community slowly dying?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JaxzenKurtis34
Team: Walter&Bill Racing

community slowly dying?

Post by JaxzenKurtis34 »

idk if its just me but it doesnt seem like many tracks are being made or posted anymore besides the race series tracks. dont get me wrong those are cool and all but its always fun to hop on a fun track with homies and rip you know. kinda sucks to see less and less tracks being made.
BDawg
Team: Underground RC

Re: community slowly dying?

Post by BDawg »

Get in the dozer brother
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

There's definitely been a decline in number of talented track creators in this community. Of the few that are left, there are even fewer that have the time necessary to dump hours into a track. I've been working on a compound on and off for over a year but always got busy doing something else and have slowly been making progress.

Newer track builders have more resources than ever to make a solid track but track building does take a while to learn as it is kind of its own artform, and I feel like a majority of people who ever tried to get into track building would give up or stop because it took too much time. Also a lot of really useful resources for building tracks are buried within the forums that most new people won't know how to look for. I've been thinking about making some more video tutorials for people to get into track building, but again I always find myself doing something else.

At the end of the day I feel like a lot of it comes down to how much time people are willing to put into tracks. I personally take forever to make tracks just because I don't want to make something I feel like isn't my best work. So I'll spend hours playtesting, working on the environment, or adding some cool custom track script. If anyone is looking to getting into track building and has questions feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to help.
willyt366
Team: TTT Racing

Post by willyt366 »

All we need is JLV to get some big bore 2 stroke dynos into the game. It would be monumental for MX Simulator. A Cr500 or Kx500 would add a whole new fun element to the game.