Watch out for key stealing malware

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Re: Watch out for key stealing malware

Postby Whiteracing204 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:55 pm

jlv wrote:Some cheating dead enders are trying to steal keys by sending players malware. You obviously don't want to open anything sent to you unless you know it's legitimate.

When I deactivate keys I make no exceptions, so be careful!

So basically only touch things you trust 100%

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Postby Wahlamt » Fri May 24, 2019 4:19 am

Whiteracing204 wrote:
jlv wrote:Some cheating dead enders are trying to steal keys by sending players malware. You obviously don't want to open anything sent to you unless you know it's legitimate.

When I deactivate keys I make no exceptions, so be careful!

So basically only touch things you trust 100%

As you always should.

masond4
Team: fun bike center

Postby masond4 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:34 am

yo guys i was just playing sim on what ever server is on butterysmooth sx and i accidently unpluuged my speakers and didnt know what it was so i restarted my computer but after i did i noticed it was my speakers i went to load up mx sim again and recently its been telling me "mx.exe is not responding" and so i closed mx sim and went to get back on the server it told me my key was invalid and nothing was in the reg key tab, so i uninstalled all my tracks and gear and stuff because i heard about the malware thing and so i did that anything else i should do

masond4
Team: fun bike center

Postby masond4 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:36 am

and i never downloaded anything that i didn't trust, and i havent downloaded anything since i heard about it

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Fri May 31, 2019 2:48 am

masond4 wrote:yo guys i was just playing sim on what ever server is on butterysmooth sx and i accidently unpluuged my speakers and didnt know what it was so i restarted my computer but after i did i noticed it was my speakers i went to load up mx sim again and recently its been telling me "mx.exe is not responding" and so i closed mx sim and went to get back on the server it told me my key was invalid and nothing was in the reg key tab, so i uninstalled all my tracks and gear and stuff because i heard about the malware thing and so i did that anything else i should do

If you did a hard reset you could have corrupted your filesystem. Might have to reinstall the game. It's not related to the malware thing.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

Return to “General Discussion”