So, i made a petition

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
LewisWilliams
Team: Impact

Re: So, i made a petition

Post by LewisWilliams »

jlv wrote:
LewisWilliams wrote:I Don't think you understand what i'm saying, at no point have i mentioned "Re-Writing the whole game" Graphics And Erode don't mean shit to a lot of us as much as the ability to run the game at a solid 125FPS, Right now with OBJ's and Erode NASA can't even do that. Just optimisation updates, there is no way we should need the PC's we have just to get a constant 125FPS On medium with sim, updating to a newer version of OpenGL Might just open the door to some better optimisation. And as JLV Has stated himself its not a massive load like a lot of people think it is. a lot of the players who actually race pro don't really care about the graphics, sim is what it is because of that and changing them would be weird. And Erode can be played with over-time, its not unplayable right now as long as you aren't affected by you guessed it, lag... Just optimisation updates and bug fixes are what this game needs, screw the graphics they're fine and we have enough features. just make the game playable i guess :)
One thing you should be aware of is that while there are optimizations to be made to the game, mostly in the terrain rendering, billboard rendering and erode processing, there isn't much I can do about models with huge triangle counts with no LODs. Those will be slow no matter what graphics API you use.
Yeah i get that, its not so much about skins either, if i could run 125fps with max graphics and OBJ's and stick figures, i'd be plenty happy, just having the best versions of the track with the best visibility really
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

jlv wrote:One thing you should be aware of is that while there are optimizations to be made to the game, mostly in the terrain rendering, billboard rendering and erode processing, there isn't much I can do about models with huge triangle counts with no LODs. Those will be slow no matter what graphics API you use.
So true. Btw, do you still have in your plans releasing the models you were making?
Alex V111#1017
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

That blank model preview render still lurks in the shadows of the top banner alright! :twisted: I think JLV said that by the time he got finished with all of the models, it would be next year by then and he would always be behind. The extra man hours for free were too daunting, again I'm vaguely remembering.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

VUSTTOS wrote:
jlv wrote:One thing you should be aware of is that while there are optimizations to be made to the game, mostly in the terrain rendering, billboard rendering and erode processing, there isn't much I can do about models with huge triangle counts with no LODs. Those will be slow no matter what graphics API you use.
So true. Btw, do you still have in your plans releasing the models you were making?
That's really the most important thing I should be working on. A lot of stuff happened where I had to solve problems with DDoS attacks and cheaters that distracted from that. It's still far from ready. The high detail (i.e. just used for baking, not actually in-game) mesh is complete. I was working on the first LOD and really struggling with getting the cage mesh for baking right when I had to drop it. (If you don't know, the cage is a separate mesh that defines which areas of the high detail mesh bake to which polygons on the simplified mesh.) Definitely need to get back on that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Post by Smidly »

jlv wrote: That's really the most important thing I should be working on. A lot of stuff happened where I had to solve problems with DDoS attacks and cheaters that distracted from that. It's still far from ready. The high detail (i.e. just used for baking, not actually in-game) mesh is complete. I was working on the first LOD and really struggling with getting the cage mesh for baking right when I had to drop it. (If you don't know, the cage is a separate mesh that defines which areas of the high detail mesh bake to which polygons on the simplified mesh.) Definitely need to get back on that.
Yeah that's cool and all but when are you adding realistic bone snapping sounds?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Scripting now allows that. It's the imagination that's the only limit. You could also have grunts, moans, squirting sounds, the mac and cheese mushing sound etc.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Post by Smidly »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Scripting now allows that. It's the imagination that's the only limit. You could also have grunts, moans, squirting sounds, the mac and cheese mushing sound etc.
I'm all for the squirting sounds B)