erode sucks

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Jaruro38

Re: erode sucks

Postby Jaruro38 » Sat May 09, 2020 4:41 pm

ROSE822 wrote:2016/17 was the best year for racing tbf

motokid499
Team: Premium MotoSpodes

Postby motokid499 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:00 pm

2016 supercross was built almost perfectly. The scaling was a great in between realistic and overscaled, the jump shapes were perfect on some tracks just like irl, the problem with 2016 was the fucked amount of traction that allowed us to go upside down in corners. Felt like pavement, but that's a problem even with today's tracks. I think there's been too much traction for years. Feels like I'm playing a super moto game sometimes and all the tracks are low-key pavement
Tanner Rogers

ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Postby ROSE822 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 pm

motokid499 wrote:

2016 supercross was built almost perfectly. The scaling was a great in between realistic and overscaled, the jump shapes were perfect on some tracks just like irl, the problem with 2016 was the fucked amount of traction that allowed us to go upside down in corners. Felt like pavement, but that's a problem even with today's tracks. I think there's been too much traction for years. Feels like I'm playing a super moto game sometimes and all the tracks are low-key pavement

Even the outdoors, it felt like racing was a thing back then, now you're fighting for survival

Haberfield24

Postby Haberfield24 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:02 pm

ROSE822 wrote:Even the outdoors, it felt like racing was a thing back then, now you're fighting for survival

You've never heard a pro come off a track and talk about survival mode because it was gnarly?

16/17 were the worst years of sim for me, when i barely played because of just how stale the game was getting. Sure if you started in 15/16 the game was still fresh and exciting. But most people playing since 2012 would probably say otherwise. When i heard about racing with erode during the 2017 off season it pulled me back to playing the game for 2018 SX. Erode wasn't the greatest but it made the game feel totally different for me, yes you got random kickers and some weeks the ruts were horrible but everyone was playing the exact same track.

I feel like our main problem now is trying to cater for people who don't want to invest in better PC's. Imo if you don't want to spend the money on the right equipment you should go and play on an Xbox or PS4. You don't see big competitive games like CS:GO worsening the gameplay for a small handful of low tier players who want to play on their grandmas Dell laptop. But anyone you see who wants to be good and competitve buys the right equipment to do so.

Same as IRL, if someone wants to go racing competitively they don't show up on a 2001 CR125.

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Mon May 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Agreed. Seems like just a few squeaky wheels get the grease that may not be compatible with all wheel bearings. Also, a lot of people come in here talking about different traction throughout the season. Every time a creator come in and says "same traction all year". It's a mental game and many are just mental.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.

Jaruro38

Postby Jaruro38 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Haberfield24 wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:Even the outdoors, it felt like racing was a thing back then, now you're fighting for survival

You've never heard a pro come off a track and talk about survival mode because it was gnarly?

16/17 were the worst years of sim for me, when i barely played because of just how stale the game was getting. Sure if you started in 15/16 the game was still fresh and exciting. But most people playing since 2012 would probably say otherwise. When i heard about racing with erode during the 2017 off season it pulled me back to playing the game for 2018 SX. Erode wasn't the greatest but it made the game feel totally different for me, yes you got random kickers and some weeks the ruts were horrible but everyone was playing the exact same track.

I feel like our main problem now is trying to cater for people who don't want to invest in better PC's. Imo if you don't want to spend the money on the right equipment you should go and play on an Xbox or PS4. You don't see big competitive games like CS:GO worsening the gameplay for a small handful of low tier players who want to play on their grandmas Dell laptop. But anyone you see who wants to be good and competitve buys the right equipment to do so.

Same as IRL, if someone wants to go racing competitively they don't show up on a 2001 CR125.

In your opinion, what is the right equipment to race competitively in a 2007 game?

Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 pm

The more you spend the better your performance will be. CPU with high single core speeds. NVIDIA higher tier GPU, install NVIDIA Inspector (3rd Party) to optimize 3D settings as majority are no longer in the control panel.

WillSt24
Team: MadCape

Postby WillSt24 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Bubba40 wrote:Off-topic little bit but I feel that erode has not made any progress or changed in supercross since 2018. I know content creators are working very hard to change and progress erode but it just feels broken with games physics, like how are supposed to change lines when people run a dab 60 and they can just lean it over and hit 25-40 mph around a corner no matter how rough or small corner gets creating a giant one line track. This is just for supercross but it was the worse experience racing with the playdough version, no stadium, one line track with random kickers that you could not see, ruts that were also super hard to see. I'm just not a fan of how one line erode tracks are and how you do not have to change lines. I think non erode had more line choices for passing for sx.

+1
Remember when people used to keep playing the tracks (SX/MX) when the Replica race (rF) was done? Nobody does that anymore, well I don't. Because it takes laps and laps to have a good track to play on but at the end the erode is still not as good as the tracks we used to race in '17. I've never played that many custom tracks from the people giving us content for free since the introduction of Erode.

