Mx sim lagging out

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
James_3
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:32 am
Team: Bullet Mx

Mx sim lagging out

Postby James_3 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:15 pm

hi i have a very good pc and was wondering why my game keep like lagging out My computer should run it jus fine it had jus started to do this

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13590
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Postby jlv » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 am

What do you mean by lagging out?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

froman459
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:09 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Postby froman459 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:28 am

are you getting like random freezes, and buttons sticking?
I've been dealing with that too, for a while. I have a pretty decent setup also.
I've tried a lot of possible fixes, nothing has worked yet.
459|Noob

R3dt3ch232
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:50 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Postby R3dt3ch232 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:03 pm

I started having a similar type issue. Recently when I run Time Trial, the first time I cross the finish line, the game will freeze for a few seconds. When it unfreezes, whatever inputs I had going on are stuck (throttle will be stuck wide open and any rider lean will also be stuck until I hit the stuck control again). I didn’t change anything in my settings and this just started but is repeatable 100% on any track. After the initial freeze it doesn’t do it again unless I switch tracks or bikes.

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13590
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Postby jlv » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:48 am

R3dt3ch232 wrote:I started having a similar type issue. Recently when I run Time Trial, the first time I cross the finish line, the game will freeze for a few seconds. When it unfreezes, whatever inputs I had going on are stuck (throttle will be stuck wide open and any rider lean will also be stuck until I hit the stuck control again). I didn’t change anything in my settings and this just started but is repeatable 100% on any track. After the initial freeze it doesn’t do it again unless I switch tracks or bikes.

That's from loading the demo for the ghost rider. If you have a slow disk or broken disk buffering it'll cause hitches when it's reading/writing demos. Not much I can do about it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

R3dt3ch232
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:50 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Postby R3dt3ch232 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:13 am

jlv wrote:
R3dt3ch232 wrote:I started having a similar type issue. Recently when I run Time Trial, the first time I cross the finish line, the game will freeze for a few seconds. When it unfreezes, whatever inputs I had going on are stuck (throttle will be stuck wide open and any rider lean will also be stuck until I hit the stuck control again). I didn’t change anything in my settings and this just started but is repeatable 100% on any track. After the initial freeze it doesn’t do it again unless I switch tracks or bikes.

That's from loading the demo for the ghost rider. If you have a slow disk or broken disk buffering it'll cause hitches when it's reading/writing demos. Not much I can do about it.


Strange...I loaded MX Sim on my 2nd PC and get the same behavior. Both systems have the game installed on an SSD.
System 1: i7 3770, 8 GB ram, GTX 950, 120GB SSD
System 2: i5 7600k, 16 GB ram, GTX 1080, 500 GB SSD

I have no problems with any other games I play (PUBG, Apex, Escape from Tarkov). I also noticed after digging that if I run on a track 2013 or older it doesn’t happen. Is there maybe a system setting that MX sim doesn’t agree with?

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13590
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Postby jlv » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:23 am

R3dt3ch232 wrote:Strange...I loaded MX Sim on my 2nd PC and get the same behavior. Both systems have the game installed on an SSD.
System 1: i7 3770, 8 GB ram, GTX 950, 120GB SSD
System 2: i5 7600k, 16 GB ram, GTX 1080, 500 GB SSD

I have no problems with any other games I play (PUBG, Apex, Escape from Tarkov). I also noticed after digging that if I run on a track 2013 or older it doesn’t happen. Is there maybe a system setting that MX sim doesn’t agree with?

I think it's a driver thing. Some systems you do a write and the OS buffers it like it should. Other systems appear to block until the write goes through. There is a write cache setting in Windows but enabling it didn't fix the bad systems if I remember correctly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

R3dt3ch232
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:50 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Postby R3dt3ch232 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:15 am

jlv wrote:
R3dt3ch232 wrote:Strange...I loaded MX Sim on my 2nd PC and get the same behavior. Both systems have the game installed on an SSD.
System 1: i7 3770, 8 GB ram, GTX 950, 120GB SSD
System 2: i5 7600k, 16 GB ram, GTX 1080, 500 GB SSD

I have no problems with any other games I play (PUBG, Apex, Escape from Tarkov). I also noticed after digging that if I run on a track 2013 or older it doesn’t happen. Is there maybe a system setting that MX sim doesn’t agree with?

I think it's a driver thing. Some systems you do a write and the OS buffers it like it should. Other systems appear to block until the write goes through. There is a write cache setting in Windows but enabling it didn't fix the bad systems if I remember correctly.


Well thanks for taking time to answer. It’s not a deal breaker for me or anything. Just a tad bit annoying, but I’m so slow I wouldn’t be much farther down the track anyhow :lol:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests