One joystick or Both?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Bhaustin2
Team: Privateer

One joystick or Both?

Post by Bhaustin2 »

Been plying sim on and off since like 2013. Been wanting to improve my speed and be alittle more competitive and feel like my controller setup is holding me back. Holding a line through ruts and breaking bumps is the biggest struggle for me.
I have all my rider movement on the left joystick.
Team: CANVAS

Re: One joystick or Both?

Post by 317 »

I have personally played MX Sim with two joysticks my entire playing experience;
I am currently on an Xbox 1 controller and I run my Left / Right on the left analog stick, and my Lean Forward / Lean Back on my right analog stick;

I also have my 'Sit Dab' on my right analog stick 'click button', so I can lean forward backward and sit down on the same stick.

I use my 'X' button to shift up, and my 'B' button to shift down.

My right thumb moves at ultra light speed to shift up/down, while also hopping back to my right analog stick to leanforward and backward;

I personally think running two joysticks is the key to having more 'feeling' in MXSim!
But some people get so used to their controller setup, it's nearly impossible to switch and be as 'good' as you are normally;

Ultimately if you want to get a better feel / have more control in this simulator, 2 joysticks is KEY!

:D
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

Controller - Standard Xbox One
Throttle - Right Trigger
Front Brake - Left Trigger, Antilock
Rear Brake - Left Bumper, Normal
Clutch - Right Bumper
Left/Right/Lean Forward/Backward - Left Stick
Upshift - X
Downshift - B
Sit/Dab - A
Backup - Y
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

From what i've seen its about 50/50 one stick vs two sticks in the pro scene. Just pick whatever you're most comfortable with, there is pros and cons to both. I play one stick, and I like that I have a free thumb for all my buttons. Some people who use two sticks play claw depending on their button layout. I think if you can figure out an efficient way to reach all your buttons, two sticks would more than likely grant you a little more control over the bike. Again though, it's whatever you're comfortable with.
Tanner Rogers
bop

Post by bop »

I use a modern xbox controller and both sticks.

left stick click shift down, right stick click shift up

left bumper sit/stand, right bumper rear brake

being able to shift while leaning is a game changer.
Glizzyz

Post by Glizzyz »

left joystick bike , right joystick body , left bumper down shift , right bumper upshift , right trigger throttle, left trigger brake , sit dab by clicking in right joystick , back up y , rear brake B
[youtube][/youtube]