MX Simulator for Beginners

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
User avatar
felipevonzuben
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Brazil

MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby felipevonzuben » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:00 am

Hi guys, my name is Felipe, I am fairly new on the game and starting to get on 2 wheels most of the time.
Since I am a new player, I am finding myself with a lot of doubts to understand not only how to play, but also how this whole game/comunity works.

I am not a teenager (I am over 30 to be honest) and play/practice everyday is not a possibility to me, so this whole process turns a bit more dificult to me.

Also I am from Brazil, so english is my second language, wich also makes everything on a next level haha

BUT, I am creating this topic (hope I am not doing anything wrong on the forum rules) to keep updating my experience and maybe help new players.
One thing that I found and still finding hard is to find all the basics in one topic. You can find it, but it is all separated in differents topics (remember, I am over 30 and don't have all the time in the world!).

So, during the next days/weeks I hope to keep updating things that I am learning. Hope I'll help you in any way!

User avatar
felipevonzuben
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Brazil

Re: MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby felipevonzuben » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:12 am

:: Subject >> Controller

Use my xbox controller definetely helped me to get "better" on the game.
I am a mac user, so in this case all you need to do is download the controller drive (https://github.com/360Controller/360Con ... .0-alpha.5) and install.
Then you get you Xbox controller and use the charger cord to plug the controller on the USB port on your mac.
If not work imediately, restart you computer.

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7501
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 pm

Welcome Felipe! You've already started out with two penalties lol. One is being Brazilian(we had a very crazy Brazilian here before). Two is being a Mac user. I am joking of course! :lol: I'd say you need to learn to manual shift first so you can use gearing to your advantage, like engine braking. Also, learn to ride with a stability setting below 20 as soon a you can. Of course it will take time to get used to the physics of this sim. The rest is a setup you like. Here is a lot of setups... http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4273
Good Luck! Have Fun!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.

nathanjames
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby nathanjames » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:47 pm

felipevonzuben wrote:Hi guys, my name is Felipe, I am fairly new on the game and starting to get on 2 wheels most of the time.
Since I am a new player, I am finding myself with a lot of doubts to understand not only how to play, but also how this whole game/comunity works.

I am not a teenager (I am over 30 to be honest) and play/practice everyday is not a possibility to me, so this whole process turns a bit more dificult to me.

Also I am from Brazil, so english is my second language, wich also makes everything on a next level haha

BUT, I am creating this topic (hope I am not doing anything wrong on the forum rules) to keep updating my experience and maybe help new players.
One thing that I found and still finding hard is to find all the basics in one topic. You can find it, but it is all separated in differents topics (remember, I am over 30 and don't have all the time in the world!).

So, during the next days/weeks I hope to keep updating things that I am learning. Hope I'll help you in any way!


Hey man! I am 28 and also play on a mac so if you have any questions hit me up on discord nathanjames#3008

User avatar
felipevonzuben
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Brazil

Re: MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby felipevonzuben » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:59 am

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Welcome Felipe! You've already started out with two penalties lol. One is being Brazilian(we had a very crazy Brazilian here before). Two is being a Mac user. I am joking of course! :lol: I'd say you need to learn to manual shift first so you can use gearing to your advantage, like engine braking. Also, learn to ride with a stability setting below 20 as soon a you can. Of course it will take time to get used to the physics of this sim. The rest is a setup you like. Here is a lot of setups... http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4273
Good Luck! Have Fun!


I don't know why I am not surprised that words CRAZY and BRAZILIAN are together on a sentence hahah

My stability is at 40 now, so I am going to try to bring it down and also start to drive on manual either.

Thanks for the tips!

User avatar
felipevonzuben
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Brazil

Re: MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby felipevonzuben » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:03 am

nathanjames wrote:
felipevonzuben wrote:Hi guys, my name is Felipe, I am fairly new on the game and starting to get on 2 wheels most of the time.
Since I am a new player, I am finding myself with a lot of doubts to understand not only how to play, but also how this whole game/comunity works.

I am not a teenager (I am over 30 to be honest) and play/practice everyday is not a possibility to me, so this whole process turns a bit more dificult to me.

Also I am from Brazil, so english is my second language, wich also makes everything on a next level haha

BUT, I am creating this topic (hope I am not doing anything wrong on the forum rules) to keep updating my experience and maybe help new players.
One thing that I found and still finding hard is to find all the basics in one topic. You can find it, but it is all separated in differents topics (remember, I am over 30 and don't have all the time in the world!).

So, during the next days/weeks I hope to keep updating things that I am learning. Hope I'll help you in any way!


Hey man! I am 28 and also play on a mac so if you have any questions hit me up on discord nathanjames#3008



Cool Nathan! I am not online on Discord most of the time but I will defenetly touch bases latter with you!
OFF: I saw that you are from Toronto... I lived there for almost 3 years! Miss this city A LOT!!!

User avatar
felipevonzuben
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Brazil

Re: MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby felipevonzuben » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:56 am

I already have some updates after the tips from the friends above.

Turns out that I was with my stability at 60 and not 40. But I brought to 20 like TeamHavocRacing sugested me and it was REALLY hard!
I also copied the rest of the setups from here (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4273).

So I decided than turn up the stability to 40 and it feels a lot better (hope to get low from little to little). I also started to use manual shift gear, it stills a bit hard to decide what buttons on controller I should use, but I tought that I was going to be way harder than it was.
Honestly I didn't fell much difference on using gear power on the engine, maybe because I am not fast enought.

Well, the final results with manual shift, new setup and stability on 40 was 6 seconds faster from my best lap at Alcrest track so far (01m13s03)!!!

If I am not abusing too much from you guys, I would like to let 2 questions:

- What bike you think is better for my to ride? Im on a RM 250 (2008).
- That is a track that you recomend for a guy like me? I am basicly riding on the default tracks from the game.

Thanks for the help!

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7501
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: MX Simulator for Beginners

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm

If you have already played racing games, try to keep the controls the same as much as possible. It's good to try settings to see how they feel, like you did with stability. You will see that most setups are very stiff, meaning that they have high compression damping and spring stiffness. Try to change each of those settings one at a time to see what they do. I'm sure you'll find someone to help with getting started faster.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 55 guests