Site hacked?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Site hacked?

Post by JohnnyMac »

On my personal and work computer I got a redirected website along with sun microsystems agreement window opening. Happened while trying to post a reply and while browsing to main page. Very weird if it was just my personal computer, but my work computer with same page. I'll give more info if it comes up again. Seems random. Anyone else?
Jones221
Team: Trump

Re: Site hacked?

Post by Jones221 »

only one to win something real from the game!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

My web host's name server was hacked. A name server is what converts domain names to IP addresses (e.g. "mxsimulator.com" to 74.50.6.170). The server is supposed to be fixed now, but the incorrect IP address is still being cached by other name servers. The cached addresses can take a few days to expire.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

When I tried to get on to the forums last night, a white page with the message "Come back, one year!" came up. I thought that was strange
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you could get the IP address when it goes to the wrong site that would be great. "nslookup mxsimulator.com" should find it. "ping mxsimulator.com" will show it too.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.