PC for mx sim

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Lewis51stevens
Team: Privateer

PC for mx sim

Post by Lewis51stevens »

Hey, could someone help me with what PC I should get for mx sim, I’m new to gaming PC’s and have no idea what I should get for the best experience possible, any help would be much appreciated thanks
ChurchKush

Re: PC for mx sim

Post by ChurchKush »

There's nothing really special you need to run MXS, compared to most new games that pre builts are made for. Ive played on $200 basic laptops with the normal graphic settings preset with no issue until 20+ bikes on the track. Right now using a old server Dell (mid 2008) with a Quadro m2000 gpu, playing in 1440p. I'm sure any current gaming PC will give you an amazing experience
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

If you can provide a price range and some other details it would be pretty easiy to give you guidance, and there are quite a few PC enthusiasts on this forum who like to jump into these discussions.

Some questions I would ask to get a feel for what you need:
  • What is your target price range?
  • Do you have necessary peripherals like monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers/headphones or does that need to be part of the budget?
  • Do you want a desktop or laptop?
  • If you want a desktop, are you interested in building one or purchasing something pre-built?
  • Are there any other PC games you want to play?
  • In what country or region are you buying? (can impact price and availability)
As ChurchKush said, you can play the game on almost anything, but my guess is you would want a computer that can also run other games well. There are a few key important that can make a big difference, and they aren't necessarily intuitive to PC gaming as a whole. For example, MX Simulator skews more heavily toward CPU performance than most games, and older GPUs are generally fine (to a certain point.)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

I used to play the game and race rF on a Dell Inspiron from like 2009. I had to race on super low settings and on like 30fps, but it worked.

I built my first computer, which was insanely low tier for about $450, and I could run full 40 man gates on an rF outdoor at about 90fps on low-mid settings. That computer can still run the game pretty good on low gates.

I got a prebuilt in 2018, which was pretty high tier for the time, (i7 8700, 1070) and I was max frames no matter what, normal-high settings. Never had an issue.

Now I have a high end PC for modern times, obviously no issues.

In short, you could probably run MX Simulator on the CS:GO bomb but as somebody else already said in this thread, you're probably not gonna want to base your purchase based on how good it will run sim. Once you find something that looks pretty good for your price range, do lots of research before buying. It might run sim good but it might also set off your fire alarm if you try to run the new COD or something.