people because I never get involved in anything related to the game. hell i have 70 post in 4 years. I'm assuming if I bought a new reg key it would be immediately banned and I'm not going to make up a fake name just to attempt to play a game. I guess I'll have more time to spend with my wife now :shock: :lol: Suck though cause its an addicting game. Also sucks that hackers are ruining it. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Good luck

I had basically the samething happen to me recently and waiting on my new one so its nice to have 2 weeks off
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

SMITH_119 wrote:So, I've had the game for about 4-5 years, played on and off for that period, I've never really talked to or argued with anyone in the game to the point where someone would want to target me and hack me, I don't know a single person on the banned lists that RF puts out for hacking, and I've definitely never given my reg key to anyone. But someone hacked it and I messaged JLV about it and unfortunately he had to deactivate my key. He explained that he has to be very strict on hackers which I completely understand and agree with. It's just a bummer that this hacker must have randomly picked a key out of a hat and it happen to be mine which automatically puts me in the discussion of "hackers". I'm probably unknown and unimportant to most people because I never get involved in anything related to the game. hell i have 70 post in 4 years. I'm assuming if I bought a new reg key it would be immediately banned and I'm not going to make up a fake name just to attempt to play a game. I guess I'll have more time to spend with my wife now :shock: :lol: Suck though cause its an addicting game. Also sucks that hackers are ruining it. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Good luck
I seriously doubt it was random. Based on the server log it was clear the person using your key knows you and is not friendly towards you now. I can see two possibilities. 1 - you willingly shared your key with this person before having a falling out with them. This is no big deal, you're just out a key. 2 - you were hacked and they now have access to your computer. If this is the case, you have much more to be worried about than just a key. You need to reformat your computer, then change the passwords on every account you use. They could easily have your bank info. The key is nothing compared to that.

As far as the key deactivation goes, either way you were a vector for a cheater to get a key. I can't let that happen. Like I said in my private message to you, I'm really sorry but this the one thing I have to be extremely strict about. I wish it weren't the case.
Chandler Bloxom wrote:I had basically the samething happen to me recently and waiting on my new one so its nice to have 2 weeks off
Your situation was completely different. You admitted you shared your key and your key has only been used by one IP address in the past few months. The one time you got a key stolen message you probably just double clicked and accidentally ran the game twice.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

jlv wrote:
I seriously doubt it was random. Based on the server log it was clear the person using your key knows you and is not friendly towards you now. I can see two possibilities. 1 - you willingly shared your key with this person before having a falling out with them. This is no big deal, you're just out a key. 2 - you were hacked and they now have access to your computer. If this is the case, you have much more to be worried about than just a key. You need to reformat your computer, then change the passwords on every account you use. They could easily have your bank info. The key is nothing compared to that.

As far as the key deactivation goes, either way you were a vector for a cheater to get a key. I can't let that happen. Like I said in my private message to you, I'm really sorry but this the one thing I have to be extremely strict about. I wish it weren't the case.
Chandler Bloxom wrote:I had basically the samething happen to me recently and waiting on my new one so its nice to have 2 weeks off
Your situation was completely different. You admitted you shared your key and your key has only been used by one IP address in the past few months. The one time you got a key stolen message you probably just double clicked and accidentally ran the game twice.
Yes I change my passwords to important accounts regularly. Back to the topic at hand, only "I" know that I've never given my key to anyone and I dont expect you believe my words since 90% of this community can't be trusted, but you still haven't answered my question about buying a new key. You said 'Im just out a key' ? what does that mean? You want me to buy a new one? I assume you'll just deactivate the next key i buy as well. I have nothing but respect for you but if I'm just not allowed to play the game anymore for something completely out of my control then that's pretty fucked up.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

SMITH_119 wrote:Yes I change my passwords to important accounts regularly. Back to the topic at hand, only "I" know that I've never given my key to anyone and I dont expect you believe my words since 90% of this community can't be trusted, but you still haven't answered my question about buying a new key. You said 'Im just out a key' ? what does that mean? You want me to buy a new one? I assume you'll just deactivate the next key i buy as well. I have nothing but respect for you but if I'm just not allowed to play the game anymore for something completely out of my control then that's pretty fucked up.
This is what makes me doubt people. If you really were hacked you should be extremely concerned about it. But no one ever seems too worried. This isn't something you just change your passwords for. If you were really pwned like that everything you do on that computer is being recorded by the hacker. You need to wipe that computer clean, reflash the BIOS and reinstall, then change all your passwords. New CPUs also have management engines that can be exploited to reinfect them after a reformat so even that won't be a sure thing. Might be easiest to just burn that PC if you were actually hacked.

If you get a new key I won't deactivate it unless something else happens.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

jlv wrote: This is what makes me doubt people. If you really were hacked you should be extremely concerned about it. But no one ever seems too worried. This isn't something you just change your passwords for. If you were really pwned like that everything you do on that computer is being recorded by the hacker. You need to wipe that computer clean, reflash the BIOS and reinstall, then change all your passwords. New CPUs also have management engines that can be exploited to reinfect them after a reformat so even that won't be a sure thing. Might be easiest to just burn that PC if you were actually hacked.

If you get a new key I won't deactivate it unless something else happens.
the reason im not that worried is because I've never done anything that bad to anyone that would cause someone to target me? I'm leaving this topic to rest. Thanks for the info, and ill go burn my pc.
TeamHavocRacing

Hmmmm. Maybe it didn't sink in? It's really dumb to think you need a reason to be targeted. That, or JLV totally called your bluff. Based on your last post, it looks like the latter is more likely.