What I don't get is that, after 3 years, like Hunter said, erode has not made any progress or changed since '18. Even the MX rough versions of the tracks, you can go throught a perfect realistic section to one that has eroded so bad that it doesn't make any sense. With the minimal progress it has made, how inconsistent it is and how good (from my point of view) the racing/gameplay was before without any major problems, did rF ever considered giving up and going back to what it used to be back then?

Haberfield24 wrote:I feel like our main problem now is trying to cater for people who don't want to invest in better PC's.

I've seen multiple people win races and do good on their shitty laptop beating people with competitive setups/tryhards even tho talent does it all.
Same as IRL, we've seen people show up not having the factory equipment but beat people's ass.
This makes senses but it doesn't at the same time.

And It is not because your PC can't handle erode that you're going to say it isnt realistic/bad. People that have competitive PC setups worth thousands of $ will be the first one complaining about it imo

ROSE822 wrote:2016/17 was the best year for racing

I'm saying all this but at the end of the day we're all gonna keep playing whatever this game brings or change!
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]

Atom6246
Team: Ayetom.com

Postby Atom6246 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:39 am

WillSt24 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote:Off-topic little bit but I feel that erode has not made any progress or changed in supercross since 2018.

+1
What I don't get is that, after 3 years, like Hunter said, erode has not made any progress or changed since '18.

I wasn't going to post but I couldn't stand seeing the same comment being repeated without any evidence.

2020:

2018 (Same time during the race):

WillSt24

Postby WillSt24 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:56 am

Atom6246 wrote:
WillSt24 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote:Off-topic little bit but I feel that erode has not made any progress or changed in supercross since 2018.

+1
What I don't get is that, after 3 years, like Hunter said, erode has not made any progress or changed since '18.

I wasn't going to post but I couldn't stand seeing the same comment being repeated without any evidence.

2020:

2018 (Same time during the race):

You're right Atom but still, other than the ruts not being walls but more tiny and less line choices (As we can see on the 3rd picture, 2 lines were developing in the corner entry) I don't think there can be any more progress than that with how the game physics are / erode settings, as mentioned before by others. So maybe we simply did reach the limits of erode?
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |

Haberfield24

Postby Haberfield24 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:08 am

WillSt24 wrote:
Haberfield24 wrote:I feel like our main problem now is trying to cater for people who don't want to invest in better PC's.

I've seen multiple people win races and do good on their shitty laptop beating people with competitive setups/tryhards even tho talent does it all.
Same as IRL, we've seen people show up not having the factory equipment but beat people's ass.
This makes senses but it doesn't at the same time.

And It is not because your PC can't handle erode that you're going to say it isnt realistic/bad. People that have competitive PC setups worth thousands of $ will be the first one complaining about it imo

I think you're totally misreading what i mean, RF make the tracks less laggy to cater for a wider range of people. The better erode settings require bigger resolutions of mapping which = more lag which = bad PC's becoming unplayable.

If we make erode more precise it's way harder on the machine but a much better racing expeirence. So i'm not saying you need a good PC to run the current erode, i'm saying if we run better erode settings the people who happily sit on 60fps every week will be on 8fps.

My point is the people who invest time and money into a good setup shouldn't have a bad experience (not that its bad currently) because the guys who don't want to invest would complain.

WillSt24

Postby WillSt24 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:24 am

Haberfield24 wrote:I think you're totally misreading what i mean, RF make the tracks less laggy to cater for a wider range of people. The better erode settings require bigger resolutions of mapping which = more lag which = bad PC's becoming unplayable.

If we make erode more precise it's way harder on the machine but a much better racing expeirence. So i'm not saying you need a good PC to run the current erode, i'm saying if we run better erode settings the people who happily sit on 60fps every week will be on 8fps.

My point is the people who invest time and money into a good setup shouldn't have a bad experience (not that its bad currently) because the guys who don't want to invest would complain.

Oh yeah I didn't see it that way, your last statement couldn't be more true.
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |

mx201
Team: Madcape

Postby mx201 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:33 am

Erode is sick, I think it adds a skill gap during races and we dont have as many try hards who can just hit the exact same line every lap for 35mins.
Logan "Indiana Jones" Leitzel

Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Tue May 12, 2020 4:44 am

WillSt24 wrote:You're right Atom but still, other than the ruts not being walls but more tiny and less line choices (As we can see on the 3rd picture, 2 lines were developing in the corner entry) I don't think there can be any more progress than that with how the game physics are / erode settings, as mentioned before by others. So maybe we simply did reach the limits of erode?

There is still TONS of development to be made in erode. Like others and myself have posted, help is needed from JLV to make it more attainable.

VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Postby VUSTTOS » Tue May 12, 2020 5:39 am

mx201 wrote:Erode is sick, I think it adds a skill gap during races and we dont have as many try hards who can just hit the exact same line every lap for 35mins.

Tracks are mostly flat, where's the skill gap in a flat track? Also, by due the small premade ruts and bumps, the ruts and bumps ends up being almost the same every race so basically, once you have played a few races in the same track, you already know how where the ruts and bumps are going to be.

Return to “General Discussion”