MX Sim API?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MX Sim API?

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:28 pm Might it be possible to grab the 3rd person camera settings to calculate the offset difference for a more accurate bike position? And something to tell if the camera is 1st or 3rd person?
Could you just record a demo and do the mapping by playing the demo back first person?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:40 am Could you just record a demo and do the mapping by playing the demo back first person?
Possibly, but I thought it might be nice to get live data from a server as you're qualifying, could be useful for people and comparing qualifying lines with each other. Just thought it might be cool to have live data being recorded and mapped but since it would only work for first person players it kind of defeats the purpose for a majority of riders.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:43 am Possibly, but I thought it might be nice to get live data from a server as you're qualifying, could be useful for people and comparing qualifying lines with each other. Just thought it might be cool to have live data being recorded and mapped but since it would only work for first person players it kind of defeats the purpose for a majority of riders.
I'm not sure exactly what information you'd want to produce but you could probably do that with a track script.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:16 am I'm not sure exactly what information you'd want to produce but you could probably do that with a track script.
True, but this would be either track or server specific based on the whether I developed a track or server script. It would be cool to build a universal application that would be applicable to every track in every server based on the information given from stdout.