erode sucks

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: erode sucks

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Jrife548 wrote:I ran a 125 race on 2018 Glen Helen with erode.. 1 erode, 60 riders. There was 0 chop. None at all. Track was rough as shit but there weren't any triangles in the ruts preventing you from accelerating because you're essentially riding across a nail bed through the whole thing. It was insanely fun riding erode that actually functioned and didn't form ruts that looked like a heart monitor gradient.

If erode could go back to how it was in 2018, erode would be fantastic. Don't really know what happened along the way..
That sounds like how erode tests went. When people don't know the fast lines or alternate lines erode works awesome. It doesn't work as well when people use one line.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

jlv wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:is there anyway possible so when you go through the rut it smooths out the 'Erode'?? sort of like the smooth tool in track editor?
A bigger radius will give you smoother bumps.
would it be an option like erode 'Server, Erode 0.4' you could do the same with smooth but 'Server,Smooth 0.15' or something along the lines to take the choppiness out of the ruts?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

ROSE822 wrote:
jlv wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:is there anyway possible so when you go through the rut it smooths out the 'Erode'?? sort of like the smooth tool in track editor?
would it be an option like erode 'Server, Erode 0.4' you could do the same with smooth but 'Server,Smooth 0.15' or something along the lines to take the choppiness out of the ruts?
You'd have to change the tilemap or some factor of it I assume.
Glizzyz
Team: Privateer

Post by Glizzyz »

ROSE822 wrote:
jlv wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Glizzyz wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:
jlv wrote: A bigger radius will give you smoother bumps.
Already answered. Use a larger radius in the tilemap settings.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

jlv wrote:
Glizzyz wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:

maybe i explain it wrong but i meant during a Race with erode forming throughout the race with something like what i tried explain above this message? was wondering if it was a good idea or maybe we could atleast try it before outdoors starts?
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

ROSE822 wrote:
jlv wrote:
Glizzyz wrote:

maybe i explain it wrong but i meant during a Race with erode forming throughout the race with something like what i tried explain above this message? was wondering if it was a good idea or maybe we could atleast try it before outdoors starts?
maybe like your rear wheel is dragging a smooth tool while its eroding if thats easier to understand to remove the choppiness in the ruts with something like Server, Smooth 0.05 or so
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

ROSE822 wrote:maybe like your rear wheel is dragging a smooth tool while its eroding if thats easier to understand to remove the choppiness in the ruts with something like Server, Smooth 0.05 or so
Larger radius = smoother features.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

jlv wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:maybe like your rear wheel is dragging a smooth tool while its eroding if thats easier to understand to remove the choppiness in the ruts with something like Server, Smooth 0.05 or so
Larger radius = smoother features.
im not on about 'Track Editor' im on about the rear wheel causing the erode and then following the erode 'WHILE RACING' would it be possible to have something like 'SERVER, SMOOTH 0.05' following the erode to smooth it out to a degree to help with choppiness... so basically the smooth tool is attached to your rear wheel like the erode.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Jesus kid! Learn to take no for an answer. ffs
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Jesus kid! Learn to take no for an answer. ffs
he doesn't get what im saying, he still thinks im on about Track Editor. im not a kid so shut up. ffs
TeamHavocRacing

ROSE822 wrote:im not a kid so shut up. ffs
Then quit acting like a petulant brat! I'm certain he fully understands the question. He's gotten this far.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:im not a kid so shut up. ffs
Then quit acting like a petulant brat! I'm certain he fully understands the question. He's gotten this far.
stop talking down to me you utter shrimp. he obviously doesn't understand because hes talking about Track Editor, and to me it seems like you don't know what i mean either.
TeamHavocRacing

I think all here understand that you think the rear tire should have a smoothing tool. What the hell else could you mean? JLV DIRECTLY answered your question FOUR times. How in the fuck is that confusion, except on your part. I forgot to mention the entitlement issues you have too.
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I think all here understand that you think the rear tire should have a smoothing tool. What the hell else could you mean? JLV DIRECTLY answered your question FOUR times. How in the fuck is that confusion, except on your part. I forgot to mention the entitlement issues you have too.
shouldn't you be at bingo or something old man?