Motion Capable?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Motion Capable?

Post by Norcal_51 »

Just wondering is MXS has the ability to use a motion simulator? I have a DOF P3 and I've used it with another MX game and it is so cool. Just curious.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Motion Capable?

Post by jlv »

No. This is the first time I've heard of it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

Does MXS export Telemetry in any way?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Not entirely sure, but perhaps --print-orientation helps, or if JLV has some other similar. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9179&p=214970
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

Print-orientation could definitely work, see: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... rientation

Those rigs look pretty cool, we use the low cost CKAS systems at work and now I want to start an after hours project! Do you have a bike set up on yours or just using the controller?
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

jlv wrote:No. This is the first time I've heard of it.
Norcal_51 wrote:Just wondering is MXS has the ability to use a motion simulator? I have a DOF P3 and I've used it with another MX game and it is so cool. Just curious.
Wahlamt wrote:Not entirely sure, but perhaps --print-orientation helps, or if JLV has some other similar. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9179&p=214970
I was actually able to emulate the feeling of using handlebars using the Nintendo Switch joycons. It took a lot of controller calibration and adjusting the stability of the rider in order for it to work properly, but after about a week of failed attempts I was able to make it somewhat playable. The biggest problem I ran into was the rider not leaning back up after a corner unless I went way in the opposite direction. There were also some problems with the controllers themselves and I ended up having to install some 3rd party software. I'll make a video when I have some free time.