Automatic prediction

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Automatic prediction

Post by Wahlamt »

Atom6246 wrote:
jlv wrote:Wahlamt already explained it. Collisions would lag *way* behind the actual position. Not just a couple of feet. More like a full bike length at speed.
Thank you but I understood that from the first post you made. Mainly curious as to how the first gyazo I posted happened? (https://i.gyazo.com/acdaf0a4769555ee665 ... 0c065d.mp4)
Do you have his POV for that? Seems like a hail mary to the inside if we rule out cheating.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Wahlamt wrote:Do you have his POV for that? Seems like a hail mary to the inside if we rule out cheating.
I do not. I only grabbed my POV at the time, and it's pretty dated now so I definitely don't have the demo xd
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Atom6246 wrote:
jlv wrote:Wahlamt already explained it. Collisions would lag *way* behind the actual position. Not just a couple of feet. More like a full bike length at speed.
Thank you but I understood that from the first post you made. Mainly curious as to how the first gyazo I posted happened? (https://i.gyazo.com/acdaf0a4769555ee665 ... 0c065d.mp4)
What makes you think there was no prediction there?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

It's a function of ping. Set up your own server and boot anyone over 10ms.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

jlv wrote:What makes you think there was no prediction there?
Touché.
ddmx wrote:It's a function of ping. Set up your own server and boot anyone over 10ms.
Not exactly what I'm looking for lol.

Thank's for the input guys.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

ddmx wrote:It's a function of ping. Set up your own server and boot anyone over 10ms.
MXS lan party at the next Loretta Lynns?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

ddmx wrote:...boot anyone over 10ms.
This always should've been the case(within reason). The problem is, they were afraid to alienate the Aussies, French and other overseas participants. I always said they needed to discriminate the HPB's like almost every other online game. Instead, you have to have misplaced courtesy for someone with a lag bubble and get yelled at if you try to race them normally. Sound about right?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
ddmx wrote:...boot anyone over 10ms.
This always should've been the case(within reason). The problem is, they were afraid to alienate the Aussies, French and other overseas participants. I always said they needed to discriminate the HPB's like almost every other online game. Instead, you have to have misplaced courtesy for someone with a lag bubble and get yelled at if you try to race them normally. Sound about right?
Actually, the next server will have script access to ping times. So you could auto kick HPBs. Not sure I like the idea though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote:...auto kick HPBs. Not sure I like the idea though.
Having them race from overseas and getting lag bubble courtesy problems etc. has caused most of the yelling, hasn't it? Besides punting and other obvious issues aside.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Having them race from overseas and getting lag bubble courtesy problems etc. has caused most of the yelling, hasn't it? Besides punting and other obvious issues aside.
I guess, but the HPB will have the same disadvantage. Worse actually since for him every rider will have the lag bubble.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

looking at that post visually, i can see one common denominator, and his name is leghair, i mean leclair
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote:...for him every rider will have the lag bubble.
Oh shit. I didn't know it worked that way. Well, it ultimately is up to the host.