Mx sim lagging out

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
James_3

Mx sim lagging out

Post by James_3 »

hi i have a very good pc and was wondering why my game keep like lagging out My computer should run it jus fine it had jus started to do this
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Mx sim lagging out

Post by jlv »

What do you mean by lagging out?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
froman459
Team: Privateer

Post by froman459 »

are you getting like random freezes, and buttons sticking?
I've been dealing with that too, for a while. I have a pretty decent setup also.
I've tried a lot of possible fixes, nothing has worked yet.
459|Noob
R3dt3ch232

Post by R3dt3ch232 »

I started having a similar type issue. Recently when I run Time Trial, the first time I cross the finish line, the game will freeze for a few seconds. When it unfreezes, whatever inputs I had going on are stuck (throttle will be stuck wide open and any rider lean will also be stuck until I hit the stuck control again). I didn’t change anything in my settings and this just started but is repeatable 100% on any track. After the initial freeze it doesn’t do it again unless I switch tracks or bikes.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

R3dt3ch232 wrote:I started having a similar type issue. Recently when I run Time Trial, the first time I cross the finish line, the game will freeze for a few seconds. When it unfreezes, whatever inputs I had going on are stuck (throttle will be stuck wide open and any rider lean will also be stuck until I hit the stuck control again). I didn’t change anything in my settings and this just started but is repeatable 100% on any track. After the initial freeze it doesn’t do it again unless I switch tracks or bikes.
That's from loading the demo for the ghost rider. If you have a slow disk or broken disk buffering it'll cause hitches when it's reading/writing demos. Not much I can do about it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
R3dt3ch232

Post by R3dt3ch232 »

jlv wrote:
R3dt3ch232 wrote:I started having a similar type issue. Recently when I run Time Trial, the first time I cross the finish line, the game will freeze for a few seconds. When it unfreezes, whatever inputs I had going on are stuck (throttle will be stuck wide open and any rider lean will also be stuck until I hit the stuck control again). I didn’t change anything in my settings and this just started but is repeatable 100% on any track. After the initial freeze it doesn’t do it again unless I switch tracks or bikes.
That's from loading the demo for the ghost rider. If you have a slow disk or broken disk buffering it'll cause hitches when it's reading/writing demos. Not much I can do about it.
Strange...I loaded MX Sim on my 2nd PC and get the same behavior. Both systems have the game installed on an SSD.
System 1: i7 3770, 8 GB ram, GTX 950, 120GB SSD
System 2: i5 7600k, 16 GB ram, GTX 1080, 500 GB SSD

I have no problems with any other games I play (PUBG, Apex, Escape from Tarkov). I also noticed after digging that if I run on a track 2013 or older it doesn’t happen. Is there maybe a system setting that MX sim doesn’t agree with?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

R3dt3ch232 wrote:Strange...I loaded MX Sim on my 2nd PC and get the same behavior. Both systems have the game installed on an SSD.

I have no problems with any other games I play (PUBG, Apex, Escape from Tarkov). I also noticed after digging that if I run on a track 2013 or older it doesn’t happen. Is there maybe a system setting that MX sim doesn’t agree with?
I think it's a driver thing. Some systems you do a write and the OS buffers it like it should. Other systems appear to block until the write goes through. There is a write cache setting in Windows but enabling it didn't fix the bad systems if I remember correctly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
R3dt3ch232

Post by R3dt3ch232 »

jlv wrote:
R3dt3ch232 wrote:Strange...I loaded MX Sim on my 2nd PC and get the same behavior. Both systems have the game installed on an SSD.

I think it's a driver thing. Some systems you do a write and the OS buffers it like it should. Other systems appear to block until the write goes through. There is a write cache setting in Windows but enabling it didn't fix the bad systems if I remember correctly.
Well thanks for taking time to answer. It’s not a deal breaker for me or anything. Just a tad bit annoying, but I’m so slow I wouldn’t be much farther down the track anyhow :lol: