snapshot problem??

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Eat_Dirt

snapshot problem??

Post by Eat_Dirt »

when ever i try to run the snapshots or updates it always ends up saying "can't find game data" whats wrong???
INVADEtheLINE
Team: Privateer

Re: snapshot problem??

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

Ok, when you download a snapshot, all it is, is a link to execute the game.

1) Take that file (I assume you downloaded it to the Desktop), and move it into C:\Program Files\MX Simulator (The main directory folder..the one you put your skins in)
2) Right-click, and click "Create Shortcut". You might get a message that says "shortcut cannot be placed here, would you like to move it to the desktop instead?" If you do, click yes. If not, the shortcut will show up in that same folder- in which case you would then just move the shortcut to the desktop.
3) Now, once you have your created shortcut on the Desktop, right click, and enter "Properties"
4) In the "Target" field, just click at the end of the quote on ".exe", and hit SPACE ONE TIME then enter "--editor" without the quotes, and that enables the editor.

If you payed attention, it'll work. Now just run the game from that shortcut.
PM me if you need more help.
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

This will work:

1-Download the file into whatever folder you want.
2-Take the file and copy/paste it into your C/:program files/mxsim folder. DO NOT PLACE IT IN THE MX SIM PERSONAL FOLDER.
3-Find the file called mx.exe, and make a copy of it. Paste the copy into another folder not related to mx sim(i.e.documents). Make sure you COPIED and pasted, not CUT.
4-Go back to the mx sim program files folder and delete the mx.exe.
5-Rename your snapshot (which should be labeled mx-2008-06-21.exe or something to that effect) to mx.exe.
6-Now click the same shortcut you have always used and it should come right up.

ATTN: If using VISTA your computer may ask you to run the program or deny access. Choose run and it wil work just fine.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Eat_Dirt wrote:when ever i try to run the snapshots or updates it always ends up saying "can't find game data" whats wrong???
are u using full version?
the demo doesnt allow updates
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...