2010-06-20 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2010-06-20 snapshot

Post by jlv »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:Nevermind. I forgot that everyone goes straight into smart-ass mode whenever you post a suggestion or something you feel is a little off. Personally I don't have the strength to hold myself parallel to the bike with forearms straight while the bike free-wheels in a straight line over braking bumps and into the next corner. I guess Gary does though :roll: No point in arguing on here.
Sorry, I thought you meant he fell off too easily. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I think the gap between the rider and bike is because the rider and frame shapes are a little oversized (the collision files not the visible mesh). It didn't matter before since it never checked for collisions between the rider and bike.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Man JLV! You must be burnin' the midnight oil getting these snapshots out so quickly. Just downloaded the 6-20 snapshot and cant wait to see the difference. I was glad to find the tip about sitting on landings to reduce the chance of crashing, 'cause it works! Keep up the good work and I hope donations find their way to you.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

jlv wrote:Sorry, I thought you meant he fell off too easily. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I think the gap between the rider and bike is because the rider and frame shapes are a little oversized (the collision files not the visible mesh). It didn't matter before since it never checked for collisions between the rider and bike.

Hey sorry JLV that wasn't directed at you. I was just trying to point out that it seemed a little over the top in that instance, and I was thinking it may could happen at a point in time during a race that may make someone go way over a berm or down a hill when they shouldn't have. It was just feedback really. I love the snapshot. Bottom line is that the more eyes the better. There may be something that someone sees that maybe JLV was unaware of and if we don't point it out, it doesn't have the potential to be fixed. Just feedback, nothing more. Thanks again JLV
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
yomo

Post by yomo »

I haven't played the new snapshots with crashing included. I cant wait though, looks awesome!

I was just reading that as soon as a crash occurs you instantly lose control. Im not sure if that is entirely correct, but if it is, I think we should still be able to turn the bars a bit. Maybe not to save it, although being able to realistically save it would be pretty cool.

That video that was posted doing the superman style crash. Had that been the exact same scenario but the run off being 50 meters of dead flat ground, in theory, would the game allow him to superman for 25 meters if he was perfectly balanced before falling to the side as he slows down? If so, I think that needs to be addressed.

Maybe a system where if the handle bars are kept straight and gravity brings his legs down you can save it.

Just to set it straight. I DONT WANT something like reflex. That is crap.
Blesm#16

Post by Blesm#16 »

jlv wrote:
Servatis wrote:does the change in deadzone for a controller affect the deadzone i already set mself? cause i find steering to be very awkward with this snapshot and i think it's the deadzone.
The deadzone change only happens when you initially set the axis. Instead of (0, 1), it will now be (0.0625, 0.9375).
Hey jlv how do i install this i hear many ppl is complainning at me because i dont have it ...
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Open "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator" and replace the file named "mx.exe" or "mx" with the new exe.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

The latest snapshot is a perfect balance.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

I dont know if this has been mentioned before or not:

What if when the rider was catapulted off the seat into superman mode his legs reattached to the pegs but the stability settings were significantly tweaked for 2 seconds or so. It seems like it would be cool if you did have the chance to save it, though that would be extremely difficult. In my eyes, if you were bucked off after coming up short going straight, you would have a chance to keep the bike under you, whereas if you landed somewhat sideways the incredibly low stability would make it nearly impossible to save. I was thinking about myself riding, and if i get bucked up but stay centered, even a begginner rider like myself can make that save...so it should be possible in MXS. Granted im not getting bucked off in 4th pinned off a 300 foot jump, but the drop in stability could be changed per relative landing velocity/g-force. Does this make sense to anyone?

Highlight: When a rider is bucked off, feet fly up to superman position, then back to seat. Stability is lowered significantly(amount based on landing velo/force) for a given period of time(again based on velo/force). If you stay in a straight line, stability returns to normal. If you tip, you crash. Seems real?
Red619

Post by Red619 »

That sounds pretty cool dude.
colbystepp

Post by colbystepp »

i use google chrome so i cant do it the normal way so does anybody know how i can get it to work
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

what do you mean "the normal way"?

download the file. go to the folder that has your downloads, copy or cut the file and paste it into "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator".
then first rename the old mx.exe to something like mx-old.exe(so that you have a backup of the previous snapshot). and then rename the new mx-2010-06-20.exe to mx.exe.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
OllzMate

Post by OllzMate »

this probably is a stupid question but what is a deadzone?
Thanks
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

it's for the analog sticks on controllers. it's the distance you have to push one of the sticks before the game registers the movement.
the stick is never at the perfect center so without a deadzone the game will always register some steering even when you don't move the stick around.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

I cant download the snapshot, probably becouse you have changed the server.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I just uploaded the last few snapshots.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com