Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

What would you prefer when it comes to discord.

Have a central hub for people to use like the HeyThereGuy TS and every team can have there own section or channel?
53
85%
Have discord the way it is now in a million different servers?
9
15%
 
Total votes: 62

User avatar
skraks
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:58 am
Team: www.evergood.co
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Contact:

Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby skraks » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:26 pm

The other night i took a throw back to the 2015-2016 mx simulator days and compared it to now. I knew the community had changed over the last few years obviously but i had no clue how much it had changed. From creators to communication such as the HeyThereGuy teamspeak we really have taken a step down (not dissing the current creators we have because you guys are really holding us in and producing quality content). Sure some aspects of the community have evolved for the better such as model quality and the way we race (erode, new rF owners and even mxsemf for a season) but it still does not feel the same whatsoever. I personally would like to see the community the way it was back then even if it means starting small. After talking to some people in the rF discord about what has changed and getting some ideas back i figured id see what other peoples thoughts were on the current state and what they would like to see.

So please leave your input below :)
Image

User avatar
Ddavis
Posts: 17504
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby Ddavis » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:12 pm

Mullins killed teamspeak.
Under construction...

User avatar
Ddavis
Posts: 17504
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby Ddavis » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:13 pm

In all seriousness though, ddosers killed TS. As far as I know you can't track IPs through discord, and discord also has easily accessible text channels that was harder to use with TS while comparing it to Discord.
Under construction...

Pumaxcs
Posts: 12979
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 pm
Team: Kyle/Luiz
Location: Western, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby Pumaxcs » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:17 pm

Did you say throwback to 2015? Being as I had played for 4 years then stopped in 2014 what was it like at that time? What killed it for me was the paid model and need for .saf's instead of everyone just sharing work and helping (not turning this into a paid discussion I'm for you getting money, chill). Why do you think things have gotten worse continuing from that time period?
Image
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.

MXS Cares

User avatar
Hi Im Skyqe
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm
Team: wat

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 am

Well I guess it is nice to be considered 'the' HeyThereGuy..

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7311
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:59 pm

I think what ruined the community was when I was given addresses and passwords to said TS servers.
You never see them go. They're always full. No one ever gets on, but they're always...they're always departing, but they never arrive...and the ones that do arrive, they never leave.

Mr. Wiggles
Posts: 836
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Team: MXGH/TGP
Contact:

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby Mr. Wiggles » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:42 pm

I love teamspeak I still have a ts server.
#mosthatedoneinmxsim

User avatar
James_122
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 pm
Team: Channel 4 News
Location: News Room

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby James_122 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 am

Vanderlee losing his virginity killed this game/teamspeak

User avatar
ColtHans
Posts: 1166
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 10:36 pm
Team: www.vlastmx.com

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby ColtHans » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:42 am

Ddavis wrote:In all seriousness though, ddosers killed TS. As far as I know you can't track IPs through discord, and discord also has easily accessible text channels that was harder to use with TS while comparing it to Discord.

you can track ip's on discord, alot harder tho -heard a from a friend
PM ME FOR CHEAP SKINS
MESS WITH THE COLT YOU GET THE HANS

User avatar
aeffertz
Posts: 3638
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 am
Team: W.B.G
Location: Wiscansin

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby aeffertz » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 pm

It’s an old game in a niche sport. No real surprise shits not popping off. Even in the years you listed, it was still tight-knit, even with teamspeak.

There’s an easy fix to paid content. Make the things people are paying for or want and release it for free. I haven’t looked at the available PSDs recently but I liked it when people did the paid exclusive and then a public release after a year or something.

The thing I dislike the most is how spread out the community is, it’s hard to even know what all is available or who’s who or what’s going on. There’s the forum, discord, TS, Facebook pages for content creators, etc. and each platform seems to have its own user base and a lot of them don’t seem to cross over for whatever reason. And that’s not a MXS problem, thats the problem for tons of websites/forums. Social media killed forums and forums always had more of a community aspect where you could actually start to know the user base because it was the only real place to talk about whatever.
Image

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 7399
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby Wahlamt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:21 am

aeffertz wrote:The thing I dislike the most is how spread out the community is, it’s hard to even know what all is available or who’s who or what’s going on. There’s the forum, discord, TS, Facebook pages for content creators, etc. and each platform seems to have its own user base and a lot of them don’t seem to cross over for whatever reason. And that’s not a MXS problem, thats the problem for tons of websites/forums. Social media killed forums and forums always had more of a community aspect where you could actually start to know the user base because it was the only real place to talk about whatever.

My exact opinions too. Well said.

User avatar
ROSE822
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:41 pm
Team: Hidden Design
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby ROSE822 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 pm

wheres the discord link at then champion
Image

Finalmushroom
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:43 pm
Team: Privateer
Location: Pacific North West

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Postby Finalmushroom » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:46 pm

skraks wrote:The other night i took a throw back to the 2015-2016 mx simulator days and compared it to now. I knew the community had changed over the last few years obviously but i had no clue how much it had changed. From creators to communication such as the HeyThereGuy teamspeak we really have taken a step down (not dissing the current creators we have because you guys are really holding us in and producing quality content). Sure some aspects of the community have evolved for the better such as model quality and the way we race (erode, new rF owners and even mxsemf for a season) but it still does not feel the same whatsoever. I personally would like to see the community the way it was back then even if it means starting small. After talking to some people in the rF discord about what has changed and getting some ideas back i figured id see what other peoples thoughts were on the current state and what they would like to see.

So please leave your input below :)


I've love a community Discord (if there isn't one already) that I can get on and get to know some people. I've really stopped playing as much and really have gotten into PUBG and Squad due to the community. Maybe its the people who play or just the ability to get into a game and easily talk to people that I enjoy, but there's something to be said here. Games are much more fun playing with friends and I think if we create an environment that allows us to do so easily, we'd get more individuals to play and chill out!

Also, it does seem harder to find chill people in this community compared to others. Maybe its just me but every time I get online on this game I'm quickly reminded why I stay offline. Kids T-boning and talking shit on text really gets old. IDK. :mrgreen:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SKlein and 5 guests