Will the game be released on steam?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Powdered

Will the game be released on steam?

Post by Powdered »

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself as a (cyber) motocross racer!
I really enjoy this game and would go as far as saying that this is my favorite MX game but it is my least played because I don't see a future in this game.

I would like to ATLEAST bring up the though of this game being released on steam. I believe that this would revive the game again and bring in more players. Making the game more accessible is just a big + and I know this dev is talented enough to do this. I do see that the dev is still active and this led to me seeing more potential. Steam would make the game more accessible and it would be something new to a lot of users.

The original website where you purchase the game looks shady and can definitely make someone not want to purchase the game. One big factor is the price... I think the price should be lowered or go on sale. I'd prefer for it to go on sale because this dev deserves the money in my opinion, but then again $42 isn't a friendly price for such a small game.

I tried explaining to the best of my capabilities and I'm not very active on here so if you need to contact me you can DM on discord, my username is: powderedup
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Will the game be released on steam?

Post by jlv »

I probably will at some point. BMT Micro was great when Barb was the customer support person but now that she retired there's nothing special about them.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am I probably will at some point. BMT Micro was great when Barb was the customer support person but now that she retired there's nothing special about them.
I always thought the reason for it not being on steam for this long was something to do with you getting a better cut of the sales. Steam is known for having a higher take percentage compared to other other distributors. On another note, it'd be funny to see some steam achievements :lol:
Powdered

Post by Powdered »

jlv wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am I probably will at some point. BMT Micro was great when Barb was the customer support person but now that she retired there's nothing special about them.
Well I will be looking forward to this! I have been trying to get a family member on the game but he hasn't gotten it since it isn't on steam.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 am I always thought the reason for it not being on steam for this long was something to do with you getting a better cut of the sales. Steam is known for having a higher take percentage compared to other other distributors. On another note, it'd be funny to see some steam achievements :lol:
Steam does take a much bigger cut. But it does seem like there are plenty of people who are afraid to buy from anywhere else these days.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.